[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>the game of your dreams, even if the technology doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: dicky.jpg (101 KB, 612x456) Image search: [Google]
dicky.jpg
101 KB, 612x456
>the game of your dreams, even if the technology doesn't exist yet or make sense
>>
>Action RPG
>Deus Ex/EYE style character upgrades
>Set in technological future like Mass Effect, EYE, or Too Human (fantasy/cyberpunk I guess?)
>Third person, choice between fluid melee combat (a la Bloodborne) and ranged weapons (Mass Effect, Dead Space, Vanquish)
>Weapon upgrades and part swapping
>Abilities a la Bioshock plasmids or Nier powers
>Fluid movement system, including lite platforming sections and the ability to climb on very large enemies, like SotC or Dragon's Dogma
>Character creation a la Black Desert Online
>Soundtrack composed by Eric Chevalier (Rayman 2), Marty O'Donnell, and the Danganronpa guy

Basically, a third person EYE with character creation, better pacing, more weapon options (including upgrades and part swapping), more interesting powers, and giant bosses to climb and take out by focusing weak points.

Online co-op would be a must, like Destiny or whatever.
>>
File: dk2-product.jpg (32 KB, 550x394) Image search: [Google]
dk2-product.jpg
32 KB, 550x394
I want these to take off so bad, but with better games. Scary games to be specific
>>
Assassin's Creed but not shit
>>
File: Space Opera 2.jpg (310 KB, 1236x1600) Image search: [Google]
Space Opera 2.jpg
310 KB, 1236x1600
>Squad-based mix between TPS and beat-em-up.
>Space Opera setting.
>Flashy artstyle, lots of neon and effects.
>Necrodancer-style soundtrack.
>Everything is customizable. A toss-up between Loadout and Blacklight but with more armor customization.
>Many ways and tools to kill things, particularly awesome kills get bonuses a la MadWorld.
>Choice between guns, explosives, magic equivalent, unarmed and melee.
>Can mix different attacks into combos
>Everything you do has impact, think Alpha Protocol.
>Well-written, no loose ends, no pandering bullshit.

I just want a cuhrayzee version of ME with a cool plot.
>>
File: jaws-unleashed-.gif (154 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
jaws-unleashed-.gif
154 KB, 600x450
>>331158287
another game where you play as the bad guy/monster and just wreck shit. maybe some kind of land animal like a bear or dinosaur or something and you just eat everything and try to survive. Big open map, a simple enough story so you have some goals and plenty of people to kill and different ways to kill them
>>
>Melty Blood HD
>>
File: call of cathulu investigation.png (911 KB, 1357x679) Image search: [Google]
call of cathulu investigation.png
911 KB, 1357x679
>>331158287
reboot or sequel to call of cathulu on modern systems
>>
>>331158287
A game like Rainbow Six or Sniper Elite, but with material and biological simulation down to the molecular level.

Meaning, NPCs don't die because a bullet reduced someone's hitpoints, but the system is actually modeling the target's blood flow and nerve activity.

Likewise, bullets don't just appear at the end of a barrel with velocity and bullet drop, but the system actually simulates all the gunpowder burning, and it's exact impact on and through a target. Gun jaming isn't a random number, but simulated wear and tear and physical impact on the dozen little metal pieces inside the weapon.
>>
I've always wanted to play a game about sword fighting with deep and complex mechanics and a high skill ceiling. Probably the closest i have found is something like Jedi academy or Chivalry.
>>
>>331165304
Every try Die by the Sword?
>>
>>331163731
wait......isn't this the start of true detective
>>
>>331165816

No. It looks kinda janky but i'll give it a go, kinda reminds me of Exanima.

Know of any other old games that might scratch this itch? I've already tried Severence.
>>
Titanfall but in full virtual reality.
>>
>>331158287
Sissy simulator.
>>
>>331159128
I want fully immersive VR, not some shitty screens close to your face
>>
>>331158287
Shonen Jump vs Capcom.
>Asura vs Jotaro Kujo
>Ryu vs Goku
>Ruby Heart vs Luffy
>Zero vs Himura Kenshin
>Captain Commando vs Tsuna Sawada
>Dante vs Nube

Holy shit, so many posibilities. It should be developed with Eighting tho.
>>
>holodeck technology
>replicator technology
>immersed in a game that is part Mass Effect, part FTL, part Civilization, part Deus Ex
>emphasis on travel and exploration
>dangers in space
>loyal crew
>braving the universe one jump at a time
>>
>>331163731

Isn't there a new Call of Cthulhu game being made though? I heard there was, might have to look into that a bit more.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.