[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3>1>2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
3>1>2
>>
>3
Did nothing new to the gameplay. Young Drake section is the best part of the game. Everything else was a reskinned rehash. Overrated writing, people talk about it like it's one of the best written action adventure games ever, not even. And much shorter than the other two
Overall: 8/10

>1
Worse melee combat system ever created on a video game. Corny writing. Does not hold up well today
Overall: 6.5/10

>2
The writing was vastly improved after Drake's fortune, but it wasn't still a great written game, it was just decent. Improved melee combat made it much better. Best art direction in the series. Actually has a final boss fight unlike the other two. One of the best designed level is where you're on the train and you see the environment change as you fight the bad guy and helicopters (you literally go from a jungle to snow area and the transition feels so smooth). Closest thing to an Indiana Jones video game.
Overall: 9.5/10
>>
2>3>1
3 had odd pacing and some scenes seemed like they were only there because MUH SPECTACLE.
Playing through 1 right now. Its actually kinda boring.
>>
>>332071159
That's not Mass Effect
>>
File: uncharted-3-subway.jpg (35 KB, 638x354) Image search: [Google]
uncharted-3-subway.jpg
35 KB, 638x354
>>332071159

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCg64h-JVz0
>>
File: UnchartedJetSkiRiding.jpg (108 KB, 1023x577) Image search: [Google]
UnchartedJetSkiRiding.jpg
108 KB, 1023x577
>>
2>1>3
>>
>>332071159
This is clearly trolling
>>
>>332072891
Eh, I prefer 1's melee combat to 3's.

At least 1's was avoidable and the Square Triangle Square combo that never worked was 100% optional after the tutorial. In 3 melee changed your stance and how you moved which felt super arkward and there was a bunch of forced melee sections. Only redeeming factor was the contextual animations, like hitting a guy with a fish if you stood near the fish-stand.

And the Train Level in 2 was really cool, I may be wrong but I think it was the first train level where you are actually moving through the enviroment and not sitting on a stationary train with a moving background. I know they had to redo the physics engine for that level, because otherwise grenades and bullets would do weird stuff (EG throw a grenade and it would get over taken by the train in mid air).

Every time I play Uncharted 2 I try figure out where the "seams" are in the train level, since you can sit there for forever and just watch the scenery, only way to progress is to move up the carriages.

I think the train just does endless loops around a track (which is longer than what any reasonable person would spend moving up the train) and once you've gone far enough you get new scenery.

But I have no idea how they do it, since as you said it's seamless and you can even look back and see where you came from.
>>
>trying to rate a shitty, cinematic, thirdperson cover-based shooter

Why even bother, they're all mediocre.
>>
Halo
>>
3>2>1 Spoiler:It's a personal opinion

I found 1 too frustrating in general and everything lacked polish. 2 was a huge improvement over 1 and an actual good game but It didn't clicked with me like 3. 3 was full of holy shit intense moments, it's the game I had the most fun playing.
>>
>>332071159
All shit games
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.