[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/ I've never played a final Fantasy game and I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: FinalFantasy.png (424 KB, 1080x456) Image search: [Google]
FinalFantasy.png
424 KB, 1080x456
Hey /v/ I've never played a final Fantasy game and I was wondering what games of the series I should start with, which ones I should avoid and so on or is it just too late to start now?
>>
Play 4 through 9.
>>
Dawn of Souls I & II remakes are good
>>
Just play FFX. Honestly it's pretty good at introducing you to the series in the way that it doesn't shit all over you 10 minutes in if you have no idea what you're doing. It's by far the "easiest" ff game.

The game holds your hand in a good way. Don't jump into the older ones until you've played through 10 and you've got the feeling for turn based combat cause for newbies they can be a bit daunting. Especially earlier ones because unless you're giving the game your undivided attention, finding the location you're supposed to go to can be a little shit.

Of course, you could start with tactics or something like that, get a gba/ps1/psp emu on your phone and play ffta/ffta2/fftwotl. Good shit if you're stuck on a train to work in the mornings and i feel like they're far better suited to a mobile device than the ones you get from the app store.
>>
>>332735204
>FFX

what the-

Oh, today is april fools right
>>
Play 4, 7, and 9 if you want to get a pretty well rounded understanding of what kinda things to expect from the series.
>>
>>332734474
I forgot to say that I only get a pc.
>>
>>332734474
FF games follow one of three camps:

The "fun" games that let you mess around with your classes/abilities:
FF1, FF3, FF5, FFT

The "story" games that have almost no focus on a class/ability system:
FF2, FF4, FF6, FF7, FF8, FF9, FFX, FF12

In all honesty, FF stories are (mostly) a fucking joke and lack any sort of complexity or depth. So especially avoid FF4 and FF6.
FFX has the best characterization/writing of probably any JRPG to date, but the battle system can get a little annoying, and it's probably one of the last games to feature random battles. So it also feels a little dated that way.
lolFF12.
FF3, FF5, and FFT are all amazing.
FF7 and FF9 are worth experiencing, but they're not particularly great.
FF8 has a decent overarching plot, but the characters are fucking retarded, a lot of plot points/plot devices are fucking retarded, and the stat/junction system is fucking retarded.
>>
>>332736080
Pretty much all the games before XIII can be emulated on PC. Although PS2 games might not run flawlessly.
>>
Watch a buch of trailers for everyone and play the one you like the most
They are all unrelated on a general sense
X is a prequel to VII, Dissidia is a prequel to I and there are direct sequels so avoid starting with them
>>
You should start with 6 or 10

6 if you want retro
10 HD if you want newer(ish)
>>
>>332736143
This post HAS to be a joke. This is April Fools, right?
>>
>>332736667
>Dissidia is a prequel to I
People actually care about the plot in that one?
>>
File: moe bait moe problems.png (327 KB, 650x456) Image search: [Google]
moe bait moe problems.png
327 KB, 650x456
>>332736143
>FFX has the best characterization/writing of probably any JRPG to date, but the battle system can get a little annoying
>>
>>332736667
X is a prequel to VII? Based on what? Shinra?
>>
>>332738153
Yes
The devs outright admitted it
>>332737919
The story is actually awesome and dissidia 012 expands on it a lot
>>
File: FFX-2.5.gif (273 KB, 350x174) Image search: [Google]
FFX-2.5.gif
273 KB, 350x174
>>332738616
The devs also did pic related so I don't care anymore.
>>
>>332737978
You're not wrong but I also recommend checking out Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. That in my opinion has the most mind blowing level of attention to localization.
>>
>>332739319
I was disagreeing with that guy actually. And I've never played it, but how does it compared to say Vagrant Story?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.