[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Unforgiving, yet rewarding gameplay >Voice acting that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: demons_soul_conceptart_HQ0Wr.jpg (125 KB, 800x464) Image search: [Google]
demons_soul_conceptart_HQ0Wr.jpg
125 KB, 800x464
>Unforgiving, yet rewarding gameplay
>Voice acting that made you cry
>A beautiful, yet haunting world where people lost all hope and will to go on
>A community consisting of grown ups who played the game for their own entertainment

Nowadays it's just:
>dump, cliche dialogues only 12 year olds care about
>copy&paste bosses, no interconnected worlds
>shitty generic game art
>le prase da sun
>le mlg le look i hardcore videos on youtube
>get gut tryhards
>edgy cunts who watch vaati cos they think it's like some kind of a fuckin' literature or some shit

You all are nothing more than tryhards trying to fit into this cancer community where people are made to belive that not dying in a fuckin VIDEOGAME makes them some sort of a god.

The only reason DaS was cool is because its game mechanics were ripped off from DeS and the lore was so chaotic that the community (before turning into cancer) could fill the empty spots, making the world rich and colorful in background information. From Soft. abandoning the DaS1 world with the later installments clearly shows they have no fuckin idea what the DaS1 community has created. A prequel where we see Seath betraying his brothers, Priscilla forced into exile, Velka leaving the Dark Moon and turning against Gwyn? No, we get some shitty the" light is fading, you're the chosen one blah blah blah...." storyline. DaS 2 sucked balls and so will DaS 3. I'm glad DaS3 is the last, because even this 2 games were a disgrace to what the souls series could have been.

Come at me faggots! Prove me wrong!
>>
I just beat DS and the only hard boss was maneater since you could be hit off the ledges.
>>
>>332075459
hurr-durr you havent died enough times, thus the game sucks

you fit well into the group of poeple I've been talking about
>>
>>332075347
>Unforgiving, yet rewarding gameplay
>A beautiful, yet haunting world where people lost all hope and will to go on
>A community consisting of grown ups who played the game for their own entertainment
All true
>dump, cliche dialogues only 12 year olds care about
>shitty generic game art
>le prase da sun
>le mlg le look i hardcore videos on youtube
>get gut tryhards
>edgy cunts who watch vaati cos they think it's like some kind of a fuckin' literature or some shit
Stop playing Dark Souls and go for Bloodborne.
>>
>>332075347
>dump, cliche dialogues only 12 year olds care about.
I don't know. Siegmeyer from Dark Souls and a bunch of NPCs from Bloodborne had good dialogue that wasn't so cliched.
Demons Souls didn't have interconnected worlds, and the bosses while fun and interesting, weren't that amazing or challenging for the most part.
Bloodborne also fixed this too, it only has one reused boss and even he gets another phase and a whole bunch of new attacks
>shitty generic game art
Subjective at best.
I like the art design in DeS but to me BB is superior in style and quality.
>le memes
>le memes
>le memes
I don't see how this makes the games worse, but:
>edgy cunts who watch vaati...
Souls community has turned to shit since the PC release of Dark Souls, yes. Agreed. Vaati isn't to blame entirely though.
>>
>>332075907
Damn, I'd need a PS4 for that, wouldn't I? Only played with DeS and DaS1 & 2.
>>
>no interconnected worlds

But enough about Demon's Souls.
>>
>>332076315
Haven't played BB unfortunately. It looks cool though and the game art is really unique.

It was supervised by Sony (like DeS), so it's probably not trash.
>>
>>332076482
DeS was connected through the Nexus. DS2 level design (if we can call it like that) screams it's just random pieces stitched together without giving it a second thought. It's one long linear mess that clearly went out of the devs' hands.
>>
>>332077076
>DeS was connected through the Nexus
20 second loading screens, right, brilliant.
I hate DaS2 as much as the next guy but saying DeS' world is connected is fucking absurd.
>>
>>332077353
It was a different approach. DS1 type level design would not have fitted with the story. DS2 however was just bad. Really bad.
>>
>>332077685
Why wouldn't it have fit?
I think it's more that they made what they could in DeS, and in DaS they already had all the underlying mechanics so they could take the time to make a fully connected world as well. DeS was the first of its type, after all, it's only natural that they'd refine parts of it and fuck up other parts in an attempt to refine them.
>>
>>332077685
DS2's level design was originally planned to be like Demon's Souls, but they changed it later in development. There's also hints of other level changes, like how there's hints of something underneath the Forest of Fallen Giants, but the only other fire-themed area in the game is Magma Manor.
>>
File: 1456104796038.jpg (32 KB, 713x645) Image search: [Google]
1456104796038.jpg
32 KB, 713x645
>>332075347
>>
>>332075347
I've never understood this love for Demon's Souls

It's the first iteration of the series and the genre of "Souls" games. Because of this, all the things that would later be improved on were just kinda meh here.

I don't dislike the game. But Boletaria never grabbed me as a setting. Same deal with Bloodborne. It's just gray and dingy and dark. There's very little variety. Demons were never really expanded on. They were just sort of there. The dialogue was the worst acted in the entire series, Bloodborne included. Have you heard Patches' dialogue? He was quite literally reading from the script, pausing at not understanding and all.

The best thing about the Souls games are the variety of the environments and what is put in them. Both Demon's Souls and Bloodborne are samey, drab, grimdark settings with little to no variety. It's pretty damning when Miyazaki himself said he felt restricted by Bloodborne. All three Dark Souls games had very diverse environments, and that seems to be what Miyazaki likes the most about making his games.

OP, your criticism is all about the community. Even your criticism of the mechanics goes back to the community being cancer. All communities and fandoms for anything are shit. More news at 11.

You're just a bitter oldfag who can't be content with Demon's Souls as good as it is, and still want to bitch and complain. Pathetic.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.