[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a reason to own this other than Xenoblade, Mario Maker,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: hero-1.jpg (47 KB, 652x370) Image search: [Google]
hero-1.jpg
47 KB, 652x370
Is there a reason to own this other than Xenoblade, Mario Maker, and Zelda ports?

Is there a single noteworthy game coming out?
>>
>>332111105
Depends entirely on what games you're into.
>>
You are forgetting:

>Bayonetta 1 + 2
>Xenoblade X
>Fatal Frame 5 if you don't mind the fanservice costumes getting replaced with Nintendo costumes
>Tokyo Mirage Sessions # FE if you don't mind some minor censorship on some costumes
>Mario Kart 8
>Smash 4
>Hyrule Warriors
>Splatoon
>DKC Tropical Freeze
>Pikmin 3
>Mario 3D World
>The Wonderful 101
>Yoshi's Whooly World

And a couple other 3rd party games that weren't as worthy of note.
>>
>>332111105
>other than
Sounds like you don't really want to own this system and I doubt any posts made in here will convince you to get it otherwise.
>>
>>332111602
This and you can hack the vWii, slap on an external drive and play every prior Nintendo console and some handhelds.
>>
>>332111602
How could you forget Pokken?
>>
Smash 4, Splatoon, Pokken, etc.

The Wii U doesn't have these throwaway "AAA" trash games that we've been accustomed to due to gen 7. These are games that can be played for hundreds of hours.
>>
Tropical Freeze, Mario 3D world, Smash, Pikmin 3, mario kart 8, bayonetta.

I also enjoy Yoshi's Wooly world and Pokken.
>>
>The momentum of your running speed does not carry over to the speed of your jump
You know, the one gameplay feature that was standard back in the 80's? yeah, this is missing from smash 4
>It actually has a 10 (ten) frame input assist buffer. Ten fucking frames.
>No light shield
>Perfect shielding does NOT reflect projectiles
>Shield is OP
>No shield stabs
>No L-cancel
Have fun with your character having 5 seconds of aerial landing lag
>No diagonal air dodge that you can not spam a million times
>Because it doesn't have Diagonal Air Dodging, it's also lacking:
>Wavedashing
>Wavelanding
>Ledge dashes
>Wavedash out of shield into Anything
From the top of my head. Now, let's continue what else is missing from the game.
>Jump canceled grabs
>Boost grabs
>No Platfrom cancel
>Nerfed Crouch Canceling so much, it's basically useless
>Shield dropping is useless
>Despite the fact that DI is abysmal in "smash" 4 and doesn't do much, there are still no actual combos
>No Chain grabs
>The ledges are magnetic with a grab range bigger than the fucking blast zones
Add all that with the hundreds of character specific stuff missing, like:
>You can NOT jump out of fox's shine
>No short hop double fair with marth
etc
>No Dash Dancing
And it's just very slow overall. The conclusion being that:
>anybody who prefers smash 4 over Melee, has never made it past the super casual level of Melee.
and or
>Melee is actually older than him
and or
>He can't have more than 50 apm
Or..
>It's just honestly a Really hard game that needs thousands upon thousands of hours practice to get good at. So i can understand why people would prefer smash 4.
But, a higher skill ceiling means more satisfaction and in turn, more fun.
This is the truth and i am sorry.
P.S.
The undisputable fact as of why Melee is better than smash 4. You CAN play melee like you would play smash 4. Just ignore everything listed above. On the other hand, you can NOT play smash 4 like you would play Melee. The game won't let you.
>>
>>332112328
Everything you said is 100% correct. But smash 4 is still a great game in its own right.
They are honestly just very, Very different games.
>>
Its got about 20 great games. But thats it.

No 3rd party, no hidden gems. Very very underwhelming.

But again, the 20 or so good games are worth playing.

Its also great hacked. Full wiiu/Wii/GC library.

Recent/Upcoming games include:

Pokken
Star Fox Zero
Paper Mario
Zelda U
That Atlus FE crossover thing
>>
>>332112328
Melee is a shit game
>>
>>332112819
star fox is going to be a pile of shit
>>
>>332113167
This made me buy a wii u with smash 4.
Thanks.
>>
I'm playing some OG wii on my Wii U and I was curious about getting a aftermarket sensor bar. what you guys think worth it or nah?
>>
>>332112819
>hidden gems
fast racing neo
>>
>>332112819
>no hidden gems
Zombi U
>>
>>332113276

We won't know until its out m8. Like with Paper Mario
>>
>>332115073
What are you asking? If you have no sensor bar then get one. If you have one then why are you asking about another one? They're just IR emitters, you can use two candles and it'll work so it's not like another brand would be better than the one packed in.
>>
>>332112819
>No 3rd party, no hidden gems.
Fast Racing NEO
ZombiU's okay for the price
Lego City Undercover
Heard mixed opinions on Devil's Third, apparently its multiplayer is underrated?

Rayman Legends is a great 3rd party game, as is sonic racing transformed (which is also heavily underrated)
>>
File: 1451291383827.jpg (510 KB, 1280x1549) Image search: [Google]
1451291383827.jpg
510 KB, 1280x1549
>>332111105

I bought a cheap used Wii U just for Mario Maker, Hyrule Warriors, Pushmo World, and Fast Racing Neo. I'm not interested in much else.

Ignore the shills. The 1st party games for Wii U are very lackluster compared to previous Nintendo consoles. Certainly no system sellers unless you're into Smash.
>>
>>332116426
I have the official one. I was seeing if there was an aftermarket sensor bar that people preferred over the original, I guess the original one is what nintendo designed the games with anyways.
>>
>>332116789
>Heard mixed opinions on Devil's Third, apparently its multiplayer is underrated?
It is, but the population is small so most of the time it's 3 or 4 people in a FFA game. When you get a full game or the clan battles going (on the custom made clan maps) it's really good 7/10 gameplay at least. The gun/melee/dodge paper scissors rock is actually really fun.
>>
>>332116142
zombi is like 5 dollars used so i had to get it but it's so hard i never got past the level after the grocery store..
>>
>>332117019
>judging games you didn't get
Okay.
>>
>>332111602

I thought he mentioned Xenoblade already.
>>
>>332117019
mario kart 8 iis littt and it even has black ops 2 with zombies
>>
I bought one specifically for WWHD and TPHD.

Yep, sad situation.
>>
>>332117019

3D World, MK8, Xenoblade X, Smash 4, Tropical Freeze, they're all great. Tropical Freeze and MK8 arguably an improvement on their predecessors.
>>
>>332117304

>you can't possibly play a game without buying it first

You're not very smart.
>>
>>332117121
You know what the sensor bar is, right?
>>
Tropical Freeze
Bayonetta 2
Splatoon
Super Mario 3D World (it's Galaxy without the waggle and gravity gimmicks)

But making any kind of list is a waste of time because everything will just be dismissed with one liner memes
>>
>>332117240
>it's so hard
We talking about the same game or did you not explore for supplies and just try to beat everything with the cricket bat?
>>
The fact of the matter is you don't actually want a Wii U and you might even be shitposting. I don't think the list of games I enjoyed (which, I'm sorry, are in fact Nintendo games) will convince you to buy one. Just saying.
>>
>>332112328
Who cares, it's not a serious fighting game. Smash 4 has tons more features and characters and you get way more playtime out of it
>>
>>332111105
I just fuckin wish I had the money to buy this and a Vita
>>
>>332117847
What have you played, then?

Doubtful you played even most of a game if you don't even own it
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.