[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TL;DR: Persona thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 10372_front.jpg (134 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
10372_front.jpg
134 KB, 640x640
I made one of these threads after finishing the first Persona, so I may as well make another one of them.

I decided it was time to try the Persona series after ignoring it for years. I liked the first one, it was great, especially the music (played the Japanese PSX version). I just played the PSP versions of Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment.

These two games were really hyped up, pretty much just for the story. The story was definitely interesting, especially in Innocent Sin, I thought the cast really worked well together too. It was really damn easy too. I basically just Fusion Skilled my way through the game.

A lot of people seem to really like Eternal Punishment, though I wasn't as thrilled by it. I think it's because, as far as the story goes, anyone who played IS would pretty much know what was going on, I didn't expect to have to chase after some idiot who was being tricked into repeating the events of IS for most of the game. If I hadn't played IS I think I would have been much more interested in it. The dungeons sucked because the random battle rate was insane.

Which of the two do you prefer? What do you think about the old games compared to Persona 3 and 4? I've heard Persona 3 is where the series changes quite a bit, and it sounds like I'll either love it, like it, or hate it. I'll play Persona 3: FES in a bit. The Persona 2s already felt like they were lacking something the first game had, I'm not sure what. I think part of it is that in the first game shit just got fucked up all of a sudden, In the Persona 2s it was more just strange things going on for awhile until things got really fucked up toward the end. It also didn't help that people just ignored demons in Persona 2. The guy running Giga Macho didn't seem terribly perturbed by me fighting demons 15 feet away from him.

Anyway, TL;DR: Persona thread

Oh yeah, and Maya not talking at all (aside from some stuff in battle) was one of the worst things about Eternal Punishment.
>>
>>331502350

Oh, two other things.

1. The big bad of Persona 2 didn't seem quite the same in EP as he did in IS. You really got the impression that he was a master puppeteer in IS, and even after pounding him, he doesn't even seem out of breath. In EP he just seemed like more of a bastard than anything and lost his shit after getting a beat down.

2. Why was Philemon sort of phasing in and out when you first see him in EP? I thought they'd explain this, but if they did, I missed it.
>>
>wanting to get spoiled

Nigga get out
>>
>I liked the first one, it was great

Wow, you actually played it, unlike the faggots that complain about it and have nevr ever touched it.

>Which of the two do you prefer?

Innocent sin without a doubt. The story is just fresher and the cast of characters is better. The gameplay is boring in both sadly.

As for P3, I really do like it, even though the change from P2 to P3 was too extreme (and let's admit it, necessary), it still feels like a persona game all things considered. P4 is the one that went full retard. Is not a bad game, don't get me wrong, but it certainly is the most uninteresting in regards of characters and setting.
>>
>>331502792

Did you read any of that at all?
>>
>>331502581
The point in EP was that Gnarly could destroy the world at any moment by making the other guys remember.

Why he just threw a bitchfit and lost? I don't know I guess Tatsuya went up too many levels or the EP gang was just too emotionally stable for his Shadows to actually phase.
>>
>>331503003

>Innocent sin without a doubt. The story is just fresher and the cast of characters is better. The gameplay is boring in both sadly.

Yeah, I didn't feel that EP added much to the story, it felt unnecessary. And despite the many battle improvements, it was kinda boring. I feel like the first game was more interesting in the gameplay department somehow. I don't know, maybe after playing the Persona 2s which have improved systems, I won't like it quite as much when I play it again. I think the music and certain feels the game had (the aforementioned reality suddenly breaking thing), maybe I'll still like it about as much as I did before. I've hear that Persona 1 is the nearest to the other SMT games than any other Persona, so I'll definitely give them a shot sometime after I finish the Persona series.

Most people (on /v/ anyway) seem to really dislike Persona 4, Golden especially. Everywhere else people praise it, so I'm hoping it's still fun at least.
>>
>>331503882
It's a fun game. It is a slight improvement to P3 in gameplay,though it misses some stuff that made P3 interesting. The main reason why people hate P4 is the way characters interact with you, the main character, and what kind of character archetypes they fall into. That is -by the way- the same reason why the people who love it love it.
>>
>played Innoncent Sin PSP and beat it
>still waiting for the fan translation of EP PSP

It's been nearly 3 years and I forgot some of the plot IS outside of the main stuff and the ending ;_; should I start over or move to P1 while I wait?
>>
Persona 1 is crap

I found Persona 2 to be insanely fun. Highly underrated.

3 is flawed, and I'm not sure I would have enjoyed it at all if I hadn't played P4 first. It's like playing 4 on a harder difficulty. But if I hadn't enjoyed 4 first, I might have got really pissed off in Tartarus and said fuck the whole thing
>>
>>331504730

Play Persona 1 while you wait. Then replay Persona 2 and then play the PSX version of Eternal Punishment, who knows when the fan-translation will be done.
>>
>>331502350
Can you get tatsuya and katsuya on the samr team in ep?
>>
>>331505235

Yeah, Tatsuya joins really late in the game.
>>
>>331505494
Neat.
>>
>>331502350
PSP or PS1?
>>
>>331505639

I played the PSP versions of IS and EP.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.