[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whenever I see Resident Evil threads, I never see people mentioning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6
File: sheeva-chris-resident-evil-5.jpg (104 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
sheeva-chris-resident-evil-5.jpg
104 KB, 1024x768
Whenever I see Resident Evil threads, I never see people mentioning RE5. Ive been playing it with my friend and were having a ton of fun. The level design is nice and pretty straightforward. The cutscenes are a bit cheesy but the overall gameplay is good. Plus its fun shooting rabid jigaboos in the face. I feel the game is underrated. Thoughts /v/?
>>
>>331334370
RE5 is a good game. The hate it gets is totally undeserved.
>>
The brown goddess has some amazing alternate costumes.
>>
>>331334370

I bought RE5 for like ten bucks used, and it was trash. I hate how all the noise made about RAYCISM drowned out the small detail that the game is just fucking bad.
>dumb as shit forced AI partner wastes all your ammo and healing items
>terrible inventory
>being able to replay levels kills the point of survival
>no files to read in-game
>no puzzles whatsoever
>gunplay is only average
>chris doesn't get to use the cool shirt from the flashback in main game

To see the same game done right, play Revelations 2. Very similar in structure but just a hundred times better.
>>
Arguably one of the best co-op games ever made.

The pacing is a bit slow at times, but it's replayability is super high with tons of collectibles and a gun collection mechanic which kept you playing. Mercenaries as well. A complete title but fuck GFWL
>>
>>331334370
Iwhen you play it alone is when it's boring
Re5 remains to be my favorite Co op game
>>
RE5 is a good game, it's basically just more RE4.

I just don't like the setting, I mean the idea of having it be in africa and the whole "DAYTIME HORROR" was kind of interesting. But I still can't say I was very invested in it. Shooting nigglets in slums just wasn't very scary or fun, it got a lot more interesting when it got towards the end and it was more Wesker stuff and more relevant to the canon.
>>
I hate how the removed all the micromanagement between players in RE6 co-op.

Yeah sure it was a bit of a hassle with the AI but it made shit a lot more interesting instead of just DUDE CARRY EVERY WEAPON LMAO.
>>
>>331335003
>RE5 is a good game, it's basically just more RE4.

No it's not. If it was just more RE4, people would like it. The whole problem is that they made it different from RE4 when they should have copied its mechanics and style exactly without changing anything.
>>
>>331335238
>I hate how they removed the worst part of the game
>>
>>331334370

It has Sheva and best Jill.
>>
Nigger friend ruins the game. Awful ai
>>
>>331335238
Tbh im loving the way me and my buddy manage inv. I usually carry the heals and use pistol/shotty ammo, while my friend uses the pistol/rifle and carries grenades. The machine gun ammo is the only thing we share.
>>
Resident Evil 5 was just thoroughly outclassed by better games when it was released. It wasn't a particularly good third person shooter compared to Gears of War and it wasn't even close to a good horror game/RE4 follow up like Dead Space was.

It was just mediocre by comparison.
>>
>>331335547

RE5 Jill isn't Jill at all, it's Anna Williams.

Sheva could be okay if not for 1) horrible AI and 2) the fact that she has no reason to be in the story at all. No connection to the villains. They should have put in scenes that connect her to the gun nerd or the whore, that way she'd have a story reason to exist.
>>
>>331335368
>The whole problem is that they made it different from RE4 when they should have copied its mechanics and style exactly without changing anything.

Of course it's not exactly the same, but mechanically it plays pretty much just like RE4 with some more stuff added to it. I mean shit it rehashes a bunch of animations from RE4 quite blatantly.
>>
File: 1437206561436.jpg (19 KB, 485x495) Image search: [Google]
1437206561436.jpg
19 KB, 485x495
>>331335547
>best Jill
>>
I think I had fun with it, but I was at the peak of my 420 no scope blaze it senpai days when I played it (along with Gears and Borderlands)... so disregard my opinion.

If I can remember huge parts of RE4, which I haven't played since release, but can only remember the goofy matrix flashback cutscene in the mansion/rock punch from RE5... that tells me the game was probably pretty forgettable.
>>
>>331335942

It only looks like more of the same if you look at the gunplay alone and ignore all other aspects of the game. They removed:
- briefcase inventory (best part of re4)
- in-game files (only files you can find are in the bonus menu)
- npc merchant (best character of re4)
- story focused structure (replaced with mission focused that allows replaying levels and grinding money even during first playthrough)
- puzzles (even though re4 didn't have great puzzles, it tried a little bit)

They added:
- co-op
- horrible dumbass AI partner if you're not playing co-op

When I say people would have liked RE5 if it was really just "more RE4", I mean literally that: use the same story focused structure, same briefcase inventory, same kind of files you can find and read, no forced AI partner, etc. Just literally make the same game but with Chris instead of Leon and Africa instead of Spain. If they had done that, people would have probably liked it a lot better.
>>
File: 1186226652672.jpg (395 KB, 1351x1156) Image search: [Google]
1186226652672.jpg
395 KB, 1351x1156
>>331334370
Why did they make Chris so attractive? What made them think "Let's give him big muscles and a square jaw." ?
>>
>>331334932
>dumb as shit forced AI partner wastes all your ammo and healing items

>he doesn't have friends
>>
>>331334932
>>no files to read in-game

But there are.

Also the gunplay is the same as RE4. Also the inventory takes like an hour to get used to. Use Square/X to move items and reload guns. Give Sheva a rifle and grenades instead of healing items.
>>
>>331337283

Muscles actually have a canon explanation. When Jill "died", Chris got mopey about it and determined to get strong enough to fight Wesker without a partner so that he wouldn't lose another one, and so he started eating all the horse steroids in the world. There is kind of an arc in RE5 about him learning to trust Sheva, though I cant blame you if you missed it because the story in RE5 is really rushed and shitty.
>>
>>331334370
Yeah, it's probably the best co-op game I have ever played, so cool and full of stuff and depth for multiple playtroughs.

And the merchaneries mode, holy fuck.
>>
>>331334932
>bad AI
I never really had problems with Sheva... infact she was my favorite RE girl for a time, that tribal costume made my dick diamonds.
>>
>>331337504
If I had friends, I'd lose them if I asked them to play RE5 with me.

>>331337597
>But there are.

Oh wait, there actually were a couple. My bad. It was RE6 that had none. RE5 just had too few.

>Also the gunplay is the same as RE4

Yes, I acknowledged this. But the gunplay is not the whole game. Everything except gunplay got way shittier.
>>
>>331337845
>I never really had problems with Sheva

I started hating her in the literal first fight of the game and only stopped after I got infinite ammo guns. Those are post-game content. Sheva is a fucking liability.
>>
Resident Evil 4, 5, and 6 are fantastic third person shooters. If you've spent any time with them you'll know this.
>>
>>331338271
>post-game content
maybe this is why, the majority of my memory of that game was playing through to get all the guns and infinite ammo. Say what you will about the story or it being a shitty RE game, but I loved the gameplay.
>>
>>331338271
She's only a nuisance in professional mode, she's fine on any lower difficulty.
>>
>>331338578
>playing on a difficulty lower than pro

LaughingSTARS.jpg
>>
>>331334370
People expected another RE4 and when they realized it wasn't as great (at least as a single player game) they started shitting on it like if it was the worst abomination ever instead of just a good but disappointing title.
>>
>>331337834

Have you played RE:Revelations 2?

Asking because it has basically improved versions of all the things you listed.
>>
File: chocolate titties.gif (3 MB, 364x283) Image search: [Google]
chocolate titties.gif
3 MB, 364x283
>>
>>331334370
It's better than 6 because it's not as ambitious but at the same time it suffers from being too similar to RE4

I had no problems with it and honestly it had the least cheesy story out of all RE games but it was still bad albeit the acting and graphics are top notch.

RE6 too me would've been great but the annoying eneimes and cramped levels really suck. Didn't care for many of the bosses either and to me the graphics look worse than 5 in some instances but that's understandble due to how massive the game is.

As for people having issues with AI Sheva. SEt her to cover mode and give her a sniper rifle. She will get headshots 90 percent of the time.
>>
>>331339290
Also add the nostalgia factor to the mix for those whose first Resident Evil was 4, probably 90s kids who had Gamecubes as their first consoles and got pissed at Capcom.
>>
File: milk chocolate titties.gif (3 MB, 390x336) Image search: [Google]
milk chocolate titties.gif
3 MB, 390x336
>>
>>331339579
>>331339754
What's Maya doing in RE5?
>>
>>331335907
>native of the region
>BSAA agent
>acting as liaison to another BSAA agent

How is that not a reason enough?
>>
>>331339386
Yeah, played it with a friend everytime a episode was released, it was mediocre but fun.

It does not have the RE4 gameplay so it does not really compare. RE5 is better in almost every way.
>>
It irks me when people say that RE5 is just more RE4. They don't understand what made RE4 so good and how RE5 completely missed the point. One of these days I'm going to make a thread detailing exactly what made 4 work so well in comparison to its sequels. One of these days man.
>>
>>331337715
He was bulky before Jill "died"
Apparently he started lifting after C:V and before Lost in Nightmare
Sheva and Chris is my OTP
I like RE5 better than RE4
>>
The Wesker bits alone made RE5 pretty damn great. Was a damn shame that after all the time the RE games went through into making him all mysterious and cool, they just 'killed' him off.

From what RE rev2s ending showed I feel like Jake is gonna somehow be Wesker.
>>
>>331340801
>Was a damn shame that after all the time the RE games went through into making him all mysterious and cool, they just 'killed' him off.

You can't let the villain always get away and always win. That'll just make your heroes look useless.
>>
>>331340801

They have two replacement weskers available, Jake and Nat, but both need some extra time and work before they can grow into actual villains. I don't think either of them can be the big bad of RE7.

What I'd like to see is RE "minus one", a game set like 20 years before the Raccoon city incident.
>>
You may see some talk resurface about it when the HD ver. or whatever they are calling it comes out later this year
>>
File: 1457328594395.jpg (191 KB, 649x707) Image search: [Google]
1457328594395.jpg
191 KB, 649x707
I just started playing the old REs. They're a lot of fun, but my RE folder is lacking. Post great RE pics please.
>>
>>331335907

>it's Nina Williams.

Fixed that for you buddy.
>>
>>331334932
>all the noise made about RAYCISM

Reminder that Sessler was at the forefront of that movement. Fuck SJWs and the political correct culture this country has been forcibly absorbed into.
>>
>Mercenaries mode in Gold Edition

muh dick it's so fucking fun

Playing RE5 with a friend was a blast. Really a great game. The replay value the campaign lacks is made up for with Mercs.
>>
>>331341762
Old RE's for the first time?
>>
RE5 was OK if you played with a friend.
You can see traces of what would fester and turn into RE6 though. Shit like that monotonous 15 minute turret chapter that ends in a boss that barely reacts to you shooting it.
>>
>>331342454
Yes, first time.
>>
>>331339754
>>331339579

I am usually ocd about defaults but when I pick up the ps4 version I am going to have her in that outfit and imagine a woman fresh out the africa tribes forced to help in nothing but the clothes she came in on
>>
>>331341250

Wait what went wrong twenty years ago?
>>
>>331341762

>no adventures of Jill, Ko, and Raptor taking on hordes of the undead just because

Slit a smile in my throat anytime, God.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.