[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So guys. How bad is it? I got it for free because a few of my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: elder-scrolls-online.jpg (278 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
elder-scrolls-online.jpg
278 KB, 1920x1080
So guys. How bad is it? I got it for free because a few of my friends recently started playing it and they wanted me to play as well, so I am not really losing anything. Just kinda want to know what I am getting myself into.
>>
>>332432138

absolute boredom
I was excited for this when it was first announced, but as more and more information came in from the beta my hopes plummeted. I played during an open beta weekends to judge for myself, and none of the awful things I had heard could compare to actually experiencing it.

the majority of quests are completed by NPCS and only require you to occasionally press E. I remember the quest that finally broke me. I was supposed to torture some elves for information and then execute them. I got my information, but when I took a swing at them my weapon passed right through

I had to go get a fucking NPC and have HIM execute the prisoner.

get ready to hear the same five voice actors over and over again too. Steve Blum crops up particularly often. Every time I got rid of Steve Blum voiced character, another one was foisted upon me.
>>
>>332432138
Bump for interest
>>
>>332432138
I played as a Dunmer Summoner for Ebonheart so I have no idea how the other classes/factions work out but to keep it short :

A better TES game than Skyrim, as you can actually roleplay and quest are more than "go in cave and skill skeles", the towns are actually big

PVP is probably the best you will find in an MMO

Lore is seriously fucked in some spots
>>
>>332433049
Ehh. Yeah that is pretty shit sounding. But I can maybe overlook it since quests in MMOs are typically pretty shit. What about end game content? How is that?
>>
>>332433642
Is PVP really that good? Like what about compared to GW1? PVP was fucking amazing in that game. I seriously haven't been able to find a game were I enjoyed PVP as much as I did in that.
>>
>>332433834
can't say, I decided not to get the game after that awful experience I had. I hadn't tried PVP either
>>
It one of the least bad MMORPGs out there.
>>
>>332434152
Yeah. I don't blame you. Not gonna lie I kind of expected a little more out of the leveling aspect from this game. So that's kind of disappointing to hear. But oh well.
>>
>>332434152
The game is a completely different thing from beta/launch version. Still, MMOs are shit.
>>
>>332434001
PVP is like if the Mount and Blade Singleplayer was actually Multiplayer, with less politics and more raiding

Pretty much large parties go around capturing castles from each other until one grows enough strength to control the map (Usually Aldmeri fucking shits), and because I was Ebonheart our warbands always got fucking wiped the fuck out because we were outnumbered, having the survivors clinging to any shadows they could find so they aren't found
>>
>>332435039
Ahhh. That sounds alright. So it kinda sounds like an open world pvp type thing? Does owning all of the castles give you some kind of buff? What stops one faction from just always controlling them all?
>>
>>332435404
Owning everything puts your faction on the throne, and the MVP player is made King, in which he just gets a bunch of bonuses

But it's way too easy to lose castles mostly because the population is capped to prevent having 50+ at each one and a small group of 10 guys can easily sneak past the horde and capture one castle on the other side of the map
>>
>>332435696
Ahhh. That actually sounds pretty interesting. Is that pretty much what the whole population of the game does? What about PVE content. Like dungeons or raids or whatever
>>
I guess not too many people played the game here?
>>
Game is fun for what it is attempting to do. Would leave a less sour taste in my mouth if it didn't call itself an Elder Scrolls game.

The beta/launch of the game is vastly different from what it has become now. So that anon's experience from it isn't really relevant anymore.

Anyways, you received the game for free and apparently have friends to play along with, so all in all it could turn out to be a fun distraction.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.