[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Dark Souls be a modern day DMC? >1st game is absolutely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: DMCDS.jpg (255 KB, 748x714) Image search: [Google]
DMCDS.jpg
255 KB, 748x714
Will Dark Souls be a modern day DMC?

>1st game is absolutely amazing, loved by fans and critics everywhere
>2nd game tries some new thing be is an overall failure
>3rd game is easily the best and in the series and also the pinnacle of the genre
>>
>>313181210
i hope so would be nice if dark3 isn't ass
just don't count on it
>>
DMC3 isn't better than the first one, though. It expanded Dante's moveset significantly, which is nice, but the enemies, boss battles, and environments are all a step down from DMC.
>>
The issue being that this is the fifth game.

>Demon's Souls (Souls 1) - Dark Souls (Souls 2) - Dark Souls 2 (Souls 3) - Bloodborne (Souls 4) - Dark Souls 3 (Souls 5)

>1st game is absolutely amazing, loved by fans and critics everywhere
>2nd game is incredibly ambitious and mostly succeeds at being a bigger and better follow up to the previous game up despite a few issues.
>3rd game is a step back from the previous in most ways and just overall a failure
>4th game is a different spin on the format that despite lacking variety for replaying is mostly successful at doing something new while maintaining the essential components

then either

>5th game feels stale due to franchise fatigue and lack of innovation thanks to too many releases too quickly, didn't learn from the mistakes of Dark Souls 2.

>5th game successfully combines the best elements of Dark Souls and Bloodborne reinvigorating the franchise and proving that even five games in they still have something to offer.
>>
>>313181506
Bad opinion.
>>
>>313181210
DMC 1 isn't that good and Dark Souls 2 isn't that bad.

And Dark Souls 3 is not out.
>>
>>313183617
Nah he's right. DMC1 had skillful and challenging combat against dangerous enemies. Easily the best of the series.

DMC3&4 took the series in the direction of combo masturbation against punching bags. The challenge is in learning proper execution and not actually fighting.
>>
>>313181506
Vergil is what makes DMC3 better than DMC1.

I still don't know why Kamiya went with Nelo Angelo instead of Vergil's original design.
>>
>>313183706
I hate to admit it,but this anon is correct. I don't like DS2, but it's nowhere near as bad as everyone makes it
>>
>>313181210
I may not like DS2, but it's nowhere near as bad as DMC2. That game is downright awful.
>>
>>313183858
t. someone who has never played on DMD mode
>>
>>313183858
What the fuck? Did you literally not play on Dante Must Die/ Legendary Dark Knight?
>>
>>313181506
This. DMC3's levels get a bit rough later on.
>>
>>313181210
I don't remember DMC having a prequel or a spin off in between the main titles
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.