[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't people like this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
Why don't people like this game?
>>
>>332912985

I like it, but it's my first EO.

I played classic mode. If I were to give a main complaint, then it'd be Grimoires being annoying.
>>
File: 1456370099429.jpg (599 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1456370099429.jpg
599 KB, 1366x768
>>332912985
But I do like it. Its the first Etrian Odyssey game I've ever played and I wound up having a blast. Gameplay reminded me of SMT Nocturne in how buffs and debuffs are important, and the music was fucking amazing (also seemed somewhat similar to Bravely Default's style of music). Yuzo Koshiro is awesome. The art for the game is also really gorgeous and stylish, and the story seems to be pretty good and well paced! Although I haven't beaten it yet so I'm not certain.

I'm stuck on a boss fight against this giant bird with a bunch of FOEs nearby that walk into the fight and use attacks that make my entire party confused. Its painful.
>>
It ruins the story of the original, I preferred it when the Chieftan was just a greedy old man instead of sympathetic villian #234123
>>
>>332913343

Is the story in classic mode changed much?
>>
>story mode has a generic as fuck party of cliches
>purists are triggered by classic not having the old Immunize and 3D models for enemies
>dumb Grimoire system
>pretty shitty song remakes, especially compared to Untold 2, and new tracks aren't as good as anything in 4
>completely ruins the twist and make the villains even MORE obvious than they already were
>that dubbed camel
>>
>>332913550

The old Immunize was fucking broken though.
>>
>>332913582
I know.
Some fans are fucking weird, Anon.
>>
>>332913473
Quite a bit, but subtly.
>>
What is the best party setup on the 1st game? I'm getting my ass handed to me
>>
>>332913235
Paralyze the fucker.
Why the hell aren't you using flash bombs?
>>332913550
>that dubbed camel
wut
Also, old immunize was broken as hell, as >>332913582 and others agree. However, it's still pretty damn good by reducing all 3 elements at once, making element-walls and mists worthless until the bonus dragon fights. Only thing that even annoys me is that it never actually does anything for ailments or binds, which, even back in EO1, you'd think it would.
>>
>>332913950
Whatever works.
Also, kamina a shit. Only idiots use landsnack in EO1, no matter the version.
>>
File: 1455114317885.png (834 KB, 757x875) Image search: [Google]
1455114317885.png
834 KB, 757x875
>>332912985
No one uses helmets
>>
Is there any different/more content to play if I play through Story mode first then replay in classic?
>>
That's a boy isn't it. That's why I don't play these types of games.
>>
>>332913987
>why aren't you using flash bombs
I can only fit so many in my inventory anon. Of course I"m using flash bombs.
>>
>>332914163
No, that's a girl. Also it shouldn't matter to you.
>>
>>332913987
>wut
Come on, how did you forget about GWARRRR, RRRRRAWWWRRR getting shot by Ricky?
>>332914168
>not maneuvering so you lure the boss into a spot that the other monsters can't get into
>>
>>332914079

Two extra classes are unlocked by playing Story Mode, I think.
>>
>>332914079
Classic literally has 1 quest, 1 monster (mantis reskin), and 1 weapon (an axe) exclusive to it.
You can actually find grimoires with highlander and gunner skills, but they're still not quite as good as having the two classes to shit out grimoires at whim (when you get lucky enough to even get any).
Stupidly enough, story mode can partially be played around with by the game finally letting you change classes at fucking level 30. Some people change simon to a troubadour, which isn't that bad an idea if you have medic shit in grimoires. Action boost+Boost+offense skill (preferably multi-hit) is broken as shit, as long as you have the TP for it.
>>
>>332914221
It didn't really stand out to me.
>>332914246
You don't really "unlock" them perse, so much as you get to use them from story mode. Or maybe I'm retarded.
>>
>>332914079
You get Highlander/Gunner as extra classes. Highlander and Frederica portraits only.
Plus story has chests that count toward 100% completion and I think you can only get a ronin drop from story's postgame.
>>
File: 1429849176682.jpg (129 KB, 687x657) Image search: [Google]
1429849176682.jpg
129 KB, 687x657
>>332914079
Story mode has its own dungeons, which are needed for 100% completion apparently. You also get the best katana at the end, despite none of the story characters normally using one.

Also two story characters have unique classes, you can't make new ones, but you can reclass classic characters, get grimoire stones with their skills, and the two carry over if you beat story and go over to classic.
>>
>>332913550
>and new tracks aren't as good as anything in 4

4's soundtrack was shit and the best theme was a orchestrated version of a boss theme from 3
>>
>>332914768
>4's soundtrack was shit
Wow. Say Ricky's your waifu, 3's subclassing was balanced, and 4 was hard while you're at it.
>>
>>332913550
>pretty shitty song remakes
Didn't play the original so I'm not sure how the other tracks stack up to the original versions but withered forest sounded really good.
>>
>>332914831
>tfw personally gimped my team into damn near oblivion by capping out that fucking third tier passive on dancer
>on my night seeker too
>didn't realize the NS/Arc synergy until after the fourth land
EO4 I was just fucking retarded thoughout.
>>
>>332914831
>not having top class waifus
Everyone knows the best girls by generation are
Mediko/Canada
Jack Frost/Trand/HighlanderF
Curls farmer and ponytail princess
Bandanashark, the glorious return of teach, and Medium
And Twintails fencer
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.