[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ it's time to accept the fact that Nintendo is never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
With the recent NX controller thread (regardless of whether it's true or not) it really just opened my eyes to how strongly most of you want for Nintendo to be traditional and compete against Sony and Microsoft.

And well desu they won't. The market has proven that there is barely enough space for two core manufacturers, let alone 3.

Nintendo hasn't made a traditional console since the SNES. Even the Gamecube which people still love to call traditional was weird as fuck. Controller was weird. It had a handle. Mini DVD's were weird. Shit was purple. Cmon.

Basically /v/ it's time to get over the fact that Nintendo is never going to release a traditional console. We need to appreciate the risks they're willing to take regardless of whether they end up being successful off of them. They're a perfect marriage of unique hardware design that they use to create unique software experiences™.

And hey if you don't like it, don't buy it. Only Nintendo fans like me will end up getting finessed.

So please /v/ join me and accept that Nintendo is like Kanye and will do whatever the fuck they want
>>
Keep your shit on neo-cancer, faggot.
>>
>>331175525
Hello NintendoGAF did OP strike a nerve?
>>
Don't understand why people want Nintendo to be the SAME. Be exactly like the watered down PCs with slightly (and boy do I mean slightly) better graphics than the previous product. As someone who mainly plays on PC, I always get Nintendo platforms as my secondary gaming device simply because you can't easily emulate most of their games on PC with how the controllers work. Shit like dual screens, motion controllers, 3D, and the game pad are all gimmicky, no doubt about that, but gimmick doesn't exactly mean bad. A gimmick, in modern terminology anyway, simply means some kind of quirk which makes the product different than the rest, and all Nintendo products since the DS have worked. If it weren't for Nintendo using gimmicks nobody else would even dare to think about, we wouldn't have Trauma Center, Elebits, Zack and Wiki, and Splatoon just to name a few.
>>
>>331175623
lol fuck u nintendobaby
>>
File: 51Q-WE-9cNL.jpg (36 KB, 309x500) Image search: [Google]
51Q-WE-9cNL.jpg
36 KB, 309x500
I didn't read your post OP.

http://time.com/4245215/starfox-wii-u/

“At the time of E3 2014, that was the direction,” says Miyamoto. “Afterward, going back to work on the game in Kyoto, we got a lot of feedback from Star Fox fans and fans on the staff. And what we decided to do at that point was take the game more in the direction of Star Fox 64. So it will feel more like a longer form movie, and we did that because we wanted to try to complete the game in a way that will satisfy those longtime fans.”
>>
Sony won. That's all you need to know.
>>
>>331175183
sup bitches
>>
They've never been traditional. 2 screens even back then, what the fuck.
>>
>>331175623
I don't give a shit about how powerful their console is as long as the games are good, but really it's hard to imagine them making any money without getting the big third parties on their side, and they can't do that unless they have the power to bring them in.

What does being different even net them anymore? Gimmicky controllers exist on all systems, main difference is Nintendo forces them onto their systems regardless of whether or not you want it (Microsoft tried it and had to backpedal hard). They can make their shit cheap but then they have to either make them weak or sell them at a serious loss and either of those seems bad.
>>
File: virtual-boy.jpg (30 KB, 800x788) Image search: [Google]
virtual-boy.jpg
30 KB, 800x788
>>331175183

Nintendo has always been the trendsetter, much to their detriment. Even the playstation 1 was just repurposed from Nintendos original idea for a disc system.

Nintendo has been doomed since 1889, and will probably still be doomed hundreds of years from now.
>>
>Release a current gen console
>two years into current gen

They lost it. Completly fucking retarded.
>>
>>331175623
You can emulate ps4 and xone games already?

Fuck off
>>
It's time to accept the fact that Nintendo fucking sucks now.
>>
>>331179119
>implying there's a single xbox or ps4 game worth owning that isn't already on the pc
>>
>>331179257
Don't tempt fate, Anon. Remember Red Dead Redemption?
>>
>>331179257
Ninteneo force already trying to derail this thread because nobody talks shit about muh absolutely based Nintendo
>>
File: SR4-GatHell7.jpg (61 KB, 592x333) Image search: [Google]
SR4-GatHell7.jpg
61 KB, 592x333
>>331175623
>>
>>331177392
Don't really need the big third parties cash cows. Mainly because the people who wanted those next gen versions of those games more then likely have a ps4 or xb1, or if they want the games period they'll just get their last gen version and play that.

No, them trying or even caring about major third parties will fuck them yet again. Look at the 3DS and WiiU.

They're biggest successes are consoles designed around an interesting gimmick that doesn't make the system so pricey or obtuse and is multiplayer focused. AND has first and second party IP that fully exploits their technology and IP out of the gate.
Third party stuff is just the icing on the cake, not the actual cake itself. Like it is with the sony and microsoft systems.
>>
>>331179535
Its like you fuckboi forgot that before the wii u release it was all about MUH BATMAN MUH ASS CRED BACK TO HARDCORE GAMES NINTENDOMINATION GUYS BUY THE WII U COD ZOMBIU HARDCORE GAMES

Only when it failed because wii u is underpowered trash they went back to
>W-we would never abandon our main audience and our fans here you have mario zelda..not really and more mario haha!

Fucking fanboys
>>
I know plenty will disagree with me, but I unironically liked the concept for the NX controller that someone made. The one with the controller being a touch screen with traditional buttons and analog sticks on it.
>>
>>331175183
I just want fun games.
>>
>>331179535
The only reason the Wii succeeded was because it was sold as an exercise machine to middle aged women and old people. They can't replicate that unless they just forget about games altogether.

They can't have it both ways in this situation. They will never win over both the casuals and the gamers, and the longer they try the longer they bleed money.
>>
>>331179751
It was created to compete DIRECTLY with the ps360. Was the HD wii version that people always wanted, they just added a fucking tablet gimmick.
Problem? They let the wii go fallow for too long and didn't keep pushing the wii name in public and defending it from black pr.

BUT EA, salty as fuck they couldn't completely own their online, gave sony and ms the heads up and headed a movement to create a completely net dependent clusterfuck that is the current gen.

Basicaly all of the things sony shat on the xbox1 for, both were going to do. And the big AAA guys were pushing the fuck out of it.
Only when the fans basically had a visceral hatefilled HOLY SHIT NIGGA WHAT THE FUCK reaction too it did sony pull out like a dude who remembered his girlfriend was fertile and he was going rawdog.

We are now seeing the weak as fuck and quickly contracting userbase created by this ill-concieved generation now. It's bad and only getting worse.

>>331180138
Actually, everyone bought a wii, women, children, grown ass men, families. It really ran the gauntlet.
The reason people keep focusing on how it's an exercise machine is because it pulled in a group that no one knew was pullable and they marketing for that was brilliant.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.