[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DmC: Devil May Cry was a good, fun game, with a much more coherent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6
File: dmc-devil-may-cry-ps4-xbox-one.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dmc-devil-may-cry-ps4-xbox-one.jpg
142 KB, 1280x720
DmC: Devil May Cry was a good, fun game, with a much more coherent and interesting story than every past DMC game but 3. Anyone who says otherwise either doesn't remember them or is too blinded by fanaticism to accept honest criticism of their nostalgia.

The parts of DMC 1 that actually had dialogue were cringe-inducing edgy cheese scraped straight from the floor of the 90s goth movement. DMC 2 made pretty much no fucking sense, and 4 was just lazy.

3, again, was great, and should've been the basis for a ret-con, but they decided to keep the old canon like a bunch of dumbshits and forced a reboot on themselves thanks to the convoluted mess of a story-arc they'd made.

I miss the old Dante as much as the next person, and I hope they bring him back in some way, but don't act like the reboot was garbage, because it wasn't.
>>
File: 1450744028224.jpg (62 KB, 450x557) Image search: [Google]
1450744028224.jpg
62 KB, 450x557
>>331333196
You're going to get a hell of a lot of angry replies, especially from fans of 4, but I actually did like DmC
DmC is the only Devil May Cry game I've played thus far, and I know that 3 and 4 are supposed to be a lot better but DmC was still a very strong action game. I really liked how environments changed as you moved through them, and visually the game was just really gorgeous. I was really surprised with the vast amount of upgrades you get for your attacks to do more interesting combos and stuff, and I liked how you got a decent selection of weapons. As far as my first Devil May Cry game goes, DmC is pretty awesome. Also that metal soundtrack is rockin'.
>>
>more coherent story

I'll take this as a legit post so I'll offer a legit response. I heavily disagree with this bit in particular, the story of 3 is super simple and easy to follow, but the pacing and placement of shit like Vergil fights splits the game up into neat little sections and does its job of rounding out Dante's character arc of coming to terms with both his human and demon side.

The ending of 3 is actually really great and well set up and way more impactful than anything in DmC, especially the ending which tried to just emulate 3 without any of the setup or themes preceeding the fight. In DmC they just randomly fight because they have a sudden disagreement for no reason whereas in 3 everything built up to and was wrapped around those confrontations.
>>
>>331333507
Also, by the way: Why do you feel the need to compare this game to other Devil May Cry games, rather than just enjoying each game for what they are?
>>
>BLAH BLAH BLAH IM A FAGGOT WITH A DIFFERENT VIEWPOINT SO THAT MAKES ME UNIQUE AND EVEYONE IS STUPID BUT ME BLAH BLAH BLAH

Kill yourself.
>>
File: image.png (420 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
420 KB, 750x1334
>>
>>331333507
Noisia did the music for DmC so awesomeness is to be expected
>>
What would be the Dmc: Devil may cry story about if They Live didn't existed?
>>
>>331333712
I compare them because the only real criticism I've heard about it is from fanboys of the originals saying things like "DmC Dante is just an arrogant douche with emo tendencies!" as if the original Dante wasn't...

Again, I miss the old Dante, but don't act like he should be beyond criticism for the same shit people hate the new guy for.
>>
I enjoyed it a lot. The leveldesign is some of the best I've seen.
>>
File: hqdefault-2.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-2.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>331333801
>>
>>331334223
I dunno anon. If you were to go talk to the guys at /cgg/ in /vg/ they'd talk to you about how they hate how certain enemies require specific weapons in order to kill them, or how the combat doesn't encourage cuhrayzee combos according to them. I think some would have valid criticisms and/or opinions on elements such as the gameplay itself too anon.

Although /cgg/ is also a place that thinks Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae is a great action game so maybe they are just crazy.
>>
If it wasn't for the Devil May Cry name this game would have been completely forgotten within the month as a functional but boring action game.
>>
>>331333929
>awesomeness
What the fuck is with all the newfags lately?
>>
>>331334487
I think they tried something a bit different with the combat and some things worked, others didn't. Overall, it had the same style as the old stuff and was plenty enjoyable.
>>
shoulda made an onimusha game instead.
>>
>>331334784
Would you prefer he say "so a quality soundtrack is to be expected"? Calm down mang.
>>
>>331334941
dont be child, kid
>>
File: 214.jpg (33 KB, 615x630) Image search: [Google]
214.jpg
33 KB, 615x630
>>331335361
>>
>>331333975
The original DMC... Adding a They Live aspect to the story was just a cool twist
>>
File: DmC Dante.png (148 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
DmC Dante.png
148 KB, 500x500
Honestly a western reboot of Devil May Cry couldn't have gone much better.

>Hmmm so okay
>We want you to make a new Dante..
>But he's gotta be realistic!
>But he's gotta be Dante!
>So no white hair and long red coat ok?
>But he's gotta be Dante!

It was a fool's errand to begin with, it's amazing it even managed to come together as well as it did.
>>
>>331333196
the story in DmC doesnt make any sense though
1 3 and 4's story are straight forward
>>
>>331337401
In all fairness to NT, wasn't it Inafune who told them to make it more "western"

No excuse for not using MT Framework because it's a Japanese engine though
>>
>>331337401
They wanted it to be more realistic then the end game to
they originally wanted shit like E&I having to reload
>>
Yeah the game is the real deal and imo better than dmc 4. Story is interesting and well executed, and Dante as a character is interesting especially when he matures. Fanboys say that combat is simpler but atleast now i don't have to train 20 hours before i can make some sickass combos.
>>
>>331337920
0/10
>>
In retrospect the whole series is shit.
>>
>>331337508
If by "straightforward" you mean simple and a bit vague then sure. Except for 3. That shit was nice.
>>
>>331337607
>No excuse for not using MT Framework because it's a Japanese engine though

They said the reason was partly also because MT framework couldn't handle their concept of having a morphing and moving world.

I know people like to suck MT's dick nonstop but it's a great engine at doing very specific things. DMC4 runs at 60 fps and looks great on last gen consoles because the game barely has any dynamic shit going on underneath the hood at all. Prebaked lightning, no physics etc etc. MT framework probably couldn't handle their morphing enviroments on last gen and still be a 60 fps game.
>>
It's the perfect transition for DMC into modern video games. If I tried to get my casual friends into older DMCs, they would take one look at white long haired anime Dante and throw it into the trash. The aesthetic of this modern DMC is way more appealing in general, and I was able to get a couple of my friends super into it. Also the addition of easier combos and unfixed camera angles help make it more modern as well. I wouldn't say it's better or worse than the old ones, it's just different and primarily for a different audience. If you don't like it you have 4 other games you can play.
>>
>>331338772
you gotta work on your posts
this sounds more like tom hulett then tameme
>>
>>331338772
Yeah the original Dante, especially in the first game, acts like he was written by a 14-year-old metal fan who loves HIM and The Crow.

>"I was supposed to be the one to fill your dark soul with LIIIIIGHTT!"
>>
>>331338582
Oh okay. Fair enough.
>>
>>331339412
Fuck you I love The Crow
>>
Tameem is back?
>>
>>331333196
it was shit don't kid yourself.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.