[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which video game world is the best, most developed, or most interesting,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: fomap.png (71 KB, 1931x862) Image search: [Google]
fomap.png
71 KB, 1931x862
Which video game world is the best, most developed, or most interesting, and why?
>>
>>332110978
>Ronto
>Lake Erie
>>
I like the world of TES, despite how its games are lacking in certain aspects, and probably will never live up to how people could imagine Tamriel to be from what the in-game books describe. It borrows a lot from eastern mythology (with some deviation) instead of throwing some Tolkein and medieval yurop bits together and calling it a day.
>>
Hard to answer because people have different taste.

The first game that popped up into my mind was the Witcher, because it has 7 books behind it.
I also thought of S.T.A.L.K.E.R because of how unique its setting is. I'm still going through SoC, but it has a very good atmosphere so far. Dark Souls worth a mention because it's told differently compared to other games, and has a surprising amount of depth, considering how little information we get.

For most developed, it's going to be games that have been running for a long time in a series. I have no idea what Final Fantasy is even about , but it has over 15 games(?) so surely that must be a decently developed setting, elder scrolls also springs to mind in this regard.
>>
>>332111516
Too bad besides Morrowind and Shivering Isles it's all shit
>>
>>332112862
>I have no idea what Final Fantasy is even about , but it has over 15 games(?) so surely that must be a decently developed setting

You'd be completely wrong
>>
Mario.

Intentionally surreal and unintentionally deep.
>>
File: fomap.png (76 KB, 1931x862) Image search: [Google]
fomap.png
76 KB, 1931x862
>>332111197
is this better?
>>
>>332114404
...oh.
So uh, tell me what the hell Final Fantasy is supposed to be about.
All i know so far is guys/girls with anime hair, swords and shit, magic etc.
>>
>>332117003
Every Final Fantasy game is a different world, but elements are purposely left similar so people know it's a final Fantasy game. There are sequel games (and movies) like Lightning Returns and X-2 though.

Stuff like airships, certain characters, and tons of enemies and concepts (crystals being one of the biggest) are carried over. There have been different directors for a lot of the games, so they all take their own spin on making their own final Fantasy world.

It being an anime weab thing didn't really start until like 5-7.
>>
>>332117003
Each game is generally set in its own completely distinct universe
But there are always giant chickens
>>
>>332112862

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is awesome becuse it borrows ideas from both a movie of the same name and a book, Roadside Picnic.

I need to read the book, but I've seen the movie, and it's amazing to think it (and the book) was made before the Chernobyl disaster. It's like the book/movie and the Chernobyl exclusion zone setting were made for each other.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.