[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 1451580330074.jpg (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1451580330074.jpg
2 MB, 1600x1200
What does /v/ think of this game?
>>
>>331037542
Criminally underrated by neo/v/. 9/10
>>
Probably one of the most surprisingly good games I've played before. Gameplay was fantastic, combat (despite being an Bamham clone) felt good, driving felt responsive and some of the races were awesome, story was genuinely interesting, characters were memorable, and goddamn the music and radio selection was amazing.

I played Sleeping Dogs and GTAV in the same year and genuinely enjoyed Sleeping Dogs way more. I was seriously disappointed when they announced that shitty MMO thing, which I think got canceled a while back. Funny, I played this and Dragon's Dogma in the same year, fucking loved both of them, and they both got turned in an MMO no one really asked for or wanted.
>>
File: Jackie.png (245 KB, 553x706) Image search: [Google]
Jackie.png
245 KB, 553x706
>that feel when you couldn't save him
>>
>>331038414
>Save him from being buried alive
>Literally the next day he gets gutted

At some point you're just meant to die. Christ.
>>
>>331037542
Pork buns/10
>>
>tfw no sequel

Why did they fuck it up so bad?
>>
>>331037542
The old lady just eat one enemy human person on the story. And one just explode with a bomb.
>>
That Halloween and Kung-Fu Island DLC was awesome
>>
Main story is entertaining but the rest of the game is repetitive as fuck. It's the same side missions/events/etc over and over.
>>
the DLC sucks ass
>>
File: 1457787121508.png (230 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1457787121508.png
230 KB, 640x360
>>331037542
>Had a fascination with Hong Kong while everyone else loved Japan/Tokyo
>This game comes out, and upon playing it, I stopped coming to work for a month, even going to the doctor to get a bullshit sick note from him and faking the symptoms of sudden onset chronic migraine
>Game ends and I just kept fucking around in the open world for weeks on end
>Dat music
>Dat atmosphere
>Dat environmental fightan
>Dat combat drivan
>Pretty much listened to the Sleeping Dogs OST exclusively for a year
>Even my Cantonese girlfriend asked me what the fuck my obsession was with it

>1 year later I go to Hong Kong
>It's nothing like in the game, and disappointingly boring
>Dirty food everywhere
>INDIANS
>People spitting in the street and acting like literal niggers
>Corrupt police stopping you on bullshit driving offences so they can get dat cash money bribe
>On the plane flight home, I see they announced a sequel
>It's going to be an MMO with nothing to do with the game

And that's why I don't have passion for anything anymore. The world lies to you enough and you just give up on it.
>>
>>331038979
OPINIONS
>>331040796
>>
the story gets a little up its own ass after the wedding mission, but it's pretty comfy to drive around.
>>
>>331040928
>fascknation with Hong Kong
Literally why

I love LA in games but I know it's a shithole formthe most part.
>>
>>331041749
It just seemed so magical and cool.
>>
Looking forward to trying this eventually, the fighting looks slick.
>>
>>331037542
I liked that they actually made songs for the game. Atmosphere was pretty cool.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqc-nwhbexY
>>
Pretty good, but it felt short and there wasnt much post game content.
>>
>you can throw melee weapons for a one hit kill

Is that why there was a shitty tutorial about throwing a coke can halfway through the game? Because it wasn't all that clear you could use it to murder people
>>
>>331041593
the pacing went to shit after the wedding. it was perfect up the that point.
>>
>>331043170
It used to be magical and cool..
>>
>>331037542

It's okay. Bit short. The gunplay was really jarring in comparison to the melee combat. Not a lot of postgame content, and it's not that fun to screw around in.
>>
>>331037542
Was great until every fucking mission became a third person shooter. Last boss is a QTE. Fantastic aside from that.
>>
better gta
>>
>>331040928
It was an English colony. You should have expected it to be like London.
>>
>>331040928
I felt the same after watching Chungking Express. What I'd give to live in Hong Kong in the 80s/90s
>>
The game's only real flaw is that there's not really any replay value. It's heavily story-focused, but that story is great and so is the game. Loved the shit out of it, definitely my game of 2012.
>>
>The mission where some gangsters come and try to fuck up the nightclub
>When you first open the door you see a guy holding some woman as a bodyshield and trying to shoot you
>If you shoot the women Jackie asks what the fuck you're doing
>If you manage to kill the guy without shooting the woman Jackie says nice shot or something like that
Its the little things.
>>
>they put an undercover cop who single handedly ruined an entire organization and slaughtered a score of its rivals back on the street as a beat cop

HKPD are terrible
>>
>>331038535
POAK BOUNS
>>
>>331038512
>HURR DURR I NEED TO CLEAR MY HEAD AND WALK AWAY

Pros
>Great atmosphere and aesthetics in a rarely used location. (later ruined by an HD update) did they fix that ever?

>boss radio stations
>If you don't eat my meat buns youre not a real man
>FUCKING DOG EYES
>making guys into broth
>customization of wei is decent but you have to pay dlc for fighting styles and some cool outfits.

Cons
>shitty story written by a bunch of bongs who stole everything and mixed it up (badly)
>shitty parkour system
>the WERE NOT A GTA clone hurt is more than helped it
>shitty fighting system
>every fucking mission is WEI GETS SURPRISED AGAIN AND KNOCKED DOWN CHASE HIM USING OUR SHITTY PARKOUR SYSTEM

It had potential but of course bongs and square fuck up a good thing. 5/10
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.