[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: twilightprincess.png (272 KB, 292x411) Image search: [Google]
twilightprincess.png
272 KB, 292x411
What went wrong?
>>
The fanbase.
>>
File: 1457156349479.jpg (1013 KB, 865x1000) Image search: [Google]
1457156349479.jpg
1013 KB, 865x1000
-The levels were too long and too bland, either big repetitive circles stacked on top of each other (Water Temple) or making you do the most backwards paths and puzzles to get to the most simple area (the Ice Mansion)
-Tons of fucking sliding block or other 'puzzles'. In my opinion sliding block or memory puzzles do not belong in an action game. They don't belong in Resident Evil and they don't belong in Zelda.
-Link swings his sword like a fucking mace instead of slashing and stabbing like a sword is suppose to. And why does it take 5-7 hits to kill things that would have taken 2-4 hits in other games?
-Every fucking NPC talks longer than the Owl in Ocarina of Time.
-Every single area you enter triggers a cutscene.
-There is zero exploration since the game directly tells you where to go. As well as blocking you from going anywhere else by 'Twilight' walls.
-The overworld is so small and pointless, you are given a warp option just to avoid it.
-The music, aside from a handful of songs, is the most bland in the series.
-The wolf segments drag on and Link is even weaker as a Wolf
-Link howling out old OoT songs and talking to his dead ancestor to learn new moves could have been done much better. It just comes off as a really forced homage to Ocarina of Time (just like the overall design of the game).
-Every character is ugly as sin. Who the heck designed this?
-There's little motivation to keep going on aside from wanting to get to the next Midna cutscene.
>>
>>331723351
I don't think sliding blocks are the problem, I think it's that they're uninspired and just 'there because zelda has sliding blcock puzzles.' I'd also have to disagree with you about the difficulty, it's way way too easy. Bosses should take 2-3 hearts, not half or quarter of a heart.

Everything else you said is spot on, except you forgot texture stretching EVERYWHERE. completely unacceptable after Windwaker.

You know what the real problem is? That we're still talking about it. The game is ten years old and we haven't had a real zelda since. Honestly I'd say it almost doesn't qualify. Everything up to and including windwaker was always like 9.5 or 10/10 and then twilight princess shows up and it's like eh, 8.8 at BEST. Kinda phoned it in, huh guys?
>>
>>331724182

Skyward Sword, while not being a good 'Zelda' game, was still better than Twilight Princess. Simply because it reused a lot of the ideas from Twilight, but improved them slightly. Even the horrible soul collecting was made faster and more interesting in Skyward Sword. Though still not great.
>>
Best Ganondorf boss fight(s) in the entire series.
>>
Wolf was piss weak and the dungeons got SHORTER as the game progressed, the fuck?
>>
>>331722635
Pretty much this. Tried too hard to pander to OoT fags.
>>
>>331721265
All the in-between-dungeon shit is boring.
>>
>>331721265
I just started playing this, I got passed death mountain and went to hyrule to find Ilia. My complaints so far is that some character designs look bad, wolf is unnecessary but not awful, dungeons and bosses are pretty easy, music ain't all that great. It seems to be a lot of wasted potential atm when looking at all the cool things like riding epona and fighting enemies. Midna is pretty cool too.
Can't wait to play more.
>>
Years later, I noticed this games storytelling and I guess the game overall is a more emo OoT. I like TP waaaaaaay more than OoT, but I feel like I'm the only one that thinks like this.
>>
Tried way too hard to pander to the brown and bloom 'mature' audience. And was hyped so much, even Reggie and Miyamoto came out at E3 and claimed it was "the best game Nintendo has ever made."

While the hype helped it become one of the best selling Zelda games, the game itself isn't very good. In fact, its pretty much everything you shouldn't do when making a Zelda.
>>
>>331721265
It was too hard. Zelda needs to be easy like WW
>>
>>331721265
it was great, I didn't finish it.

the only thing that stopped me was massive spoilers from an even more immense faggot friend.

The tone, tempo, and mechanics were everything i wanted, the only thing that was missing was. . . challenging puzzles and bosses.

Imp Midna made up for those shortcomings.
>>
>>331723351
>no puzzles in zelda
are you literally retarded
>>
>>331730343

>claiming it says no puzzles
are you literally retarded?
>>
File: twilight princess hd 2.jpg (292 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
twilight princess hd 2.jpg
292 KB, 1920x1080
>>331721265
Nothing. Its my favorite Zelda game.
>>
God awful forced wolf sections. The wolf part didn't even make sense. They didn't even explain it in the story. You just get turned into a wolf because... twilight. It was just a gimmick that wasn't fun and wasn't in any way useful.

>>331724695
This was its saving grace. The Zant fight was pretty cool too.
>>
>>331730873
It is too explained. Normal humans cannot remain human in the Twilight. That's why most humans were spirits. You were turned into a Wolf however because you aren't a normal human. You were chosen by the gods.
>why a wolf specifically
No explanation
>>
It was virtually impossible to die thanks to how easily enemies fell and how little damage they did to you. Luckily, HD fixed the back half of that equation with Hero Mode so while the game's not HARD, it's not easier than Super Princess Peach either.
>>
>>331730980

The light spirits state that the chosen hero would turn into a blue-eyed beast. That "beast" so happens to be a wolf.
>>
>>331730980
why does zelda stay human though?
>>
>>331731697
I thought about that and I can't think of anything. I don't believe its explained. Maybe its because she's protected by Zant after a deal she made with him? She seems to be under his jurisdiction in some manner.
>>
>>331731787
maybe has something to do with her having the triforce piece of Wisdom that keeps her human and link having Courage that makes him turn into wolf? that could be a thing but i don't know if "courage of a wolf" is a thing because i've never heard of anything like that.
>>
It was a decent game but a shit Zelda. If I wanted to be a wolf, I'd play Okami, and that's why I've never replayed it.
>>
>>331721265
They didn't fire Aonuma after Wind Waker.
>>
>>331724474
>Skyward Sword, while not being a good 'Zelda' game
I hate this meme.
>>
File: 2016-03-23 00.16.06.jpg (897 KB, 714x1787) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-23 00.16.06.jpg
897 KB, 714x1787
>>331731942
>doesn't know courage wolf

Know how I know you're underage?
>>
>>331723351
Literally the only problem in the game is the wallet and you couldn't even mention that.
>>
File: 1457026122228.png (107 KB, 973x357) Image search: [Google]
1457026122228.png
107 KB, 973x357
>>331721265
They tried to make a game based on popular demand rather than intrinsic artistry (like WW).
>>
>>331721265
Un game made by a good dungeon designer and a shit team
>>
File: truthbomb.png (431 KB, 611x321) Image search: [Google]
truthbomb.png
431 KB, 611x321
>>331721265
Not enough people played that version, too many played the Wii port instead.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.