[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this /v/ approved ? What the pros and cons, in your opinion ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Rise-of-the-Tomb-Raider.jpg (237 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Rise-of-the-Tomb-Raider.jpg
237 KB, 1920x1200
Is this /v/ approved ? What the pros and cons, in your opinion ?
>>
lil' bump
>>
>>331439176
>Is this /v/ approved ?
Its new and follows the reboot, so no.

>What the pros and cons, in your opinion ?

>Cons
Uncharted gameplay Not a con for me, I never played Uncharted, but it is sort of sad to see it come full circle
the same Lara as the reboot
mediocre story

>Pros
Dat ass
Better puzzles than the previous game, some are fun
Not too hand holding if you deactivate the survivor instinct

If you like the reboot,chances are you will like this one

Make up your own opinion, watch a playthrough if you must.
>>
>>331439712
Never really tried any TR, so I figured out I would start by the new ones.
Thank you for input
>>
>>331440016
>Never really tried any TR
Holy shit am I getting too old for this or what

Play Anniversary and Underworld too in this case. But maybe after the reboot.
>>
Lara a qt
>>
>>331440324
In my defence, I was never a console child. I started with starcraft, warcraft II and AoE I.

You can insult me if you want.
>>
95% completion on Xbone here

It's a fun little romp, don't expect much from the story, but if you like exploration and solving puzzles it's worth going into. Note that the story is more shooting/stealth than puzzle solving. To get the most out of the game you have to do the tombs.
>>
>>331440384
But that isn't really in my list of priorities, sadly
>>
One last little bump
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Pros
-gorgeous looking game (you really gotta see it for yourself to know)
-the writing is so much better than the 2013 reboot, like much better. The 2013 reboot had shit writing so that was brothersome
-improved controls (it might look like it plays the same than the 2013 reboot but it plays very differently)
-a lot of side missions/side activities
-you can play however you want; stealth or run and gun
-puzzle solving temples are fun to do (good luck on the last temple of the game without a playthrough/guide)

Cons
-not much you can do after finishing. You can try to 100% percent the game and there's a time trial mode but I never played it

8/10 overall
Some people may think of it as a rehash but it's not. Stick to the end credit for a special scene
>>
>lara croft thread
>no ass
Wow neo/v is shit
Post butts you faggots
>>
>Compete shit-tier story

>All weapons feel weightless besides the bow

>Way too many scripted events

>Graphics are pretty nice but faces seem weird
>>
>>331441754
But I'm homo :'(
>>
>>331440016
Yeah, it's fun, both are good games, the original reboot is 7/10, so you aren't missing anything, this one is a 8.5/10
>>
>>331441573
isnt there a survival mode or was that future DLC?
>>
>>331443001
Survival mode? I don't ever download dlc's so I couldn't know
>>
>>331439176
pretty good game, fun gameplay and neat set pieces. it's as close to Uncharted as pcfats will ever get.
>>
>>331443659
Uncharted will always win the uncharted vs tomb raider debqte because of two things; writing and visuals. In terms of gameplay though, tomb raider reboot and its sequel are miles ahead. The basics of an uncharted game is few puzzle solving elements, run and gun, "parkour" and pick up treasure randomly put all throughout the games. Tomb Raider is everything that uncharted has plus crafting, finding voice recorded recorders, finding treasure maps, pick up specific vegetations, hunting and skinning animals, upgradeable weapons, finding books, actually have side missions/side activities, has a hub world (in rise, there are two hub worlds). Uncharted is very linear compare to the rebooted tomb raider in terms of gameplay
>>
>>331443417
>I don't ever download dlc

Grow up.
>>
>>331443001
Endurance mod is not worth it from what I've read. At least the game doesn't have tacked on MP.
>>
>>331444870
Go back to tumblr you dirty idiot. Take your jewery with you.
>>
>>331446495
Are expansion packs like Frozen Throne halal ?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.