[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NNID Customer Service
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (170 KB, 1024x622) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170 KB, 1024x622
So I just got off of the phone with Nintendo support, as usual the representative was quite nice, and was getting me to where I wanted to in terms of acquiring a new NNID.
He said that actually changing the name was not possible due to how the whole system is structured, but what could be done is if I created a new NNID, and then merged the new account with my old account, and then deleted the old account that it would be a plausible workaround.
I'm thinking this is totally fine, nothing lost, problem solved. However this process seemed above his skill and technical level so he suggested that for the final part of this process I speak to a supervisor, which is great as I don't want to lose anything data wise so better to be safe than sorry.
After waiting for about 5-10 minutes on hold the supervisor picked up and was juggling some numbers and information, so far so good, then she starts with, "Ummmmm unfortunately . . .", I couldn't believe after all this wait time and being told this was happening that I'm about to be told no. And that's exactly what she told me, saying that this isn't something "normally" done and it's usually only when transferring from an old system to a new one. I'm thinking that's fine, I don't see why we can't do it anyway. --Continued--
>>
She tells me it's actually, "really labor intensive, and super expensive". I was a bit shocked, but assumed I was possibly ignorant to how this service works. She just told me that I can still create a new NNID but I would have to STAR OVER, everything.
Granted she did start off nice, for a supervisor for one of the largest gaming companies around I'm sure she deals with some real "sweethearts". But it was apparent that she was tired, slightly irritated, and trying to wrap up the conversation now that I have been given my "choices", so I said I didn't know what to say, and just let her go, told her thank you etc.

My question still remains however, as I want to better understand.
In what way, is changing the name of an account, "super expensive" and especially "labor intensive"? Surely there are some really smart people in this field on this here.
Moreover I did ask, "so it's a money issue essentially?", she said yes. I then offered to pay for the service then, and was still immediately shut down. So my money is only worth it if I spend it on a new system, but not directly towards the company? I'm a bit confused.
Sorry if it's a bit soap boxy, but I didn't want to leave out any details. Anyone else here had any experience with this? Is it just us gaijin being put in our place?
>>
Nothing? I'd think there would at least be opportunistic shit posters about Nintendo.
>>
>>331242086
>>331242149
And yet you don't explain why you need a new NNID
>>
My old 3ds broke and I think it was 100% retarded I had to call them just to move it to my new one. I also lost all my digital game saves in the process.
>>
>>331242086
If you make a new NNID on the same system you can still play all of the games you bought and downloaded with your original NNID
>>
why didn't you outright ask 'why changing my NNID nickname is an expensive process' instead of blogging about it? cunt.

they have servers with massive databases that store your information. some poor IT schmuck would have to go through all of it, find your data and replace all instances of 'XxXdick_lover_69XxX'. look for any inconsistencies with other NNIDs, too. it's time-consuming, expensive and unfeasible. they might even need to shut the servers down.

it's doable if the system is structured properly (see M$) but Nintendo's online service is a fucking convoluted joke.
>>
>>331244324
I simply don't like the old one, and am universalizing all of my other accounts as well.
>>331244619
That is 100% retarded, they mentioned that as well.
>>
>>331245640
Only on Wii U, 3DS can only have 1 NNID according to them.
>>
>Buy a Wii U from someone
>Lots of games in it, hard drive with even more
>NNID is "[pony name]lover[numbers]
>To change it I have to say bye bye to all the games purchased by the account

Welp.
>>
>>331246297
best option is to buy a new one
move everything over
make a new account on the current one
merge the accounts
return new system
>>
>>331245868
I heavily implied that, however as I said she was clearly irritated, even though I was very polite and patient, and if she did not want to deal with me then I knew I wasn't going to get anywhere further. Not trying to "blog", just giving all of the information to better receive an equally informed answer.
Is it really that involved? How do other companies afford to provide the service seamlessly then?
They didn't say it couldn't be done, she told me they have the capability, but that it's only for new system situations, so they would go through with the process regardless.
>>
File: robin_didnt read.gif (897 KB, 200x112) Image search: [Google]
robin_didnt read.gif
897 KB, 200x112
>>
>>331246705
>buy a new one

>College
>New house
>Living alone
Now I think the price of the system was low just because of the NNID. The guaranty will be over before I get spare money to get another one.
>>
>>331247165
read the entire post before replying
>>
>>331247153
Thanks for your astute contribution.
It takes 30 seconds max to read, yet you spent more time shit posting.
>>
>>331246910
if she sounded tired it's probably because she had to deal with retards like you asking trivial questions all day long.

Nintendo's online service is shit. they salvaged what they could from the Wii and DSi days instead of starting over, this is why the WiiU and 3DS eShop was a disaster back in the day, before NNIDs.

if I had to guess I'd say their system was built by trainees, it's convoluted and, to make things worse, they keep tackling 'patches' (like NNIDs) to make it more stable/functional instead of fixing the heap of already existing problems. probably because they can't be fixed in the first place. other companies plan ahead and use true-and-tested software.

changing your nickname can be done, theoretically. it's not viable, though.
>>
Okay, since this thread is about Nintendo support, my N3DS was stolen and I'd like to know if recovering my data is possible and how I'd do it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.