[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be best buds with everyone >Rome invades literally everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
>Be best buds with everyone
>Rome invades literally everyone
>They ask me to go to war with Rome
>Take out 4 of Rome's cities
>Take Rome
>Finally asks for peace
>Ok
>Everyone in the game denounces me
>Within 10 turns the other civs eat up Rome's leftover cities
>and declare war on me

CIVBABS?
>>
>>331536996

Let's be honest here, even though I love the way the AI plays as different personalities when it comes diplomacy the game is fucking awful.

>Insane demands and constant requests for money or aid
>everybody flips their shit at the drop of a hat
>denouncing is stupid
>friendships and alliances are pointless
>warmongering penalties are ridiculous
>taking cities can be impossible pre-artillery unless you out unit tech them or hit it with insane amounts of units
>>
>>331537671
gotta aggre on this

>make reasonable trade proposal
>NOPE! we demand at least 3 to 1 resources
>>
>>331537671
Don't know about higher difficulty levels, but at least on Prince they make deals if they have a surplus. Fuck the AI though, constant warfare
>>
>playing a 4X game for diplomacy

It's time to switch over to grand strategy, where the AI actually roleplays instead of trying to win the game.
>>
>>331536996

We know that's you Attila, just fuck off back to the steppes already.
>>
>>331536996
It also sucks when someone does hate you they hate you for the rest of the game no exceptions
>>
>>331536996
Didn't read up on each civ's personality did ya?
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 236x219) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 236x219
>>331538542
EuIv ai keeps blobing. Ruins my autism when Bulgaria east half of Hungary and doesn't respect river boundaries
>>
>>331536996
It was not your place to make peace. You should have taken it all. Made your friends regret turning you into a warmonger.
>>
>>331537671
civ AI is primarily designed around fucking with the player, I think. looking after their own best interests is a distant second priority.
has always frustrated me, I'd gladly play a less difficult game where I had to handicap myself somehow if it meant the AI civs were believable
like >>331538542 says grand strats are better for this, but I still have an itch for country-scale strategy games where diplomacy/long-term planning are more complex
>>
>>331536996
>be me
>Roman empire
>play a huge game, 12 different city states and a fuck ton of random empires
>meet Washington, Alexander, Genghis Khan, Gandhi, Rhamsis

> try to be friends with everybody, peaceful Rome
>30 turns in, Washington declares that my trust in him was misguided
>immediately declares war on me
>I hadn't allocated resources for an army because I didn't think I needed one
>Washington rolls up with musketeers and trebuchets
>fuckme.jpg

>ragequit after Egypt and the Aztecs also declare war on me
> we could have been friends.
>>
>>331538519
I've found at any difficulty you can make easy luxury 4 luxury deals if you both have a surplus but if you want their only one you gotta shell out something awful.

You can still bully them out of cities without casualties at Deity if it's gonna be a clear take and they'd lose a lot of units trying to hold it.

I was at a disadvantage against Ethiopia and their special units in my current game but I managed to take one of their weaker cities and hunkered down long enough to take out a very sizable force of theirs and then they sued for peace and I still bartered two towns off them
>>
File: Julius.jpg (56 KB, 506x316) Image search: [Google]
Julius.jpg
56 KB, 506x316
i pirated a copy ages ago but now it wont launch because the Steam api.dll is "missing"

what do i do?
>>
>Guy offers a horse for silver
>No
>Guy offers a horse for silver next turn
>No
>No
>No
>>
>>331539132
Not sure how it goes in Civ 5, but in 3 and 4 AI will always declare war if your army is shit. You need a good army, doesn't matter if you are a warmonger or not.
>>
>>331537671
>playing shogun 2 with buddy
>I recruit nothing but yari ashigaru, the weakest and cheapest unit that use spears
>amass 34,000 men at one point, literally throw a wave of corpus at cities to take them
>auto resolve has less casualties but Fuck that we play our own battles
>about to siege Kyoto with nearly 40,000 men but the save got corrupted

Fuck, we weren't ready at all but even after nodding out needing to feed my men I still couldn't afford them so I was forced to attack.

This is after losing 15,000 to test the cities defences, Fuck their 3 levels of walls and archers.

Also:
>get home hand mortar
>rape a wall to death and then run my men up it like the zombies from world War Z
Just attack my cities with hand mortars there, I dare you.
>>
>>331539859
>have a weak army
>everyone declares war on you because they can beat you

>have a medium-strength army
>everyone delcares war on you because you have resources and territory they want

>have a strong army
>everyone gangs up and declares war on you collectively because you're too strong
>>
>>331539915
>>331540680
Again, the AI pretty much only exists to fuck you over.

It's unfortunate, most of the other victory conditions seem interesting to pursue, but I always end up just destroying everyone with military, because the AI always starts shit it isn't ready to finish
>>
>>331538749
>EU IV
Why not CK2 or HOI.
INB4 Victoria 2
>>
So /v/
Favorite CUSTOM Civ?
>>
Shogun 2 is supremely guilty of this as well

>be allied with a guy since the start of the game and share the same goal (fall of the samurai Shogun supporters)
>go around beat the shit of traitors
>grow big and strong while having lots of trade routes that benefit us both
>I start a big war and move all of my forces to the front
>"HUUR DURR LETS GO TO WAR FUCKER"
>backstabs me and takes one of my provinces and forces me to take a defensive stance so I can assrape him into submission

Fucking AI in the total war games are so prone to stabbing you in the back for no fucking reason, and why the fuck would a 2 province guy even dare attack me with my 16 and terrifying tier military might
>>
>>331540680
I have never had this happen

>Have weak army
>Get invaded because I'm weak

>Have medium strength army
>Only get invaded when I invade others first

>Have a strong army
>Only get invaded if I am deliberately trying to be a dick to everyone
>>
>>331536996
Wish my toaster can still handle this. Had lots of fun with it.
>>
File: fhly9krdsdivjawd0cao.jpg (49 KB, 403x394) Image search: [Google]
fhly9krdsdivjawd0cao.jpg
49 KB, 403x394
>Trust AI
>Ever
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.