[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WoT is rigged volume 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 14
File: World-of-Tanks1.jpg (55 KB, 572x350) Image search: [Google]
World-of-Tanks1.jpg
55 KB, 572x350
From archived thread from the last night (or day for some)
>>332546083
Thread on the WoT EU forum has been further updated, it might be interesting
>>
1/2

"Basics of how the game is rigged and why:
-Everything that should be random (in respectful levels of the tank/spg/td you are playing) - MM, hit chance, pen chance, bounce chance, etc - all these stats are recalculated all the time and then "random" but not so random values are generated to even things out and keep masses of players in check.
-Since there is a lot more bad players, the game system is more friendly to them than to good players and this keeps the player base in check - large and constantly growing
-The system is unfair as the game can nerf you and you can encounter a player who is currently buffed, getting instantly owned by "bad luck" (this is besides MM putting you in retard teams)
-Spawn points are manipulated as well (sometimes in combination with retard teams generation resulting in infamous lemming trains with blind and deft people who don't react to map blinks and chat)
-Gold ammo doesn't help if you have been nerfed by the game, you won't penetrate more - since players do not realize this it will also often inspire them to buy gold ammo since they constantly fail to pen and try to compensate
-Game is also rigged in a way that it forces you to play and grind different tanks by giving you losing streaks and nerfing tanks that you play a lot - more money to WG
-The game looks and sounds great, but it is almost like you have minimum effect on what will happen in game with MM and stats being nerfed/buffed according to previous games stats - it is like the game plays you instead of you playing the game
-There is an advanced closed-source and patented algorithm under the hood taking care of this
>>
>>332622819

2/2

-Many good and long-term players are aware of these game mechanics and play according to them resulting in higher win ratio and better stats but they won't reveal their secret to success
-These players adapt to game mechanics by keeping a close eye on various stats and numbers; Things such as number of games played on each tank, win/lose streaks, XVM and data from other 3rd party statistics websites; By avoiding nerfed tanks when they notice the game has nerfed them (sometimes not playing them for months), playing buffed tanks only, playing specific platoon setups with other aware players, etc.

For those who have a lot of experience in gaming this should not be surprising at all, as many people will do anything it takes to show they are better than the rest, even if it is "just a game". I remember in WoW people used to abuse PvP arena system by precisely calculating queue times with two arena teams and trading victories (used to be called wintrading) before Blizz made huge efforts to prevent it."
>>
File: Lago prototype late engine deck.jpg (502 KB, 1203x823) Image search: [Google]
Lago prototype late engine deck.jpg
502 KB, 1203x823
>>332622819
Eh... you know I cant take you sreiously without a source right. Also there is a WoT general on /vg/ so if you want to take this up maybe you could do it there
>>
>>332623361
What better source you need than players who actually played the game a lot? Btw I am not the guy who posted this. Also there are some deeper analysis from people who took it a step fruther:

http://lightquick.co.uk/world-of-tanks-is-the-matchmaker-rigged.html?Itemid=252

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?10588-WoT-is-rigged

Btw what is the difference on posting here vs posting in /vg/ and why is it better to post there?
>>
So because some guy said so we're supposed to believe it?
>>
>>332623592
I see now, understood.
>>
File: 1406577413387.png (46 KB, 413x244) Image search: [Google]
1406577413387.png
46 KB, 413x244
>game is rigged for people to get 50% winrate
>shitters still manage to get 43% winrat
>>
File: i dont think so.jpg (188 KB, 1180x704) Image search: [Google]
i dont think so.jpg
188 KB, 1180x704
>>332623592
>What better source you need than players who actually played the game a lot?

Oh gee i dont know. Something with some actual evidence. I have over 15000 games and while i can understand the frustrations of this guy, i can not take his comments seriously when he has nothing to back them up.
>>
>>332623618
make your own opinion, but take note that he is not the first and I'm sure he wont be the last who claims this. Where there is smoke, there is fire.
>>
>>332623897
Try the links I have posted. The picture you posted disapproves nothing of the claimed whatsoever.
>>
The game isn't rigged because wargaming is too incompetent to pull it off. The only thing "rigged" is the excessive RNG for penetration, damage, and accuracy in order to level the playing field. There is no malicious RNG or anything of that sort in the game. What happens is that rather then learning from their mistakes, shitters get mad and then bitch about the game being rigged. Without any platooning I reached a 57% winrate and 2500 wn8. And there are plenty of people that are a hell of a lot better than me at the game. Yes you can lower the rng by platooning with other good players to reduce the number of retards on your team but that's not rigging as the enemy team can do the same. Yes the new lines are usually overpowered as shit to get you to grind a new line and then nerfed but that's not really rigging either. Stop blaming everything but yourself. It's your fault your winrate is where it is because you refuse to learn how to carry even in tanks that are complete turds.

>>332623771
That's what made me ultimately quit, and being tired of grind. It's really pathetic when bots are better at the game then some people.
>>
reminder that dota 2 mm forces 50% wr too
they also have a jewish psychiatrist as part of game design team
>>
Armored Warfare is where it's at bros
>>
>>332624827
>>332624827
They have 45 million active players, their site and everything is very professionally made (from technical and marketing perspective), their hosting platform is great and stable, pretty much everything they did and do is of high quality.
>>
File: 1423065753033.jpg (229 KB, 449x1197) Image search: [Google]
1423065753033.jpg
229 KB, 449x1197
>>332625448
>Armored Warfare
>>
>>332625574
Except of course the actual gameplay side of things. Doesn't change that it isn't rigged though and no one can provide any proof to validate their claims.
>>
>>332625574
>pretty much everything they did and do is of high quality.
Yeah everything except the game.
>>
>>332625594
solid argument there
>>
>>332625643
The gameplay is smoother than most similar games, the sounds are decent as well
>>
>>332621980
>this game is rigged because I say so

special shoutout to "They nerf tanks to punish me, specifically me!"

the game is garbage but not because of these reasons.
>>
File: 4673399953_9107055f6b_b.jpg (434 KB, 1024x702) Image search: [Google]
4673399953_9107055f6b_b.jpg
434 KB, 1024x702
>>332625448
>Armored Warfare
you dont have any idea how much of a clusterfuck that game really is. Obsidian does not know what they are doing, Mail.ru is pushing stupid crap into the game like is7 (mark my words) and My.com is the middleman in all this

Really the less you know about the game's development the more confident you will be in it.
>>
Redicolus conspiracy theories thread?
>>
>>332626304
wargaming.net employee?
>>
This is not going to change a thing.
>>
>>332621980
http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/561790-this-game-is-completely-rigged/

Some of OP's original posts were removed by WG and he was banned from the forums. The thread appears to be update as OP is sending posts to his friend to post.
>>
>>332626242
I actually enjoy AW more than WoT. Mainly because there's no fucked up arty that will oneshot you or make your tank useless for rest of the game. Playing heavy tank in game with 3 enemy arty is pure suffering

For me whole game feels better fromt he start, when wg couldn't repair shit reported for the last 3 years. Also AW wont drop your stock tank into 2tier+ game because "lol MM i dont care that in enemy team there's no tank you could penetrate"
>>
>>332627030
only issues i've had so far with AW is that the NA server has major population issues, and obsidian are well meaning, but keep fucking up silly shit and can't run an event on time to save their life
>>
>>332626769
poor fella discussing this issue on WG forum and expecting a fair convo
>>
>>332627030
It's never the case that you'll be unable to damage anyone because you're bottom tier, you just need to avoid shooting people in their strongest armour.

You weren't playing the game when you'd run into tier 8 premium tanks as a tier 5 hunk of crap and literally be unable to damage some of the vehicles you encountered.
>>
>>332628734
if you decide to play this game despite all the rigging claims, do play it like an asshole and ignore others that will call you noob or a camper
>>
File: Every fucking time.jpg (48 KB, 327x370) Image search: [Google]
Every fucking time.jpg
48 KB, 327x370
>>332629941
I know how to have fun in bad games, don't you fret.
>>
>here we go again
>>
>I'm better than my stats say!
>the game is keeping me down!
>me personally!
lmaoing@ur pathetic selves
>>
>>332623592
>https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?10588-WoT-is-rigged
tadada is the stupidest faggot you'll ever meet, he's a bad player who blames his buyer's remorse on WG and thinks the entire world is against him
>>
>>332632940
But we are, didn't you get the memo?
>>
I played WoT back in Beta and the game was rigged back then, people already knew it from playing but it was confirmed when a guy who datamined the game posted a comparison of german and russian tanks showing armor strength and internal component placements which had tiny components situated in unhittable places for slavshit and giant ass components in the most vulnerable places for german tanks

Not to mention stuff like Jagdpanther mantlet armor not being implemented etc etc

I quit this dumb ass game after Beta because I grinded through the whole german TD path and the Jagdtiger couldnt even hope to penetrate the fucking zippy ass slavshit medium tanks with the dumb ass fucking log on their backs

Like at any fucking angle you couldnt penetrate these fuckers and they outran literally everything so in any given situation you had two of these circling you and penetrating you from every angle while you couldnt even penetrate them at all from any range

fucking russian devs and their russian bias games
>>
>>332633142
I played the game back in CBT and it wasn't rigged, and still isn't

Mantlet armor was bugged on a lot of tanks at the time, and it was fixed on release
>>
People still play this arcade shit?
>>
>>332633314
>it wasnt rigged

are you dumb? It was proven to be rigged back then
>>
>>332633435
lies
>>
>>332633682
Whatever makes you sleep better at night.
>>
>>332633367
What, we should be playing War Thunder, where they ca't even figure out if they want to be realistic or arcade, and settle for a horrible mish-mash of the two?

There's a reason WT has less players than WoT despite having air combat as well.
>>
>>332633845
Arma
>>
>>332633828
right back at you
>>
Wiesel is fun as fuck
>>
File: Leichtraktor's face when.jpg (6 KB, 126x95) Image search: [Google]
Leichtraktor's face when.jpg
6 KB, 126x95
>>332633918
Not a fan of fancy modern electronic bullshit, so ARMA has limited appeal for me.
>>
the greatest WoT bait there ever was, gathering (you)s in record amounts since 2011
>>
It's not bait if it's true.
>>
so this is bait
>>
i only play the game in loltraktor tier at least that is still midly amusing
>>
I remember the exact day that the /vg/ thread became pure cancer.
>>
>>332635341
day 1 ?
>>
>people are STILL playing WoT and similar scams
>>
>>332635987
Not anymore. And we should expose big scam companies such as WG so that others don't start making their own advanced money farming games. It could already be too late tho.
>>
>>332622945
>but they won't reveal their secret to success
>>
>>332637224
Reading issues?

"-Many good and long-term players are aware of these game mechanics and play according to them resulting in higher win ratio and better stats but they won't reveal their secret to success
-These players adapt to game mechanics by keeping a close eye on various stats and numbers; Things such as number of games played on each tank, win/lose streaks, XVM and data from other 3rd party statistics websites; By avoiding nerfed tanks when they notice the game has nerfed them (sometimes not playing them for months), playing buffed tanks only, playing specific platoon setups with other aware players, etc."
>>
>>332637520
this is just batshit retarded
>>
File: are you shitting me.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
are you shitting me.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>332622945

idk about this shit m8. I have a steadily somewhat steadily increasing win rate, currently sitting at 55.3, and I really don't think shit is manipulated quite that much.

Even when I'm doing really good and am winning most of my games I get a lot of retarded hits, and retarded bounces.

Shitters are shit, and they're so shit that they can't even possibly realize they are shit and why, so they come up with convoluted excuses as to why it's everything other than they're incompetent.

RNG is RNG, it's bullshit, but it's not rigged. People just don't know how to minimize it's affect and get themselves in situations where it's the only thing that can save them (webm related)
>>
>>332624681
>The picture you posted disapproves nothing of the claimed whatsoever.
Maybe he does not need to disprove what was not proven in the first place.
>>
What a bunch of whiners. Git gud fags
>>
>>332634056
It is Leichttraktor.
Two "t".
>>
>>332638227

all versions of the sherman have the best RNG
>>
>>332636749
>Not anymore.
Oh please, the EU and RU WoT servers are more alive than ever and the big bucks always came from those.
>>
>>332638909
Did I say that is not the case?
>>
>>332638964
Yes. "Not anymore" implies that those shit game's popularity dwindled, it hasn't in the slightest.
>>
>>332638964
I was talking about myself not playing anymore.
>>
>>332639030
I was talking about myself not playing anymore.

As you can see in the rigged basics TLDR list:

-Since there is a lot more bad players, the game system is more friendly to them than to good players and this keeps the player base in check - large and constantly growing
>>
>>332639114
I feel bad for people like you, I wonder what life is like when you're actively stupid
>>
>>332639304
Why resort to personal insults mate, aren't you smarter than that?
>>
>>332639481
because that's pretty much the only thing you might understand
>>
>>332639481
Why believe something you read on the internet without evidence, aren't you smarter than that?
>>
>>332639530
I actually think it is because that is all you are capable of coming up with
>>
>>332639648
no, that's because that's pretty much all you deserve.

WoT is absolutely not friendly to bad players, without premium account they start struggling to make credits at tier 6, and they consistently lose credits at tier 7 and above. Bad players basically NEED to spend money on the game if they want to play higher tiers, because farming at tier 5 when you're bad takes eons.

Meanwhile a good player can make credits without premium at tier 8, and even with some tier 9 and 10 tanks. If you're good and patient you don't ever need to spend a cent on this game except maybe for extra garage slots.

Not to mention that good player get over 55% win rate and more than one kill per battle, which is arguably a lot more fun than getting sub-48% win rate and half a kill per battle on average
>>
>>332639971
why don't you suck WG CEO's cock while you are at it, unless you are from WG yourself
>>
>>332640238
not even him, but

>unable to make a good comeback
>resorts to non-sequitur or personal attacks
>>
>>332640238
see, I was right >>332639530
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 460x215
>>332639971
> If you're good and patient you don't ever need to spend a cent on this game
Yeah never heard that before.

Reevaluate your ethics as a consumer you monstrously stupid bastard.
>>
Having played and interacted with the best players on the European server, and being quite good myself, I really can't do anything but laugh at all this shit.
The only thing right now that fucks up the game is artillery RNG (which by promise from WG, will be addressed in some way, again.) and stats-ingame with XVM. (which might be fixed by making it possible to hide your stats)

It all requires mental intelligence and understanding of game mechanics and strength/weaknesses of tanks.
Knowing the flow of the battle, when to push and when to retreat.
This is where artillery can fuck you up, as it often punishes aggressive play. Luckily for those using XVM, you can easily detect if an artillery is a filthy statfocuser by having the XVM usage icon turned on.
And RNG itself will fuck you up so rarely if you do stuff right, that the good games will outweigh the bad ones by far.

If you're shit and aspire to something greater, get your ass on twitch and look at good players fucking shit up.

tl;dr - your shit, deal with it
>>
>>332641391
Tibes ?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11fyI40-vnxbnTobR-WXO8u5NVT45B5N3aWjFuAf1CWw/pub
>>
>>332639971
>If you're good and patient you don't ever need to spend a cent on this game except maybe for extra garage slots.
Or buying tanks at T8-10, gold ammo (which is necessary for shit tanks or if you're bottom tier), high tier modules, premium consumables ... etc.
>>
>playing Russian online games
Russian garbage like WoT, WT, Survarium etc. is nothing but money milking.
>>
>>332638707
Have you driven the M4A2E4?
Gun is shit but never faces tier 7s at least
>>
>>332623592
>What better source you need than players who actually played the game a lot?
that's anecdotal evidence.
>>
>>332641785
I've been playing since 2013, I haven't spent a single penny on this game and I have 60% of the tanks unlocked.
If your head is not caved in you can make big bux in T8 and not use premium ammo or consumables.
>>
>>332641391
>>332641785
I played to tier 10 without premium account or premium tank
>>
>>332623771
For /wotg/ im a shitter and most of my tanks are above 52% winrate
>never put a single coin in the game
>not a gold spammer
>only 3k battles
>only 6 tanks with 50%+ win rate except the lastest buy wich had 47%
I abandon that shit months ago because its not fun anymore, was tempted by the physics update, but i tried war thunder for the same and they are still shit games, in the name of balance, they take off the fun out.
>>
>>332645504
why not just get good?
>>
>>332645671
The biggest problem i had was my latency, it was allways over 200ms, and that kills the gameplay.
Calculations were server side, so it was allways a little more than that.
with lower latency, like 50ms, i would master it faster than those gold kids who call themselves good players.
>>
>>332645504
>>332645937
The thing that keeps me going after 21k battles is the clan atmosphere.
I'd say only 20-25% of my random games are solo games, the rest platoons while using teamspeak to share joy and frustration.
>>
File: Angry_Marine_Desktop.jpg (191 KB, 1004x493) Image search: [Google]
Angry_Marine_Desktop.jpg
191 KB, 1004x493
>>332621980
Stopped playing WoT years ago, stopped playing WoWs some time after launch and WoWp in the closed beta. WarGaming are a shit company. They ban people for no reason and take credit for stuff that community had done before. So fuck them and their games.
>>
>>332646289
You should try War Thunder, they make Wargaming look really competent.
>>
File: shot 2014.08.27 20.42.52.jpg (105 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
shot 2014.08.27 20.42.52.jpg
105 KB, 1440x900
>>332647751
I was in the Closed beta of WT and played with the /vg/ clan and probably still am in it but just dont play. And yeah Gaijin are also shit
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.