[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/v/ shit on the EA for the ruining series >ME2 was better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: MassEffect2_cover.png (201 KB, 256x370) Image search: [Google]
MassEffect2_cover.png
201 KB, 256x370
>/v/ shit on the EA for the ruining series
>ME2 was better in every possible way compared to the ME
Explain this!
>>
>>332436247
ME2 was the best ME game until ME3 happened. Now the best game is the first one again.

Basically ME2 got rid of all the shit people hated like horrible inventory management, driving the Mako around a square mile of fucking nothing, the awful cover system, and so on, but it also lost the strong central narrative. Then ME3 happened which perfected the series from a gameplay perspective, but had the worst story of the three.

Now ME has the best story and ME3 has the best gameplay, and ME2 is the awkward child between the two that excels at nothing, except possibly the main cast.
>>
ME3 had shit story but amazing gameplay so /v/ started focusing on story so they could bitch at it.
>>
>>332438496
Well, since ME is an RPG licence, plot is important. Not more than gameplay of course, but it's still important.
>>
>>332436247
>choose a video game series
>make a thread about it on /v/
>everything new is shit
>everything old is amazing
>>
Usually when /v/ tells you a game is bad, it's usually fucking awesome.
>>
>>332436247
>ME2 was better in every possible way compared to the ME

What kind of a faggot actually thinks this?

Halofags?
>>
>>332439582

apparently considering all the people ITT care more about the shootan than the rpg elements
>>
>>332436247
It was worse in literally every single aspect.
Especially the most important parts of a RPG like characters, world building, story and interaction with NPCs.
It felt like a fanfic shitfest made by faggots who enjoy cover shooters of the worst kind.
Didn't even felt like pirating the third game after it.
>>
File: 1423478048784.gif (1 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1423478048784.gif
1 MB, 200x200
>>332436247
No, wrong.
>>
>Completely irrelevant plot
>Removes planet exploration
>Removes the inventory system instead of improving it
>Casualizes the gameplay for the Gears of War audience
>>
>you have to work for Cerberus because the alliance won't trust you because you work for Cerberus
>when your old allies berate you for working for Cerberus you can't argue back coherently
>You can't ask The Illusive Man about the patently evil shit they've been doing when he tries to argue that they're not that bad
>Chakwas and Joker can defect from the alliance and be back to their old jobs in ME3 no probs
>>
>>332441837
Having lone survivor background made it even worse
>>
>>332440363
>>332441837

lmao these posts are why 2 was my last ME game and I didn't even bother finishing it - everyone I know says 3 is horse shit and I don't doubt them

>people will actually buy the new one

kek
>>
>>332436247
The only thing better were graphics and the character stories of your crew.
Everything else was worse.
>>
>>332436247
Everyone loved ME2 until ME3 came out.

DA2 and ME3 killed bioware.
>>
File: Jetsam.gif (6 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
Jetsam.gif
6 KB, 150x150
>>332436247
"remastered" trilogy when? That's all current gen is good for.
>>
>>332443298
>Everyone loved ME2

You're not everyone. I and many others hated it for butchering any RPG elements 1 had in favor of GoW tier covering shooting.
>>
>>332436535
>perfected the series from a gameplay perspective
It had shit controls. It still had shit bulletsponge enemies and a terrible cover system.

Was it better than 1 and 2? Probably.

Perfected? Get the fuck out.
>>
>>332443298
>Everyone loved ME2
It was waifu circlejerking
It's like saying everyone loves persona 3 or neptunia
>>
ME3
>>
>>332436247
>>332436535
>>332439351
>>332443298
hello neo /v/
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.