[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
May be /v/ can help me with identifying an old game I played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: 1453144814629.gif (426 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1453144814629.gif
426 KB, 300x225
May be /v/ can help me with identifying an old game I played on a demo disk a long while ago in the the early 2000s. It's nagged at me for years, because I NEVER finished the game, and I remember enjoying it. I'll try to shed as much information that I can on it.

I played an old demo-disk game in the early 2000s on my windows XP desktop. I remember the intro being a CG intro movie of some obviously humanoid guy in a space ship, and inside where multiple egg/embyro looking things, colored in the same color as the Player Characters. I believe the ship crashed or something. I assume this was the intro to the game.

The game was primarily a third person view game, that included a lot of simple melee combat, at least from the gameplay I experienced. The demo started in a desert, and you could actually control multiple of the humanoid looking, alien creatures, who all were colored differently and looked slightly different from one another. A lot of the core gameplay revolved around killing creatures, popping them into a bunch of gory bits, and walking over them. If you killed enough of the wildlife, you'd eventually mutate a body part into that of the creature and gain a new form of attack or ability.

I remember collecting some sort of claw hand for a melee attack, another arm turned into a sort of organic cannon from killing bug-like creatures that used it, and there was also even a sort of neck mutation that allowed you to breath fire after killing a few of these ant-like creatures that did the same.

I believe there were 3 or 4 separate characters to play as separately, that all spawned on the map at the beginning of the game. You couldn't control more than one at a time from what I can remember, and if you died as one character, you would simply gain control of another. I believe there was a gray, blue, green, and red, alienoid character. they all had two legs and two arms, and looked fairly human with no special attributes at the beginning of the game. Cont'd
>>
I can recall the final level the best, because I also remember dying a shit ton of times. The most memorable areas was this sort of, maze-like, area that had a lot of these organic spike-doors that would block your path if you didn't get through them fast enough. I also remember the very end of the level. You eventually got to a cave where there were tons of these small blue insectoid creatures that could either fire electricity at you, or use it in melee, I can't recall. After making it out of the cave, you eventually stumbled upon a gigantic version of this lightning insect where the demo disk ended.

I'm sure the game was meant to be a cooperative game, given that you could control multiple players, and they all evolved individually. That was also the biggest mechanic of the game, I believe, the evolution. I think I also recall picking up the meat chunks would heal your character.

some of the creatures encountered in the first level were these deer creatures that didn't offer any sort of mutation, but may be it wasn't visual, as the game did have some sort of UI menu you could track your stats on, but I can barely remember any of the UI. There was also these arachnid like creatures with the claws, the first aggressive enemy in the game. There were also another insectoid creature that carried a barrel shaped organ on their backs that launched explosive spheres at you. And there were those yellow-ant creatures that breathed fire. They were located at this sort of downward spiraling canyon in one level, and I believe killing them wasn't important to success of the level.
>>
File: web-aliens-2.jpg (34 KB, 564x423) Image search: [Google]
web-aliens-2.jpg
34 KB, 564x423
bump. Share your wisdom with me /v/. I want to remember.
>>
We don't play games here fag
>>
File: 160316_014806_COLLAGE-1.jpg (251 KB, 1304x1630) Image search: [Google]
160316_014806_COLLAGE-1.jpg
251 KB, 1304x1630
>mfw I know the exact game you are talking about but you can go fuck yourself
>>
>>331396809
Any more information you could add about anything? im tryin to see if i can dig anything up on google
>>
File: 1458429464362.jpg (48 KB, 490x463) Image search: [Google]
1458429464362.jpg
48 KB, 490x463
>>331398147
>mfw you don't
>>
bumping. The game was fairly bloody If I recall correctly, due to the mechanic requiring you to pop the creatures into bits to collect them. The game had 3D graphics and enemies, with few large sprites, which makes me believe it's an early 2000s game.
>>
Was it Evolva? Never played it myself, but I remember seeing trailers for it in Giants: Citizen Kabuto I think, and reading the Wikipedia page for it makes it sound pretty similar.
>>
>>331398178
Can I save this picture? It's incredible.
>>
>>331398156
Believe me I'm trying. I'm wracking my brain to think of anything I can. The demo disc was black, IIRC but that's a big IF. It could just be my brain being unable to recall any features on the disc. I don't think it was a disc containing multiple games, like it being from a game magazine. It was just a demo disc for that one game if I recall correct.
>>
>>331398350
>>331398350
>>331398350

My god man! THAT'S IT! Thank you so much!
>>
>>331398350
and Giants: Citizen Kabuto came up when I was googling, and it looked really interesting, btw.
>>
File: 1417253906374.jpg (44 KB, 466x645) Image search: [Google]
1417253906374.jpg
44 KB, 466x645
>>331398350
>Giants: Citizen Kabuto
>mfw
>>
>>331398527
Giants: Citizen kabuto is one of the best games ever made.
Better banter than conker.
>>
>>331398660
Lol. I'll be sure to check it out then.

Holy shit, my brain is going to overload on nostalgia tonight.
>>
Bionicle Heroes
>>
>>331398359
It's all yours my friend!
>>
File: 86074765.jpg (18 KB, 200x273) Image search: [Google]
86074765.jpg
18 KB, 200x273
Here's that gray dude.
>>
>>331398803
Thanks, brother.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.