[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /v/ feel about duelyst?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: duelyst-strategy-screenshot-4.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
duelyst-strategy-screenshot-4.png
1 MB, 1280x720
How does /v/ feel about duelyst?
>>
Good concept ruined by an incompetent balance team
>>
File: 1438782356347.gif (1 MB, 392x400) Image search: [Google]
1438782356347.gif
1 MB, 392x400
>>332490652

I liked it. It's like a version of Hearthstone that is actually interesting to play and has some strategy involved.

Played it when it launched for a couple weeks and haven't touched it since then. I wished there were more cards/monsters to hold my interest, as well as more generals to choose from.

It was very easy to tell when a game was going to go poorly. I eventually ended up just conceding a lot of games on the first or second turn due to bad draws or the opponent getting a start that I knew I wouldn't be able to overcome. I'm sure this had as much to do with my deck-building skills as the game itself.

At the same time, I had a lot of close, fun matches that were won with really cool clutch plays. Fun game. Would play again.
>>
>>332491346

At this point I pretty much just assume that every game is going to have shit balance. Nobody actually seems to know how to balance a game, and the more interesting the game is, the more likely it'll be unbalanced.

So you either play for fun with friends/unranked or you find what works and play that. That's just how games are.
>>
Being able to run 3 of the same legend in a deck killed it for me, I had fun when I was learning the ropes and making fun tactical decks but I eventually hit a point where I was just being outgunned.
>>
I feel like regardless of how good it is it'll never be able to compete
>>
>>332491603
The least they could do is address clearly broken cards in something resembling a timely fasion. Jaxi reigned for 2 fucking months despite him being clearly a problem after day fucking 2.
>>
>>332490652
I don't like the sprites

they all feel like they had a bloom setting turned up to 12
>>
>>332493612
The bloom setting is obscene but you can just switch it off and everything looks bearable
>>
>>332490652
10/10 design style

0/10 cash shop system, pretty much P2W

All cards should be free, game should find a different way to monetize.
>>
>>332490652
The fucking spritework is god-tier, but I think I'd rather just have a Fire Emblem clone.
>>
>>332490652
It's kinda fun, but unbalanced as shit and very much PTW
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.