[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's talk about Fire Emblem. Name the games you played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 21
File: 1432160738210.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1432160738210.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
Let's talk about Fire Emblem. Name the games you played and say something you like and dislike about each one.
>>
>>332352905
>>
>Binding Blade
Like how straight forward it is and the tutorial is completely optional so when you start the game, you're really getting started right away.
Dislike how every map is seize. It's still a pretty good objective to work with at least, but at the same time undermined by Roy having such a bad promotion period and becoming deadweight halfway through the game.
>Sacred Stones
Like the option to grind since I don't even need to do it but others can so I can convince other friends to get into it without it compromising the way I play. The split route thing is also pretty nice.
I actually can't think of anything particularly bad to dislike. Even the cast was pretty good for what the GBA games were in terms of characters.
>Path of Radiance
Love this game's method of building supports as well as the inclusion of base conversations. Both of these two features really need to come back already.
I can easily say the game's worst aspect is the animations. For everything this game did so right, it's sad that the animations are so boring and slow (for the most part).
>Radiant Dawn
From a gameplay standpoint, I like supporting anybody together. It also had the best variety in gameplay elements to impact things, especially elevation.
Worst thing about this was the fucked up unit availability. As cool as it is to experience different stories with units passing around, it completely ruins some characters because they have no chance to catch up, especially when royals are usually so damn good from the get go.
>Awakening
I'll at least give it credit for the reclassing feature. As unbalanced as it was, it was at least a neat idea that needed touched on some more.
Dislike the map design and difficulty balancing in general. It's all so lazily handled and every map is rout or boss. Barely anything to interact with like ballistas or breakable walls.
>>
>>332354145
To finish:
>Conquest
I love the map variety in this game, dragon veins can add more methods to go about completing a map and they're designed to really make you think carefully about how to pull everything off. I also really like My Castle's facility aspect. Having to build up the armory and staff shop gives a pretty decent sense of progression, and different units manning the prison or mess hall is a fun way to have some variety added from units who I may have benched.
As far as disliek goes, I'm actually gonna go with the difficulty of this one. I'm no Awakening baby, but I feel like Conquest just doesn't know when to fucking stop with its bullshit sometimes. Halfway through the game it just becomes a matter of what the next map will do to annoy the fuck out of you and potentially dissuade you from retrying if you get fucked by the (seemingly cruel now) RNG while near the end of it all. Not to say it's all bad, I love when enemies have special skill setups like what Conquest does, but I'd kinda like it better in moderation. Call me a baby or whatnot, but holy shit this game wants to break you.
>>
File: 1443370529389.png (203 KB, 250x362) Image search: [Google]
1443370529389.png
203 KB, 250x362
>>332352905
>Gaiden
Liked the more rpg elements but hate the level up system and how old it is
>Sacred Stones
Like the characters and supports but hate the some of the stupidity of the plot and its ease
>PoR
Great plot and characters but once again to easy and weak animations/sprites
>RD
Best gameplay in the series for me hands down. But plot is weak and unit placement and availability can get a bit fucked
>Shadow Dragon
Loved playing the first fire emblem game without a time machine and a jap translating for me but it was also a bit too faithful in some places putting many off it
>Awakening
Liked how...accessible it was. Hated virtually everything else but it has its merits

Oh yeah I played 12 as well but didn't get to beat it because life got in the way so I'm withholding judgment though I like this Avatar better than the one that succeeds it
>>
Is FE14 worth playing, or is it a shitty otaku pandering cash-in like 13?
>>
Somebody convince me to play Fire Emblem 4.
>>
>>332355732
Conquest is worth playing if you want a ball busting but well made challenge. The otaku shit is few, but still easily ignorable. Just play it however you'd prefer to play a Fire Emblem.
>>
File: wait what.jpg (87 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
wait what.jpg
87 KB, 800x600
>>332356068
Play Fire Emblem 4.
>>
>>332354750
Please, Conquest is at most only marginally harder than pre-Awakening games.
Go play Thracia 776 and come back.
>>
>>332356936
Okay
>>
>>332356068
gigantic maps with an amazing soundtrack and a story that isn't shit
>>
>>332358292
The gigantic maps are a little frightening to me. Is it a hard game?
>>
>>332357578
I will when it gets a decent translation.
>>
>>332358628
You get to save once per turn, kinda like in Radiant Dawn easy/normal. I think there's a ranking penalty if you keep restarting from a midchapter save, but you still can.
>>
File: casual.png (11 KB, 259x288) Image search: [Google]
casual.png
11 KB, 259x288
>Shadow Dragon & Remake
I enjoyed the general feel of the game, but I didn't like how incomplete it felt. The remake had the same kind of problem.

>Binding Blade
I liked the character/class diversity and Roy, I didn't care for the color palettes.

>Blazing Sword
I enjoyed the gameplay, challenge, and characters, I didn't care for the fact that it just kind of ended and didn't do much past that.

>Sacred Stones
I loved the characters, supports, postgame and color palettes, I didn't care for how easy it was though.

>PoR
Plot and characters were great, animations were a little boring.

>New Mystery of the Emblem
I liked the general feel of the game, I guess, I didn't care for the self-insert character creation very much.

>Awakening
I liked the accessibility of the game and a couple of the characters, but I disliked the vast majority of the class and waifufaggotry pandering.
>>
>>332359463
Oh I'm not too worried about ranking. But that sounds a little relieving. Okay I'll give this game a shot.
>>
>>332352905
>Binding Blade
It brought Fire Emblem on a portable device and simplified it all so people can get into it without making it all brain dead easy. Sadly, Leveling up was rather cruel with it's RNG, and the Lord can get really screwed until he gets his sacred weapon.
>Blazing Sword
It advanced on what Binding Blade introduced along with expending the story. Some of the levels, and how to get to them, were pretty interesting, like how your use of strength or magic classes can determine one of the maps you play on. The tutorial was great for people who know NOTHING about the series. The only issue with the game was how High Speed characters were broken beyond belief in this game. One of the lords are kind of weak too
>Sacred Stones
high replayability with its class choosing, which was a very nice feature to add. The idea of adding passives was pretty neat too. The main issue was the lack of difficulty. The Grinding element was a game breaking element, and even the Arena had balance because you could easily die in those places and waste money. It was too damn easy
>Path Of Radiance
Got rid of some broken mechanics like rescue and made a very stable campaign that never got too easy unless you let Ike do everything. The management with your army was improved as well without making everything too simple. The story was pretty damn good too. However, Some thing are a little last minute or poorly thought out, like your thief taking money if you even use him or some of the characters having absolutely no use in the game.
>Radiant Dawn
>>332354145 this guy explains everything. I can't think of anything else to say
>Awakening
extremely ambitious and revived the series, but nothing was refined and everything was unbalanced. The story is bland, the characters are meh, the reclassing was broken, and the need for never ending grinding for Lunatic mode was frustrating.
>Conquest
>>332354750
added Dislike:
>It's a Takumi chapter
>>
>>332352905
Who cares. FE is dead to me.
>>
File: inSAIN.png (433 KB, 680x451) Image search: [Google]
inSAIN.png
433 KB, 680x451
fave pair of christmas knights?
>>
>be playing a Gaiden translation
>suddenly dialogue with Alm
>he talk in numbers

Does anybody has a decent translation?
>>
>>332360189
Kyle and Ford.
>>
>>332352905
Why was Ike such an autist? Don't tell me it was because he was raised by wolves in the woods. Mist didn't turn out such a faggot.
>>
>>332354145
>it completely ruins some characters because they have no chance to catch up,
There are like, 3 characters who have no chance to "catch up," if by that you mean hitting middle of tier 3 for the endgame.
>>
>>332352905
>Shadow Dragon
My 1st game, and my favorite
I like the simplicity without any supports or anything, I dislike the fact that you can't get all the units on one file
>Sacred Stones
My 2nd game, and my 3rd favorite
I like the rescue mechanic, and I dislike that you can't skip enemy turns
>Awakening
My 3rd game
I like being able to recruit past units, I dislike the pair up mechanic and the waifu/husbando marriages
>Path of Radiance
My 4th game, and my 2nd favorite
I like the bonus exp, and I dislike... nothing really, besides a couple chapters.
>>
File: 1416546153677.jpg (78 KB, 692x1024) Image search: [Google]
1416546153677.jpg
78 KB, 692x1024
>>332352905
>Gaiden
Like nearly everything. Great experimentation with weird units, combat against monsters, etc., and the whole final chapter and last 'dungeon' is literally perfect in my eyes. Poor balance and bad unit diversity though.

>Genealogy
Best story, every character is unique and quirky and not just a stereotype. Only flaw is you can't canonically save Ethlin/Cuan.

>Thracia
The best challenge, not just because RNG but actual "enemy formations and tactics will plow you" stuff. Too many units that are too similar though, they tend to run together.

>Sword of Seals
Not much specific to like, just all-around "it's ok." Dislike the buildup to the final boss and then it was literally fucking nothing.

>Blazing Sword
Like because easy. Dislike because too easy.

>Sacred Stones
Like Myrrh. Dislike everything that is not Myrrh.

>Path of Radiance
Similar to 2 and 4, it experimented and tried to bring back past ideas to combine with newer ones. It did okay. Laguz didn't feel as useful as they should've been, not much else negative to say.
>>
File: 1458864620891.png (244 KB, 902x915) Image search: [Google]
1458864620891.png
244 KB, 902x915
>Binding Blade
Liked: You get 3 of every single class, lots of replayability, decent difficulty, big maps
Bad: Holy shit the RNG wtf
>Blazing Sword
Liked: Polished FE6s bullshit, good characters, good maps, no real weaknesses and was a solid fire emblem all around.
Disliked: A bit easy I suppose but I've played it like 10 times by now so thats probably why.
>Sacred Stones
Liked: Polished FE7 again and just added more stuff to it.
Disliked: Ez
>Path of Radiance
Liked: Great cast, great story, lots of fun additions like skills and such
Disliked: Holy fucking shit this game is so slow, I am never completing this shit again
>Radiant Dawn
Didnt finish really because I couldn't stand a lot of things like the party swapping
>Shadow Dragon
Liked: Reclass system, elegant in its simplicity.
Disliked: Really barebones.
>Awakening
Liked: Saved the series, Owain
Disliked: Everything else
>Conquest
Liked: Added lots of fun stuff like balanced pair up mechanic, new magic triangle, new weapons, best waifus
Disliked: DaS2 tier "difficulty", certain new mechanics (shurikens) are imbalanced as fuck, unit balance is out of whack
>>
Will there ever be good supports like in FE6 or is it all wifu garbage from now on
>>
File: I have no strength.png (501 KB, 594x864) Image search: [Google]
I have no strength.png
501 KB, 594x864
>>332361268
did you get a Shining Bow?
>>332361434
Conquest doesn't purely have waifu supports, like your MC talking to Kaze. Some people have dark pasts.
>>
>>332355732

It's good desu

Conquest is fantastic gamewise. The story is crap but most FE's have bad story so whatever.

You can ignore waifufaggotry but making good child units is fun. Some of them are death machines like Velouria or Shiggy Diggy so it's worthy to read at least a guide on it.
>>
>>332359754
How do you grind in lunatic mode?
>>
>>332354750
Literally the only map I had trouble with in Conquest was the final one. Chapter 10, just a matter of luck and preventing enemies from getting into your area, Ninja Rape Caves, not really hard if you take it slow and block off Saizou from entering, and the penultimate chapter was a JOKE and the boss there was honestly easier than Ryouma in chapter 12. The final chapter was stupid though, you can't save and have to redo the last chapter over if you fail, infinite respawn enemies, a gimmick that is inconsistent, and a boss who I 1-rounded once I reached him. Overall, the game had some great maps, but they stopped making the difficulty consistent at the end and had to use gimmicks.
>>
>>332356068
Do it faggot, it has the best world and story in the series, and it is prerequisite for playing the best FE game, Thracia 776
>>
who is your favorite lord?
>>
File: Liking intensifies.png (235 KB, 512x315) Image search: [Google]
Liking intensifies.png
235 KB, 512x315
>>332362627
I like Ike.
>>
File: 1454185419233.gif (2 MB, 450x286) Image search: [Google]
1454185419233.gif
2 MB, 450x286
I'm kinda miffed that according to the devs a self-insert character is now a staple of the series
>>
>>332362627
PoR Ike. He starts off weak and becomes appropriately stronger as the game progresses. It's pretty amazing how his growth usually work so his stats match up well with how he's viewed and treated in story.
>>
>>332362627

Lyndis and Chrom
>>
>>332362916
Kris was okay and I kind of liked Robin. Corrin was shit no doubt and I'd prefer not to always have an avatar but if it's always going to be a Robin or Kris-tier character I think it'd be okay.
Making them the absolute main character was a mistake though.
>>
>>332362916

I use the default name and the default appearance.

No self-insert for me m8. It's either full self insert or nothing. Not this pre selected anime styled "avatar".
>>
File: Ashnard_and_the_previous_King.png (367 KB, 1024x568) Image search: [Google]
Ashnard_and_the_previous_King.png
367 KB, 1024x568
>>332363345
It seems to work best when they're a tactician or soldier who commands the troops

>>332363374
yeah same but it makes discussions annoying when you get the self-inserters flooding in talking about how their waifu loves them and so on, and how everyone including the main lord sucks up to you because you're strategy jesus on crack

I'm sure it would happen anyway but it just enables them
>>
>Gaiden
Enjoyable how unique it was at that time, but It lacked for me a reason to replay it.
>Holy War
I liked the story and the blood heredity, planning how the 2nd generation will be.
But I think it could work better using the usual FE size maps, instead of those giant ones.
>Thracia
My favorite. I think it has the perfect amount of challenge and enjoyable maps. I just wished dialog supports were a thing at that time.
>Binding Blade
A lot of characters, holy shit. I liked to try new things each time, even when some are really shitty.
The story is meh, not really boring, just simple.
>Blazing Sword
I like a lot of characters and It has replay value with the Eliwood/Hector routes, difficulty settings and ranking system.
Bad thing, Lyn story.
>Sacred Stones
All the good stuff from FE6 and FE7, but with more cool classes to play with, but...It's so easy, holy shit, even hard mode without using the tower of Valni I hate how easy this is.
>Path of Radiance
Good Story, nice characters, good maps, BK scaring the shit of me when he just one-shoted my units. Good stuff.
The bad thing, difficulty again. You can practically solo with Ike if you know what you are doing. This could be one of my favorites if japan didn't remove the hardest difficulty.
>Radiant Dawn
I really like the story and how everything comes together.
I didn't like how the new characters where treated because I couldn't know about them at all, so they were forgetable to me.
>Shadow Dragon
I didn't like it, that's all. I like Tiki and Marth I guess...
>New Mystery
A lot better. Chris, supports and the new side stories maintain things interesting.
Like shadow dragon, I still think they both are ugly looking.
>Awakening
Great artstyle, good amount of content and replay value. I also liked the pair up mechanic (shame it was so broken).
But, really boring maps, a "I don't care" story and a dumb Lunatic+ difficulty.
>Fates Conquest
A lot of good maps, I enjoyed it a lot.
The story and the MC are just dumb.
>>
File: eph.png (520 KB, 700x870) Image search: [Google]
eph.png
520 KB, 700x870
>>332362627
I really like Ephraim, Hector and Roy are cool too. I kind of wish that Ephraim or Hector had been tossed into Sm4sh instead of Lucina or Corrin.
>>
File: i_rip_the_skin.gif (945 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
i_rip_the_skin.gif
945 KB, 250x236
>Shadow Dragon
it's shit lol, the Famicom version is downright hard to play and even the remake is still shallow and unfulfilling. Maybe one day I'll try Gaiden.
>Gene Roddenberry
Very much a wake-up call after I finished the GBA games, overwhelming at first but thanks the large sprawling maps, crazy depth, and the best story in the series it aged really fucking well.
>Thracia
Builds on an already stellar game while ironing out the kinks, objectively the best FE game and any other opinion is a meme
>Binding Blade
The most decidedly "okay" game in the series, 7 and 8 just outclass it in every way.
>the seventh one
My favorite FE game until I played 4 and 5, still quite fun and I'd argue that it's the "cleanest" FE experience.
>Sacred Stones
My first FE game, barely remember how it was as a kid (pretty sure I never beat it) but replaying it on the 3ds a few years ago ignited my interest in the series. A little on the easy side, but still great despite it and the game I recommend first when getting someone into the series.
>PoR and RD
Awesome games, have my overall favorite characters in the series. Gameplay is a step forward from the GBA titles, but could stand to be a little more like the Jugdral games.
>Awakening
Mediocre anime shit, I'm still not sure what they were thinking. Everything but graphics is a step down, and the difficulty is FE8-tier even on the harder settings. It revived the series, sure, but I should be able to expect some fucking dignity.
>the new one
Had some fun with Conquest, though it nears DS2 levels of unfair tripe at points. Story and characters are abysmal, way worse than awakening or any other FE game and the only one to this day where I mashed through conversations.
>>
>FE12
Difficult in a good way, but there's a clear distinction between good and bad characters.
If they have good base stats and they come after Jake, they have bad growths. If they have bad base stats, they still have bad growths after Jake.
Pretty much anyone after Jake except Michalis is useless unless you're doing a no stat run, and Michalis desperately needs about 4 Statues because he has 2 fucking luck goddamn. He will get critted on non stop if you try to use him and didn't save up statues specifically for him.
Also being forced to use 4 characters, non of which are particularly remarkable fighters, to get the good ending, while putting them in range of the boss that can one shot them/double and two shot them is frustrating. You're forced to either blow up the boss the same turn you rescue them, which is hard, or abuse Again and Rescue staves .

>Sacred Stones
I played this a long time ago and barely remember anything about it, but I remember having fun.

>Path of Radiance
Awesome characters, great character models (playing on an emulator they look amazingly good), compelling plot, best support system.
Don't get the Convoy until 7 chapters in meaning you either have to toss stuff you get or only kill specific enemies with specific characters. Too fucking easy. Even on the hardest difficulty most enemies can be blown up and deal no damage in return, Kieran is the only one who I have had to worry about mages with since he stats with 1 resistance, everyone else takes between 4 and 0 damage from mages and Boyd can one shot anything that not a knight or cavalier. Lethe and Titania are also completely broken tier, Titania has great stats for a level 1 Paladin to start with, and she has good growths as well meaning she can keep up to end game and all but solo maps.
Also slow as shit, animations take forever to play out and you can't skip and autoresolve combat like in FE12.
>>
>>332366458
>Radiant Dawn
Extremely lengthy and full of content. Loads of characters to use most all of which are viable. Difficult, but not nearly as hard as older titles.
Supports suck ass. Given the scope of the game they probably decided it was just too much to do in too little time and clearly put no effort into the supports at all beyond a few alternate endings for specific supports on main characters.
Also slow like PoR.

>Awakening
>implying I played this
>>implying I'll buy a 3DS without Advance Wars
>>
>Holy War
I liked the time skip story and the children.
I hate the giant maps. Totally kills the story pacing and you spend a lot of turns just moving your units and doing nothing else. All you fight are huge groups of single enemy types at a time too, which is just annoying. Also infinite boltings were the worst thing ever. And though the marriage/children are a cool mechanic, the implementation is kind of atrocious. And double attacking is a skill? Seriously? Way to completely ruin certain characters if you don't pick up a hidden ring that you have no idea exists at all.
I know it was one dislike but fucking FE4 is overrated as hell. I don't understand why everyone loves it so much. It's held back by so many terrible oldschool design decisions and it's really not that fun to play.
>Binding Blade
A lot of characters for a lot of variety. Also the start of the GBA animations which are great.
Reinforcements that instantly move are just straight up bullshit.
>Blazing Sword
Basically a way better 6 in every way.
The only bad thing I think of is that the hidden chapters are a little archaic sometimes.
>Sacred Stones
Having more enemy types than the standard humans was interesting and added some nice variety. Also it has an incredible layer of polish that's really nice for the GBA
It's a little too easy though.
>PoR
The best game. Good length, good story, good characters, good everything basically.
The worst part is definitely the animations.
>Radiant Dawn
Having three different groups to follow during the story was really interesting and made the story feel appropriately grand.
Support convos were a great addition to the series and removing them was a horrible idea. Also fuck Micaiah's uselss team.
>Awakening
The return of children, this time actually executed well. It's a lot of fun to tinker with the system.
The bad things are it's way too fucking easy and removed a lot of good elements of the game to make it more accessible.
>>
>>332363345
Chris and Robin were alright, but I'd much prefer if it was more like Mark.
>>
File: who is champ.jpg (55 KB, 600x637) Image search: [Google]
who is champ.jpg
55 KB, 600x637
I've played the GBA ones. I liked how simple they are.
Should I jump into the Gamecube then the Wii one or go to Awakening and fates then comeback?
>>
File: 7600037.jpg (53 KB, 962x574) Image search: [Google]
7600037.jpg
53 KB, 962x574
>>332362627
Ephraim and his sexy lance.
I can't help it, I like boys with big spears.
>>
>>332367738
Going to Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn is perfectly fine.
>>
File: fireemblem_wall_1_10241.jpg (293 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
fireemblem_wall_1_10241.jpg
293 KB, 1280x800
>>332367738
if you haven't played the 3ds ones, do the the gamecube and Wii. Radiant Dawn has one of the better weapon triangles. Also you getting an alternate ending kinda of for Radiant Dawn for playing it two and/or three times. I know you get extra characters for Radiant Dawn for beating multiple times, but I don't remember if that is the same for Path of Radiance. Also, save data transfers over from Path of Radiance to Radiant Dawn.
>>
>>332368494
>Also, save data transfers over from Path of Radiance to Radiant Dawn.
How does that work.
I was thinking of just using Dolphin.
>>
>>332367738
If you're able to play Path of Radiance, fucking do it. It's the best one post-SNES. So what if it's easy and the animations suck, it's still a fucking fun game to play with good maps, good mission variety, and a really fucking well written cast and a story that doesn't feel the need to overstretch the imagination with magic and dragons.
>>
>>332352905
Dislike (all): The games are literally entirely based on RNG bullshit. Can't make compelling game mechanics? Make it RNG! Trash series.
>>
>>332368692
it probably just reads your memory card file
>>
>>332368692
I used a memory card from GameCube to wii. I actually liked fire emblem, so I bought it when it came out. No clue if you are emulating it though.
>>
>>332368913
k.
>>
File: 1422071547943.gif (9 KB, 52x94) Image search: [Google]
1422071547943.gif
9 KB, 52x94
>>332368913
>>
File: tgwr.png (342 KB, 600x533) Image search: [Google]
tgwr.png
342 KB, 600x533
>Binding blade
Liked: Interesting characters and class variety
Disliked: Rough around the edges compared to Blazing Sword

>Blazing Sword
Liked: Sizable campaign length and it's approach to level designs
Disliked: It's the textbook definition of what a fire emblem game is. If FE were an ice cream brand, blazing sword would be vanilla.

>Sacred stones
Liked: The organic character designs and the use of fantasy elements of monsters not straying too far from it's roots.
Disliked: The easy to abuse grinding neuters the difficulty factor.

>Path of Radiance
Liked: Varied character depth for most of the cast and story flow.
Disliked: The botched voice acting and bland animations

>Radiant Dawn
Liked: The woven story arcs and how well they meshed between the three 'lords'
Disliked: Too many forgettable characters and silver haired mary sue.

>Awakening
Liked: The use of time travel to bring children characters in the world I felt was inventive.
Disliked: To broaden it's appeal and to level the playing field, IS made the game so accessibly easy that you can sleepwalk through the game
>>
>>332370018
which one would be Pistachio?
>>
>Fates: Birthright
I really liked how balanced everything is, weapons, classes etc.
The "traitor" aspect could of been better.
>>
File: 1458765412743.jpg (741 KB, 1044x1198) Image search: [Google]
1458765412743.jpg
741 KB, 1044x1198
>>
>Mystery of the Emblem
Like: Soundtrack, All of Dark Dragon and Sword of Light was in SNES Version, thats pretty cool
Dislike: Too Many characters
>Sword of Seals
Like: Graphics/Animations, Story was good, Roy was pretty chill, the legendary weapons, The Feeling of true overpoweredness when using Rutger / SoS Roy
Dislike: Chapter 14, Useless characters like Wendy and Sophia
>Fire Emblem 7
Like: Expanded on Elibe, Hector, Sain
Dislike: Lyn's story, Should of used more legendary weapons than Durandal, Armads, Forblaze and Aureola
>Sacred Stones
Like: Ephraim, Joshua, the Soundtrack, Ross,New Classes
Dislike: Grinding makes the game really easy
>Awakening
Like: Children
Dislike: Too easy, Story is shit, community is mostly shit now
>Fates Conquest
Like: Balancing out some of Awakening's shitty features, Better Characters
Dislike: Even more waifufaggotry
>>
>>332352905
>Genealogy
Best story in FE, eugenics without falling into waifubait, great music. The maps are so fucking big and moving non-mounted units is a such a damn pain. It would be so much better if you could pair units together to ferry the slow units.
>Binding Blade
Lilina is a great fucking mage and one of my favorites in FE. Every map is Seize and you end up literally carrying Roy to the objective because he sucks.
>Blazing Sword
Pretty fucking good all-around. Could have been more challenging.
>Sacred Stones
Having an overworld map and being able to grind to level up weaker units is nice. Ephraim is one of the best Lords. Game is way too easy.
>Path of Radiance
Ike is hands down one of the best protags in all of Fire Emblem and the game has a good story. Too bad it's probably the easiest fucking Fire Emblem.
>Radiant Dawn
I loved how challenging it is sometimes, but why the fuck did they butcher the support convos?
>Awakening
I loved how they added so much from previous Fire Emblems, but holy shit the story is terrible and Pair Ups are so broken.
>Birthright
See Sacred Stones, except Pair Up isn't as busted, but the story isn't very good.
>Conquest
The hardest FE I've played and I love it. The map design is great and you get a lot of really likable characters. The story is fucking horrible.
>Revelation
A harder version of Birthright and you get all the characters. Story is still fucking shit.
>>
When is the new translation for FE4 coming out and where can I get it?
>>
>sacred stones
>class trees
>Ephraim not being interesting enough to make me play his route

>rekka no Ken
>no overworld
>Lyn's weapon not being insanely op

>awakening
>pick a god and pray
>removing the Trinity of Magic
>ever

>fates
>Lilith
>it's fucking fates and I can't play as Lilith
>>
File: 23055.jpg (158 KB, 1100x350) Image search: [Google]
23055.jpg
158 KB, 1100x350
>Shadow Dragon
It was my first in the series and its simplicity was a great introduction. All I knew that this was the series with Marth and Roy in it and it was a hell of a ride learning everything. Resetting upon death never occurred to me due to how flat the characters were, and that added so much to the desperation of the experience.
However, that simplicity and flatness is why I can't go back and replay it.

>Binding Blade
I liked the Gaiden chapters, how each one earned me a powerful weapon, and how I really had to work for my happy ending.
I dislike everything about Roy and none of the characters left much of an impact on me.

>Blazing Sword
Unlocking Hector mode was cool for a second playthrough.
Having played FE before, I really did not like Lyn's extended, glorified tutorial on Normal. I feel pretty neutral about this game.

>Sacred Stones
I loved Ephraim's story and the world and the characters and basically everything about it except for the gameplay which is just okay.
It's pretty easy all around, even when you don't grind.

>Path of Radiance
The cast is super comfy and it introduced Shoving, one of my favorite mechanics.
Even with animations off it is so fucking slow.

>Radiant Dawn
My favorite game. Absolutely fantastic gameplay mechanics. I miss elevation advantages in other games. So many different conversations by making units attack specific enemy units. I felt the most attached to Tellius by far. I liked the story too.
The unit availability is a tragedy and the lack of support conversations hurts the new units.

>Awakening
It's dumb fun. Gameplay design is dumb but fun to work with and break. Good presentation.
The map design is fucking atrocious and prevents me from replaying.

>Conquest
The raw gameplay and map design is probably the best in the series. It's beautiful.
A story so bad it's worse than the barebones excuse plots in most FE. This story is so bad it detracts from the rest of the game. God damn.
>>
>>332362627
Ike got me into FE and he's been my favorite ever since. These days, they don't make characters like him these days.

>>332362990
I liked both PoR and RD Ike. I loved seeing him develop much like how I liked seeing Guts develop. But he was also subsequently just badass later on because of his growth, so I guess you have to play through PoR before RD to get that experience.
>>
>>332352905
I like em all except shadow dragon, i played all english released games.
But Ike is objectively the best "lord" for many reasons. Tied with Hector.
>>
>>332354750
rng is so much better in conq then awakening tho. Finally I can predict when I'll dual guard, dual strike, etc. In awakening its a complete crap shoot, and couldn't be incorporated into a sensible strategy.
>>
>Sword of Seals
liked the story and the music but the fan translation was awkward and wasn't consistent with FE7's American release ("Temple of the Seals" instead of "Shrine of Seals," etc.) not really their fault, but it bothered me.

>Blazing Sword
had a very long, almost saga-like feel to its story, music was excellent as well. don't like the whole "play Hector mode to get the full story" stuff. and how a lot of the story was locked out by support conversations, some of which (like one toward the endgame) basically require you to incessantly end turns up to 50+ just to access the conversations. this is really an issue with the entire series though, not just this game.

>Sacred Stones
first FE, got me into the series, the free maps were cool, if ripe for exploitation. music and story are excellent as always. I guess maybe it's too short/too easy.

>Path of Radiance
really enjoy the "odyssey" arc, story felt a little less juvenile ("for children," I guess), base system was *incredible*--cannot overstate that. music wonderful. I guess the mountain maps with the rolling boulders could get annoying.

>Radiant Dawn
unpopular opinion but this one remains one of my favorites. the plot is incredibly engaging, the multiple perspectives were excellent as story devices, and I will never, ever forget that big reveal in Rebirth 4. killing God was pretty fucking cool too. in fact, the entire endgame (which took me about 10 hours) was just the best possible climax I could have asked for. of course the support system is objectively shit, which could have been (but sadly wasn't) remedied by more info conversations. and hard mode's arbitrary restrictions (like being unable to see enemy movement ranges) are bullshit taken to the next level.
>>
>holy war
it was convoluted, sigurd was dumb af

>blazin dad
fun and nice all around

>sorcerers stone
also fun

>PoR
great game, a lil slow

>RD
a bad PoR

>SD
marth is tight

>Awakening
Aversa was tight, game was nice till femarth

>Nohr
big purple boobies sis is tight, pacing is weird
>>
>>332352905

>Sword of Seals

This game is frustrating to say the least. Lot of cool characters (like Rutger) but between the RNG and mass amount of shit units (hello Wendy), it was more of a chore by the end of the game. Also Roy sucked until he got his sword and even then it had 25 uses.

>Blazing Sword

An excellent game for anyone old or new to the FE series. Lyn mode is a great tutorial, but additional playthroughs it's kind of boring. Part 2 is a lot of fun, though the plot was meh. Difficulty was weird. Some were difficult while others Marcus could solo and speaking of overpowered units...

>Sacred Stones

I really don't like this game. I thought it was incredibly boring plot wise. The classes were really cool though, makes for a lot of replayability. The problem is this game is hilariously easy even in "hard" mode. The monsters are cool, but 95% of them are basically the loldiers from FE7. Also they hand you Seth who can quite literally solo the game with minimal help. Also probably one of the worst endgames. Though it had a good postgame with the creature Campaign.

>Path of Radiance

To be honest I don't remember much about this game. Slow at times and animations were meh, but was fun in the end.

>Radiant Dawn

This game has really fun gameplay and I don't know why. Also the animations are great and the plot is fun, though very ridiculous however. Also as someone has said it had an excellent endgame and I had a lot of fun with some of the characters.
>>
>>332372275
That's fine and all. Reworking tag team actions to be specific and no longer RNG is great, but the stuff that still uses RNG seems so strangely weighted compared to other games somehow. Did they get rid of true hit? I can't even go at an enemy with a 90% hit and feel safe.
>>
>>332363690
These fuckers include Gurgurant in the flashback in RD but we never get to use it. Would have loved to see some characters swing that giant blade around.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.