[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: DSCS-Physical-Asia-Vita-600x748.jpg (156 KB, 600x748) Image search: [Google]
DSCS-Physical-Asia-Vita-600x748.jpg
156 KB, 600x748
Is it any good / worth buying? I just want a new persona-esque RPG to play on my autism nights, and I already fell on many memey Vita games to buy it blindfoldedly. SO?
>>
>>332399192
I enjoyed it alot.
I've heard there are 20 chapters, I'm only at 6 and I've already put in 17 hours
>>
File: All those fucking hard resets.jpg (161 KB, 1163x626) Image search: [Google]
All those fucking hard resets.jpg
161 KB, 1163x626
>>332399192
>Persona-esque
You won't find that here. The only reason why people say that is because they are too dumb to Digivolve then de-volve into lower classes for learned abilities.

>>332399327
I've put in 24 hours and I'm still on chapter 4. 12 of those hours were spent grinding out that three star quest area where enemies give 1000 experience.

My advice for new players is to start with Hagurumon then find his evolution chain so you can produce the Digimon with a passive experience gain aura.
>>
Heard you can't really use the digimon you like when playing on hard, is that true?
>>
>>332400180
I play on hard with Digimons I like and I'm fine, the bosses (obnoxious rocker guy/wizardmon) are really really really hard though on that difficulty.
>>
It is good. It's not going to win any literature awards, but the story/characters are nice and will keep you motived to progress through the game. Later events are foreshadowed well earlier in the game so there's no sort of random nonsensical twists out of left field.

Building your team of digimon is fun as there's varying requirements to evolve and all the different branches/paths you can take to let your digimon learn certain moves that it might not normally and the game has lots of ways for the player to control how much they "grind". There are abilities to increase/decrease/eliminate random encounters and there are digimon/items which massively increase the amount of experience you gain.

I would recommend it.
>>
>>332399192
It's not some 10/10 gotyay or anything but it's an enjoyable game
>>
>>332399192
Yes, it's good. no, it doesn't have anything to do with Persona.
>>332399327
How is that even possible? I'm on chapter 6 myself, but I putted in just 8 hours.
>>
This along with Stardew Valley has been some of the most recently shilled games on /v/.
>>
>>332401585
I've hardly seen Stardew Valley mentioned here at all
>>
File: implying.png (389 KB, 776x251) Image search: [Google]
implying.png
389 KB, 776x251
>>332402756
>>
>>332400180
Depends on what digimon you like really. Lilithmon is my favorite so I had no issues.
>>
Nice game, i did get a Persona vibe from it.

Good all in all, but the translation is fucking horrendous in some places. They either did google translate or had autists localising this.
>>
>tfw most of my trophy screenshots have PlatShitmons in them

Feels bad man.

>>332405242
It's weird, a lot of care went into the translation for Jimiken but for everything else it was pretty crap. The field guide entries that were straight lifted out of Digimon World 1 take the cake though.
>>
>>332399192
Its alright but its a very 'on the rails' rpg

Theres also a funky translation and can be a little grindy.
I have no idea where you heard it being called 'persona-esque', its more of a 'monster taming rpg-esque' if we're making up words here
>>
>>332406493
The actual character dialog is fine I think besides some typos, but some of the digiline messages are seriously fucked up. Like the first message is fine, but then the reply makes absolutely no sense as a reply and is completely unrelated, like someone just randomly paired the messages and replies together rather than matching them properly.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.