[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on "The Division" I like what I've seen,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
Thoughts on "The Division" I like what I've seen, but all the reviews online are sponsored
>>
Blunder of a game.
>>
Someone called it the Okayest game they ever played.

Well done rendition of new york city
Okay combat
Okay loot grind
overall meh and logically inconsistent story

My issue with the game is that the story and the core gameplay don't really mesh well. Let's retake new york BY SHOOTING EVERYTHING THAT MOVES.
>>
>>331249656
The hivemind of /v/ will continue to hate on this game but you won't know till you try it.
Im thoroughly enjoying it.
The cover-to-cover system is near perfect, looting system is pretty good and enemies are challenging if you're in the right area.
The crafting system and dark zone seems pointless while leveling as the gear you obtain is quickly replaced by higher level items
Also being able to swap out weapons, perks and skills and any time (even in combat) makes the class roles slightly lacklustre.
There's a lot of things they've done right, but a lot that still needs to be improved.
>>
like Destiny but somehow worse
>>
>come across looters which are just trying to make their way in the world, by strongarming people and taking their things.
>strong arm the looters and take their things; I'm a government sleeper agent so its okay.
>>
gift me a copy and I will tell you :)

> steamcommunity.com/id/Sincerelyss/
>>
File: The Doctor.jpg (192 KB, 819x762) Image search: [Google]
The Doctor.jpg
192 KB, 819x762
I play it and pretty much what >>331251680 said.

You like shooting and collecting shit? Go ahead and buy it you won't be disappointed, but you won't be amazed. It's like ordering the newest thing from a fast food menu.
>>
me and 2 friends are thinking of cooping this. Is it wort a buy if you're 3 friends who wanna coop?
>>
>>331252165
I'm this guy >>331252165
Yes, everything's funner with friends. The peak of this game is when I got 3 other friends to fuck peoples shit up in the dark zone. We got to manhunt status and there were 15 guys who got us dead-ended into an alley that we fortified the shit out of, and after like 10 minutes of trying to kill us they all just gave up and left and we got a ton of money for surviving.
>>
>>331252189
>>331252165
Boy I fucked that up
>>
I do like the skill system, they're tied into your main base's upgrades. It's an interesting take that could be implemented better in the future.

I also like how you can always slot out skills you like/dislike or need/don't need.
>>
>>331248964
I regret buying it, honestly, but I need something to help me pass the time till dark souls 3 comes out. Thankfully I have Salt and Sanctuary now
>>
I enjoyed playing the story, and knew what was going on unlike the clusterfuck that was Destiny.

If you like grinding to get better loot so you can grind to get better loot, you'll enjoy it. Currently end-game content is a bit thin since they never expected anyone to reach max level this quickly, their CEO naively claims.
>>
File: 1438988974625.png (649 KB, 977x1195) Image search: [Google]
1438988974625.png
649 KB, 977x1195
>>331252108
>spend all your time shooting and looting dindu's
>there is somehow something wrong with this
It's one of those games that becomes drastically less fun if you don't have someone you actually know IRL to play with regularly.
>>
>>331249656
>Most successive new franchise of all times
>Blunder
holy keks
>>
>>331252108

The difference is the looters you're killing are doing horrible things to the civilians. They will fire on you 100% of the time they see you.

Listen to some of the Echos/Phonecalls/Reports from the Looters.
>>
>>331252030
no
>>
I'ved played for 3 days total.

It's a good game but there isn't a lot to do even in the DZ.

I have a team of four with me being the medic and it's entertaining but we have done pretty much everything.
>>
>>331251680

How would you say the story is logically inconsistent?

Over all its fun with friends, Its comfy? Like when its a white out or a snow storm and night time.

Im enjoying it.
>>
One question though. Why is everyother female in this game a faggot? Is this a sjw game? I mean the looters are all black so I wanna say no but I really don't know.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.