[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has finally settled. What does /v/ think of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 18
File: reeeruu.jpg (51 KB, 550x277) Image search: [Google]
reeeruu.jpg
51 KB, 550x277
Now that the dust has finally settled. What does /v/ think of pic related?
>>
File: 1282018581bze2Qd.jpg (4 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
1282018581bze2Qd.jpg
4 KB, 120x120
>>332191267

>too much download time
>not enough storage space
>the menus are just generally shoddy
>controller that seemed like a gimmick but actually was pretty cool in some games (eats up battery charge like nothing else though)
>what few first-party nintendo games were on the system were fuckin great
>basically no third party support
>commitment to local multiplayer that other consoles just gave up on apparently

I loved it but I'm a nintendo fanboy. people who don't like cartoony design and less gritty edgelord games will probably rate it lower but it's a solid 7.5-8 for me.
>>
>>332191267
>Good games number in the single digits
>Z E R O third party support
>Dated hardware
Bought one and luckily sold it for 50% of what I paid. Not gonna fall for the modern Nintendo meme again
>>
The Wii already hurt my trust in Nintendo. I won't be buying another of their consoles after the Wii U.
>>
Attacked by "muh adult games" idiots. Roughly 90% of the games released are great to perfect and released in a finished, ready state unlike most AAA games. I don't give a fuck about 3 parties since the Wii u is a secondary device to a PC.
>>
>>332191267
It's great, it has a bunch of good games and off-tv play is maximum comfy.
>>
>>332191902
>Good games number in the single digits
There isn't a single current gen console with a good game number in the double digits though.
>>
>>332191267
Worst nintendo console ever
inb4 virtual boy, that thing got taken from the market before anyone bought it
>>
>>332192359
Perhaps not, but on a Nintendo console- THE first-party machine- it should have been much higher. New Super Marios are such utter shit, mainline Mario title when?
>>
Off TV is the comfiest shit ever
>>
>>332191267
Could've been absolutely amazing but Nintendo literally did nothing with the second screen.
>>
>>332191267
it was a mistake.

rip baby.
>>
>>332192182
>Roughly 90% of the games released are great to perfect and released in a finished, ready state unlike most AAA games.
Im-fucking-plying. For every good game on it you can easily name 3 shit ones
>>
>>332192182
>released in a finished, ready state

sure buddy
>>
>>332191267
It's shit. Gamecube was the last good Nintendo console.
>>
>>332191267
Complete trash and a stupid gimmick with weak games. They rushed it and people will still defend this failure
>>
>>332192702
This
>>
>>332191267
ITT mad sonyponies talking shit about nintendo while their cinema-station barely outputs 900p @24fps
>>
File: IMG_20160204_123535.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160204_123535.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
It reminded me of the dreamcast. And that's one of my favorite consoles.

>Majority of the library was GOAT tier, stinkers were easy to ignore or impossible to find
>Had a bunch of features that were too ahead of it's time so it got abandoned
>Kept things all about the video games. None of this multimedia bullshit
>Controller looked overbearing, but turned out to be really easy and intuitive to use

Honestly it's gonna be a tossup in the future for me which one I'll end up remembering more fondly. The Dreamcast or the Wii U. I'll still keep buying games for it though clearly.
>>
>>332193213
At least the PS4 isn't being Old Yeller'd. Or is the WiiU's discontinuation somehow a positive thing in your warped mind?
>>
>>332193213
>implying

The only Sony system I owned was PS2. Wii U was just a disappointment for me.
>>
>only current platform with more than two or three games I want to play, PS4 is slowly catching up
>better library than the Wii, best entry in the series for some Nintendo staples, some indie gems that more than make up for the lack of third party support
>Gamepad is very convenient and more comfortable for my hands than a smaller "traditional" controller
>DLC and updates are nothing excessive, possibly the last console where physical copies of games keep their worth

I have not been this satisfied with a console since the SNES. But I'm a big fan of 2D platformers and JRPGs, so the Wii U caters to me with its overflowing pile of 2D platformers and Xenoblade Chronicles X.
>>
>>332192882
Super Mario Galaxy v Super Mario Sunshine
Skyward Sword v Wind Waker

Sure buddy, Wii had the definitive versions of every franchise it touched (except other m)
>>
It doesn't have a lot of games, but the ones that it does have are very good. It's worth picking up as a secondary console.

I just wish Nintendo had more foresight and decided to hold off on releasing it early and instead make it more on-par with the Xbox One and PS4. They really need to make their next console have better online and have hardware that will give the console more longevity.
>>
>>332192560
I don't know, I think the inventories in Zelda games, the map in Splatoon and map/probe system/fast travel system in Xenoblade X were pretty good uses of the second screen, and in general off-tv play was a pretty good use too.
>>
File: 1384678284315.jpg (42 KB, 154x343) Image search: [Google]
1384678284315.jpg
42 KB, 154x343
>>332193805
>Skyward Sword v Wind Waker
Wind Waker wins that one, hands down.
>>
>>332194042

I strongly agree. I'm glad Nintendo took a more conservative approach to the second screen. I strongly prefer games that use the second screen as a form of convenience rather than gimmicky functions.
>>
>>332193436
>best entry in the series for some Nintendo staples
Which ones? Sunshine and Galaxy were better than 3D World, MKDD was better than MK8, Zelda isn't even out yet, no Metroid, Melee was better than Smash Four, Tropical Freeze isn't as good as the first two DKC games. Overall, the Wii U entries were mediocre.
>>
>>332191773
This is my biggest problem with the Wii U. Download time on it is incredibly slow even compared to the 3DS as well as once you download/update a game, you then have to install the update right after it. Waited 10 minutes downloading an update to smash bros? Here, wait another 8 mins to install the update!

I'm almost convinced the Wii U uses a G-type antenna
>>
>>332194042
Affordable Space Adventures is the most impressive use of the touchscreen on Wii U in my opinion.

What I don't understand is why the second screen is as maligned and underutilized as it is, because it's just like a DS and the two-screen concept has been kicking around since then. It's not that hard to figure it out or play games with it -- just look at the DS library!
>>
>>332192070
What about the Wii hurt your trust in publisher/developer Nintendo?
>>
>>332192560
>Did nothing with the second screen
Except that it simplified everything for menus and it could become a PRIMARY screen if you wanted.
>>
>>332191267
Pokken is shit, yoshis woolly world is tedious, boring, and the levels are uninspired.

It's dead and has been since the Wii. Nintendo will never ever recover in the home console market. Everything worth playing from Nintendo can be emulated for free
>>
>>332192571
The crux of his rating of "good" was that they had all of their content when the game was available for public consumption. No alphas, betas, no multiplayer available only. A couple day 1 patches for stuff testers may have found? Were there any day 1 patches?

Nintendo is great about quality control. They control whether your game goes out based on if it's good and if it's COMPLETE without (too many) bugs or glitches.
>>
i just bought one and im having fun with it
>>
I liked it, though I do have my complaints. I like being able to play the vidya on the gamepad. Really came in handy when I was in Japan and my only alternative was some shit ass TV from the 80s that the apartment had. The new account system is definitely a step up from Wii's, but still needs work. I like the fact that I can do background downloading, albeit it's quite slow. Graphics are honestly nothing to complain about, we've reached a point of diminishing returns and even "real" consoles like Xbone and PS4 don't have anything that can compete with PC. Really, with Nintendo's aesthetics, there's a sort of timeless look to their games anyway. Jaggies aside I think Mario Kart 8 looks very pretty. And Xenoblade, don't even get me started on it. I do think the eshop menu is un-intuitive as fuck though.
>>
>>332194234
I can only agree with you on Super Mario Galaxy/SMG2.

NSMBU actually redeemed that series with quality level design and gameplay, especially with the NSLU addition. I enjoyed MK8 exponentially more than any other game in the series; it's the first Mario Kart I could consider a "proper" racing game. SSB4 has the best character roster, the best stages, and the best "feel" to gameplay, even if it lacks worthwhile singleplayer content (I'm a "casual" SSB player, I think the community drama is an embarrassment). Yoshi's Woolly World is better than its predecessors, which are rather overrated IMO. Star Fox Zero also looks excellent, though we'll see next month.

I haven't played any of the new DK games, and I do miss Metroid, but the VC releases sure are convenient.
>>
It's the worst Nintendo console desu.
>>
File: 249cfe03.jpg (49 KB, 400x318) Image search: [Google]
249cfe03.jpg
49 KB, 400x318
>>332191267
How did they do it? How did they squander all of their money and millions of fans?
>>
>>332196168

Tropical Freeze is honestly the best Donkey Kong Country game since DKC2.
>>
File: 1459064046152.jpg (54 KB, 432x761) Image search: [Google]
1459064046152.jpg
54 KB, 432x761
>>332193323
> thinks wii u has GOATs
> owns watch dogs

This explains everything
>>
>>332196412
They absolutely refuse to change with the times and ignore most of their popular franchises.
>>
File: 1387073787345.png (67 KB, 331x304) Image search: [Google]
1387073787345.png
67 KB, 331x304
>>332196682
I got Watch Dogs for free with my PS4
>>
>>332196697
Good thing I jumped onto the ps3 ship after the ps3. I would have hated to be a WiiU owner. Not because it's bad, but because of the way Nintendo shit all over the WiiU fanbase. You can say what you want about sony, but at least the vita is still being made, hell it just got a price drop and a new bundle with a 16gig memory card.

Still, how do you fail to sell more units than the fucking vita?

Last year in japan, the PSP got more games than the WiiU. THE FUCKING PSP, not the vita, THE FUCKING PSP.
>>
File: 1458762746624.jpg (114 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1458762746624.jpg
114 KB, 500x667
>>332191267
Waste of money ôn my part.
I don't think I got anything out of it, even Bayonetta 2 was 'okay'.

I dunno, it has so many annoyances as a console, its just plainly poorly designed. The library is just small and disappointing, and I'm kind of upset it only really got maybe 2 years of support.

All it did was teach me to never buy a Nintendo console early, or not at all. They are the highest risk investment in the gaming world imo because they have no fucking idea what their doing.
>>
File: 1440153969977.gif (2 MB, 400x288) Image search: [Google]
1440153969977.gif
2 MB, 400x288
>>332196697
>They absolutely refuse to change with the times
And...other major publishers do?
Or are you implying you want mobile games from Nintendo for your Macintosh iPad or Android Phone?

What's the change they're "refusing?"

And they definitely do not "ignore most of their popular franchises." They aren't iterating on a very, very small number of fan favorites. You'll have to go back more than 20 years to find a handful of "popular" Nintendo games that have been ignored.
>>
>>332192182
>secondary device
>riding PC
>>
File: 1459029663264.png (194 KB, 350x316) Image search: [Google]
1459029663264.png
194 KB, 350x316
Ive owned a wii u for almost two years now

I owned monster Hunter 3 and super smash bros but sold em because I got bored of them. Currently own xenoblade chronicles x and art academy

I don't know why I bought this system, I'm just autistic
>>
>>332191267
Dust settled on day one and has been collecting ever since.
>>
>>332197419
>autistic

You bought it out of love and nostalgia for a company. One of the worst reasons to buy any product. but at the end of the day It's just human.
>>
>>332197176
>They are the highest risk investment in the gaming world imo because they have no fucking idea what their doing.
>Nintendo
Okay.
>>
File: PokkenTournamentBoxart.png (141 KB, 250x301) Image search: [Google]
PokkenTournamentBoxart.png
141 KB, 250x301
I'm not regretting my purchase now.
>>
>>332197176
Let me elaborate a bit.

Does anyone else think the Wii U has done worst for Nintendo's sensibilities?
This generation alone, they have signed mobile game contracts, released tons of first party shovelware, wasted millions advertising Splatoon instead of making games, and have been pushing McDonalds toys at everyone, every chance they get. Promo emails, wii u ads, directs, so much time dedicated to those shit toys.

Let's not forget they adopted the season pass, and have been making a fuck ton of DLC, and even splitting games like Fire Emblem. They are becoming super anti-consumer.

What if they have paid online next?
>>
>>332197419
>>332197562
What's with retards buying like 2 games for a console then complaining about it?

You'd have to be retarded to get any platform without having ay least 5 games that interest you, otherwise you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Even then, why ignore the rest of the library? How do you expect to find great games id you don't play any of them? I don't care if you're just poor and need to pirate just get yourself some games jesus christ.
>>
File: 1435268565037.jpg (34 KB, 505x479) Image search: [Google]
1435268565037.jpg
34 KB, 505x479
>>332191773
>shits on the Wii U
>7.5-8/10
>>
>>332197885
The Wii U has really shitty pickings to begin with. You have to buy it for 1-3 games because its like choosing from a minefield.
>>
>>332197778
But for how long?
>>
>>332197831
>What if they have paid online next?
Then they would be up to date with the current market.
That's what you guys wanted, isn't it?
>>
>>332197831
They also released Splatoon unfinished.
>>
>>332198005
Either Nintendo games really aren't for you or you're extremely picky about games you haven't even tried.

Either way, you're a faggot.
>>
>>332197270
All Nintendo is currently making for the Wii U is Mario and Mario themed games. Most of their franchises are going ignored on Wii U.

They are, poorly, appealing to nostalgia, and still trying to hit on with kids despite the young audience largely going with mobile gaming nowadays. Not to mention the stupid way they handle youtube totally eliminating the best place to advertise.
>>
>>332198174
Im sure insulting people is the best way to hold your composure and for people to tell you're not a rabid fanboy clutching onto a dying company
>>
>>332197885
First party nintendo games don't appeal to me. I was hoping for some square enix or other third party Japanese companies to make RPGS for it. They all decided the 3ds was a better system...
>>
>>332191267
>People buy Nintendo consoles in hopes of playing 3rd party games

Seriously? This is still a thing? I thought it was pretty much understood since the N64 era that Nintendo consoles are pretty much solely supported by 1st party software.

You don't buy a Nintendo console for AAA 3rd party games. That's what you buy a PC/Xbone/PS4 for. You buy Nintendo consoles for the 1st party games you can't get anywhere else.

I bought a Wii U 3 years ago and don't regret it one bit. I knew what I was getting myself into. I knew I'd only be getting Mario 3D World, Smash, Starfox, Zelda (albeit HD remakes...), Mario Kart, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, and Xenoblade. I didn't buy a Wii U hoping to get anything else. I wasn't expecting some huge AAA game from a 3rd party (aside from Monster Hunter). I knew what I was getting myself into when I paid for the console.

All these people saying they regret their purchase have to be either really young, or really naive.
>>
>>332197176
I bought a Wii on launch day, ended up feeling like this about it, and got turned off from Nintendo so hard I didn't even have the Wii U on my radar for the first year.

I ended up buying one for SM3DW, MK8, and SSB4, and it's legitimately the best console I've ever had. I'm still not buying the NX or whatever until it has some games to play, but the next Xenoblade will be enough to justify the console by itself.

I think the Wii U has been a compelling return to form for Nintendo, but I can understand being skeptical if its library didn't tick enough boxes for you.
>>
I'm pretty disappointed with the Wii U, but I'm also pretty disappointed with all the consoles and gaming in general right now.

Actual good AAA games are so rare now but you can usually count on Nintendo to release some solid first games. I think the Wii U is the best console of this generation but honestly none of them are very good. Gaming is just not in a good place right now.
>>
>>332191267

If starfox zero and Zelda end up being amazing, it's gonna be gamecube tier for me.
>>
The Wii U was bad.
>>
>>332198519
What is killer 7, viewtiful joe, trauma team, pandoras tower, boy and his blob, and the countless third party titles between Nintendo consoles.

Most people dont want the same old shit, the rehash sequels to the games that have been repeated 6 or 7 times now. It gets stale.
>>
File: 1447051068019.png (1 MB, 1470x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447051068019.png
1 MB, 1470x1080
>>332197831
Your elaboration reveals you dislike practices being done by other companies and fear that Nintendo, having done some of those practices, may do more of those practices. A very confusing, perhaps hypocritical stance to take when claiming they, "are the highest risk investment in the gaming world imo because they have no fucking idea what their doing."

Also, in 2016, their marketing strategy has evolved to include other venues to, well, market. Before, they had magazines, tvs, game stores, toys and of course their own games. That they've expanded to internet, phones, emails and gameshows is not "doing worst for Nintendo's sensibilities" at all. Hell, you even mention the Nintendo Direct like it's a BAD thing! It's far better than waiting once a year for E3 for who knows what. Directs occur much more frequently and give information about Nintendo and it's current and future projects on a much more frequent and regular basis. In a video format you can either watch live or just scrub through if you want. There is no way that's doing "worse for Nintendo's sensibilities."

It seems you're upset that Nintendo recognized the profit potential of Amiibos and that they lock additional content behind them. A fair point to have when all games used to have 100% of their content available at launch. But it's not like they (or every other company) hasn't had auxiliary content in the past as well. It's just marketed better (and easier) now. You also feel...betrayed? perhaps, that Nintendo has created content for devices or locations other than its primary console. That's both naive and childish on your part, though.
>>
>>332191773
this, some games on here are easy top 25 of all time for me. overall it was really fucking rough though.
>>
File: 1438566488418.jpg (12 KB, 246x285) Image search: [Google]
1438566488418.jpg
12 KB, 246x285
>>332192490
wait what? That doesn't make sense. If Nintendo is the only one developing their own games like you imply, of course there is going to be be less.

Also there was only ONE NSMB game for the Wii U and it was the best one inb4 "w-well that isn't saying much. Also 3D World was a thing A GREAT thing and I prefer it over what you consider a "mainline" Mario title . Either way, we have enough Mario games.
>>
>>332198692
Basically 4 expected sequels, with better iterations on the Wii, make it a return to form, despite having less of everything else?

The fact that you place any value in Xenoblade X is telling of your poor choices.
>>
>>332198281
My points still stand

>>332198310
Never buy a console before it has the releases you want, that's what made my friend so salty about his PS3 for several years. he's still mad about TLG, until recently at least
>>
>>332198834
I'm not saying good 3rd party games on Nintendo consoles don't exist (I did mention Bayonette 2 and MonHun). I'm just saying, you don't buy Nintendo consoles expecting TONS of 3rd party support. You buy Nintendo for the first party products.

And people keep shitting on Nintendo for releasing the same franchises over and over again acting like this is a new thing. Thing is, Nintendo has been releasing and relying on their decades old franchises since the NES. Why is this all of a sudden a surprise to people?

I mean...at least we've gotten Splatoon and Xenoblade as relatively new franchises. But you can't tell me you're really shocked Nintendo keeps milking the shit Zelda, Mario, Smash, Starfox, and Pokemon franchises. That's been their shtick since the SNES/N64.
>>
>>332198947
Hello cognitive dissonance.
Yes they are adapting to market, but they are not being smart about it. They are being anti-consumer. Thats one of the merits they had left in the slew of IP rehashes and dwindling support.

So now its all the negatives, games you've seen before with small new ideas implemented, a meager software lineup, and toys being shoved in your face, which will gradually lock more and more content.
>>
>>332198692
>I think the Wii U has been a compelling return to form for Nintendo

I thought I was the only one who felt the same way. People here swear up and down that the Wii U is more casual than the Wii.

Either way, this thread should be taken with grain of salt. You're always gonna have those who bought the Wii U knowing what they actually wanted (top quality first party nintendo games) and then you have retards who bought it knowing that they don't like nintendo games. I don't get how you make a mistake like that, especially now.
>>
>>332199367
Who are you to say what people should buy a console for?
People already know it will get the same round of games everytime. When has this ever been new? To expect it, doesnt mean you want it.
>>
File: 1458954909094.jpg (76 KB, 500x464) Image search: [Google]
1458954909094.jpg
76 KB, 500x464
Currently looking to trade mine for a new ps4
>>
>>332198265
Which franchises do you want to see?

I don't really have any strong feelings one way or the other over the YouTube copyright controversy.

>>332199148
>Basically 4 expected sequels, with better iterations on the Wii
How the fuck can someone feel this way?

>>332199653
Yes, but you still never, ever, buy a console before it has like 5 games you want minimum, else you're setting yourself up for maximum disappointment. This applies to any platform. Especially don't buy on launch.
>>
File: 1420247326347.png (113 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1420247326347.png
113 KB, 500x375
>>332199653
>To expect it, doesnt mean you want it.
Exactly. If you know it's going to be the same old shit, and you don't want it, then there's a very simple solution; don't buy it. It's not like Nintendo is the only company who makes games. Hate Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, Starfox, Smash, and Pikmin rehashes? No problem! Get a PC/PS4/Xbone and game on that.

Problem solved! Now you don't have to bitch about wasting money on a Wii U since you avoided the rehashes you were expecting.
>>
I like the games but the gamepad is shit, I only use it when I have to and the battery life enrages me. Also, releasing a fucking console when they did with 32GB of storage is criminal, you couldn't even give us a 100+GB HD or something in there?
>>
>>332199465
You seem to feel Nintendo only markets now as things are "shoved in your face" and that they don't make new IPs and that iterations of fan-favorites are only marginally better and that sucks and you hate it.

But that's like saying you have Kleenex tissue brand for marketing in your face all the time and you sick and tired of them only marginally improving their tissues each year and ooh this one has Vick's in it...when all you do is spend your time browsing Kleenex sites or the Kleenex aisle.

Nintendo has A LOT to offer. In order for people to know about all of it, they need to market it when they get the chance. It should come as no surprise they tell you about Nintendo products at a Nintendo conference/event/Direct/email/show.

I think the only real legitimate (or at least understandably legitimate) complaint is that they lock content behind Amiibos. For some games. Things like costumes. Or bland trials dungeons. Or a new AI. If it's not worth it, don't buy it. Almost without exception (at least none I can think of) will an Amiibo's content alter the game beyond a change in clothes or a new difficulty. Nintendo is definitely not "all the negatives" of gaming.
>>
>>332199148
>Basically 4 expected sequels, with better iterations on the Wii, make it a return to form, despite having less of everything else?
Nah, SM3DW and SSB4 honestly weren't as good as I had hoped, though MK8 exceeded expectations. The convenience of the Gamepad, the eShop (though it leaves room for improvement), and all the other games I bought since then are what made it such a great console.

>The fact that you place any value in Xenoblade X is telling of your poor choices.
It's the best RPG since the 1990s. I adore it, warts and all.
>>
>>332199909
>Which franchises do you want to see?
Not that guy, but I'd love for Nintendo to work with Sega and make another F-Zero game. I'd also like more Metroid games in the style of Prime.

That's really about it, though.
>>
>>332191267
It has a decent amount of good and original games that I wouldn't have wanted to miss.
It will probably be regarded higher than PS4/Xbone among video game enthusiasts in the future
>>
Still waiting for the crack.
>>
>>332191267
As somebody who plays handhelds 90% of the time, the wii u was an all right console. There's only 1 more game I'm probably gonna get for it, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and while my Wii U library is smaller than I would have wanted, it had solid games.

Unless some really, really good stuff comes out on NX I don't think I'll get it.
>>
>>332191267
Hey guys you like great games? Yes? But do you also like speding 300 bucks for a machine that is worthless in every single way and has no practical value whatsoever, where you have to pay to change the fucking wallpaper? No? Well fuck you then is either both or none.
I fucking can't wait for CEMU to be done.
>>
Always enjoyed mine since buying it when MK8 came out.

Bought the NSMBU/NSLU bundled Wii U, MK8, Pikmin 3 (free with the promotion), RE:R, and ZombiU day one. Picked up other games shortly after. Local multiplayer and fun games are definite advantages over the competition, where most games require two systems and two +/live accounts to even play 2 player.
>>
>>332200093
It would have cost more.
I'm sure they expected physical sales of their big releases and the internal space was more from Virtual Console releases (much less space). It makes sense. A cheaper console with the right amount of space.

You can store games on thumbridves, you know? Cheaper than a bigger HDD for your Wii U.
>>
>>332200274
>I'd love for Nintendo to work with Sega
Assuming you mean with the devs that made sonic racing transformed. If so then fuck yes I'd be down for that.

I'm personally not a Metroid fan but I can understand how thirsty its fans must be for a good sequel by now.

>>332200450
Pretty sure people already cracked it a while ago, I'm holding off until the NX drops though for fear of missing out on online games.

>>332200516
>But do you also like speding 300 bucks for a machine that is worthless in every single way and has no practical value whatsoever, where you have to pay to change the fucking wallpaper?
What the fuck are you talking about? Nowhere is the Wii U that expensive, refurb models are as much as half that too. There's no wallpapers at all for Wii U either.

Good job making it blatantly obvious that you don't have the console
>>
I won't be buying another Nintendo console any time soon lets just say that. I enjoyed the handful of good games it had but this system had everything going wrong for it. No third party support, gimmick shit that devs didn't care about once again, awful and archaic account system and online services, shit storage space, slow d/l speeds, awful UI management in general(there is no fucking excuse for this one since it came out after ps3/360. It just fucking amazes me they couldn't do better on this front).
>>
>>332200829
>Assuming you mean with the devs that made sonic racing transformed. If so then fuck yes I'd be down for that.
Well I meant if Nintendo worked with the Sega team that put out GX/AX... But yea, the team that made SRT would work well too since that game was pretty kick ass.
>>
>>332200516
This doesn't make any sense, go away.
>>
File: 1392152801756.jpg (73 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1392152801756.jpg
73 KB, 500x333
It was the first Nintendo home console I've owned since the N64. Decent number of exclusives I've really enjoyed like SMB 3D World, Mario Maker, Bayonetta and Splatoon (this in particular is one of my favourite games of recent years). I've enjoyed delving into old Wii and other old Nintendo games too.

Also got the console for £180 and it was the Windwaker bundle plus four (admittedly kinda shite) games. I still mostly play on my PC but the Wii U has been a good console to me.
>>
>>332200829
I own a 3DS which I switched on again for the first time in a year recently and found a menu top rigth wehere you can buy wallapers, and I heard it was the same on WII U- So that might wrong.
Well here in EU it is 299, I don't know bout murricans:
https://www.gamestock.ch/kaufen/hardware-wii-u/nintendo-wii-u-konsole-basic-pack-8-gb-wei%C3%9F-inkl-sensorleiste-28545?gclid=Cj0KEQjwid63BRCswIGqyOubtrUBEiQAvTol0Ytxh7xlmyKzH-kQQ59sJ6wNvDt9a8_zeY77goL6MvEaArzT8P8HAQ

Yeah, I don't have because I think its unnecessary clutter
>>
>>332200734
>mk8 and zombiu day one
Poser faggot delete your post
>>
>>332201059
Pc has value because its flexible and as powerful as you want it to be.
PS4 and XBOX have value becuae they are a (relativly) cheap way to play games easily and comfortably.
Most people owning a WII U have either a PS4 Xbox or PC aswell and would play Nintendo games on that if it was available.
Therefore WII U has no practical Vlaue
>>
>>332191267
I love it. Still though, implying the dust has settled at all. It will still take a few years for the dust to settle. I am thinking 3, but depending on things it might happen with just a couple.
>>
>>332201406
>Nintendo isn't a PC
>I'm butthurt I can't play Nintendo games
okay
>>
>>332201113
It's got to be cheaper than 300 euro somewhere, that's ridiculous. It was just £130 for the basic model with NSMBU included for me, though I am a bit of a dealhunter. Also great job judging a console you've blantantly never used because it's "clutter" (it's pretty small anyway).

>>332201110
I'm so jelly I missed out on the Argos clearance for that WWHD deluxe bundle.
>>
>>332201396
I meant on that day.
>>
>>332201549
I beg to differ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQTaFJ7qc_o
>>
>>332201609
Felt super lucky I copped that bundle for that price considering I just happened to be casually thinking about getting a Wii U when I saw that deal.

I've ended up buying quite a few Wii U things from Argos. Just ordered a pro controller and got Bayonetta 1 and 2 for about £30 when that bundle was £40/50 everywhere else.
>>
>>332201935
Oh cool I can't wait to play online and share courses in mario maker with the thriving emulator community!

I'll still use this for singleplayer when it's running smoothly
>>
>>332202141
I managed to snag that £30 bayo deal, too. thegamecollection is also a godsend for cheap wii u games
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.