[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the /v/erdict?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: dyinglight.jpg (164 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dyinglight.jpg
164 KB, 1280x720
What's the /v/erdict?
>>
It was a solid 7 out of 10 turned 8 out of 10 with dlc. It came out at a bad time and didn't sell well because of it. I didn't like Dead Island but adding parcour really changed the experience. The voice acting is solid and the combat feels like whatever weapon you are holding.

The only downside to thegame is how clunky it can be at times and how touchy the parcour can be. Fighting humans is also flawed af but let's be glad there isn't too much of that. The guns can also feel out of place but the situations they are useful in make them welcome.

All in all it was a good game. Bought it on sale so I was expecting nothing and got a surprise.
>>
>>332259317

I know what you mean about fighting the humans. Fighting any of the enemies that aren't the slow biters or thugs can be a complete mixed bag. I'm in Old Town and the fast fuckers (virals?) are noticeably more intense and meeting more than one is grounds for me getting fucked in the ass. Once you get guns killing the humans is piss easy.

I've been playing for 16 hours, and just finished a few quests in old town. Kind of just want to finish the game now. What's the DLC like?
>>
>>332259882
The following makes you completely do a 180 on gameplay instead of fighting close combat from building to building its running away and picking off targets from far away

also the buggy is fun to drive around
>>
One of the best games in years. It's held back by some things (skill tree and arbitrary rpg numbers and such)
The combat is decent for fighting zombies and the video gamey enemies.
The parkour flourishes in the open world and the open world's benefits from it.
The main story isn't the best, but the side quests are interesting little adventures within the city.

This is for the base game alone though since I haven't played The Following expansion.
>>
5/10, totally average.
>>
How many hours in does the game get fun?
>>
>>332262325
The moment you leave the tower for the first time.
>>
>>332262394
Oh okay just about there. I should quit playing it drunk because I cant remember if im having fun or not
>>
>>332258060

Blurry.
>>
>>332262325
It got fun the moment I found out you can turn broken weapons into metal parts. I was scrambing for weapons for the longest time until I found out you can do that.
>>
>>332258060
dead island but with parkour
>>
>>332259317
>and didn't sell well
It sold 6 million half a year after launch.
I'm guessing it's close to 8 now that it's been re-released with the DLC as a GOTY edition.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.