[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong /v/? Did you like it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: DMC2FrontCover.jpg (33 KB, 320x454) Image search: [Google]
DMC2FrontCover.jpg
33 KB, 320x454
What went wrong /v/? Did you like it?
>>
It was the Dark Souls 2 of its time.
>>
Recently started playing this. Got to the part with infected helicopter and didn't play since then.
>>
>What went wrong
No melee weapons aside from the Strong/Fast/Standard sword
Too much emphasis on Firearms
Rather uninspired enemies
Some boss fights are just awful and not fun
Dante's personality waschanged too much
Rather easy
Bullshit cliffhanger
>What went right?
Pretty decent soundtrack
2 campaigns
Majin DT
Customizable DT (but still pretty shallow)
Core concepts and mechanics that would evolve into Styles in DMC3
Amazing final boss
Best Dante Outfit
Bloody Palace

I wasn't blown away by it but I still enjoyed it for what it was.
I liked it more than DmC.
>>
>>331020056
It was just bland
>>
too easy
the lock on system took away from the fluidness of the combat

i thought it was okay, i borrowed it and beat it in an afternoon
>>
>>331020056
I've only played 3.
Is 2 still too easy in the higher difficulties?
>>
>>331020056
I remember years back when the HD Collection came out and I was playing through all the games and knocking out all of the achievements.
When I got to DMC2, the graphics actually looked pretty good, almost in a way kinda cel-shaded.
It was weird.
Either way, I remember not caring too much about DMC2, but I actually got into it.
Yeah it was more focused on spamming the guns, and there really wasn't any combos with swords.
I didn't like how you have to beat a mode with both Dante AND Lucia to unlock the next one.
Also they added in that bullshit Very Hard mode before Dante Must Die mode, which was just padding.
Unlocking Trish and getting your moves from DMC1 was great, cuz I didn't really like Dante's new moves.
Plus you could put down the Sparda and fight with your fists like with Ifrit.
I ended up using her on Lucia's levels, since Lucia wasn't very fun.
All in all, I did enjoy it again and getting all the achievements for.
It's not AS bad as everyone makes it out to be.
>>
>>331020237
This.
>>
>>331021448
>Plus you could put down the Sparda and fight with your fists like with Ifrit
Aww man that was my favorite weapon in dmc 1
>>
>>331021657
Yep.
You get all the combos and moves from the first DMC with Trish, including Ifrit.
Since you can use her in either Dante or Lucia's campaign, I used her in Lucia which made the game a lot more enjoyable.
I'd go as far to say she's the best character to use out of all three of them.
At least in Bloody Palace.
Her Devil Trigger lets her fly if I remember right, and she shoots yellow electric balls which is pretty overpowered.
Sucks cuz I guess in the European version, there's a cheat to have unlimited DT so you can fly in a corner and spam that attack for all of Bloody Palace.
In the American version there isn't the cheat, so you gotta git gud and beat the Palace legit.
The Palace is bullshit though, and there's like 9999 floors.
>>
>>331020056
The gameplay was too shit. Really liked Dante's design & his colder personality though, the best out of all 4 imo.
>>
What went wrong with what? You didn't post anything. You might want to file a bug with support.
>>
>>331021657
>dat 10/10 cutscene when he attained Sparda's true form
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcPs5DYwW8I
>>
>>331022760
Holy shit this game looks cool.
>>
>>331022689
are you retarded?
>>
>>331023193
I don't see anything either.
>>
File: Nightmare- .jpg (19 KB, 195x152) Image search: [Google]
Nightmare- .jpg
19 KB, 195x152
>>331022291
Oh yeah, I do wanna add that Trish sucks underwater.
In Lucia's campaign, she has an underwater level and an underwater boss fight, so she gets some crossbow to use underwater.
If you use Trish underwater, you use that Nightmare weapon from the first game, which sucks in this game.
It can't aim for shit, and it bounces around, so it hardly hits anything underwater.
It's the only level I'm pretty much forced to use Lucia, since she's only good for underwater fighting.
>>
Everything was slow and the areas were too open so you ran around a lot doing nothing. All the weapons were just variations of the same sword.

>Big short sword
>Long weak sword
>Normal average sword

Most of the bosses had to be killed by guns and trying to fight them with melee is annoying because Dante was slow and controlled like ass.

>Tanks

Everyone was boring and Dante acted the same the whole way through. Boring from start to finish.

Too many flying enemies which forced you to use guns because air melee combat was slow and became even worse with bad camera angles, DMC should just never to flying enemies in general because even the angel things in 3 were annoying.

I'm sure there is more but overall it was boring and i did not like it. Had to force my self to finish it because i don't like having unfinished games to own.
>>
It was okay.

I think the biggest problem was the levels were just too fucking big. They didn't need to be anywhere near that size. And the enemies (especially the bosses) weren't designed to fight in areas of that size, so they were really easy to cheese with projectiles. DMC1 also had really good projectiles but the areas were also a lot smaller. Plus 2's areas looked really boring and drab, 1's were a lot more interesting.

That and there's just not enough moveset variety. Dante gets four different guns but only one sword (and two palette swaps that just change the stats a bit). I don't even know how you're supposed to get S ranks for the missions, getting proper combos is too hard. Even Dante's air combo barely works. Surprisingly, I found Lucia to be more enjoyable because she was slightly faster, and her air combo was a lot more reliable. Plus her projectiles weren't quite as overpowered.

The plot also made no goddamn sense, Dante would end a mission in one area and start the next one somewhere completely different with no explanation. And apparently it's piss easy for him to get into Arius' building the first time yet the second time it's somehow way harder? Nothing was fucking explained. Even playing Lucia's campaign barely helped at all.

I will say that Dante's character was not raped like people claim it was, he was just a bit boring. He had his moments, he just wasn't quite as wacky as his DMC1 self, he was a bit more mellow. Lucia had the potential to be an interesting character but her story was just so laughable and hamfisted and her voice acting was so bad, it was hard to care.
>>
>>331024181
I think the whole point of DMC2 Dante's personality is he's older and hardened.
He's at his strongest in that game, and he toned down his cocky humor.
He still does have his moments.
Like when Dante shoots Arius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7Y8WhHG6O0
>>
No, it's worse than DmC. At least that's functional as a bland action game.
Reminder that Capcom released this, PN 03, Megaman X7, Battle Network 4, Dino Crisis 3, and Resident Evil Dead Aim all in the same year. I guess that was the year of Capcom just not giving a shit
>>
>>331020056
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TresMCXdeO4

There's just no excuse for something like this...is that game even canon?
>>
>>331025216
I think Capcom tiptoes away from DMC2, since DMC3 and DMC4 take place before DMC2.
If they really do release this alleged DMC5, I'm pretty sure it will also take place before DMC2.
Maybe after 4.
After all, at the end of DMC2, Dante is stuck going to Hell.
Making a game about Dante in hell would leave no characters, so no Trish/Lady/Nero.
Possibly Vergil if he's in Hell somewhere.
>>
>>331020056
>Piss easy
>Boring
>Firearms too strong
>Slow
>No unique melee weapons
However DMC2 Dante is the most handsome Dante
>>
>>331025169

>No, it's worse than DmC

Seriously, at least DmC is fast, especially since it has turbo mode. People who say DmC is worse are either trolling or just delusional.
>>
>>331020056
>what went wrong
How old are you??? Explaining it would be like telling you what renting movies was like. There's no point.
>>
I honestly liked it. Sure it lacked major gameplay features, but it was alright. There werent any other types of melee weapons unless you played as ketchup girl. Other than that, the graphics and new animations were beautiful, the combos were stylish especially ebony and ivory, the devil trigger was at it's finest, most music was pretty good. I dunno, its a good game, probably not a good dmc sequel but it gets a little too much shit
>>
>>331026194
Yeah, as a fan of the main DMC series, DmC isn't as bad as people make it out to be.
I don't want a sequel, but the gameplay was there.
Honestly, they should have just called it something else.
Then again I don't think it would have been known as much if it was a new IP.
Most people who talk about DmC is because it is a Devil may Cry game.
If it wasn't, no one would talk about it.
>>
I tried to like it but in the end I was just trying to convince myself it wasn't a total waste of time.
I beat Dante's campaign and that was it.

The soundtrack was amazing, and both TDE and Bolverk deserved to be in another DMC game.
TDE is fucking clearly a DMC3 boss that got in the wrong game, and Bolverk has the core aspects of a good 1v1 humanoid boss, but the fucking disgusting camera angles kill his fight.
Trismagia was "okay" too,, for a TPS boss.
I mean, besides the fact that DMC shouldn't be a TPS.
>>
File: DMC2_-_Lucia_01.png (593 KB, 980x1611) Image search: [Google]
DMC2_-_Lucia_01.png
593 KB, 980x1611
Honestly 2 is my favorite. I'm still pissed they didn't bring back Lucia for the HD remake of 4. She was best girl.
>>
>>331020056
>no other DMC game with animated hair
why is that
>>
>>331027120
Wouldn't make sense since Dante didn't meet Lucia at the time.
Honestly I don't think we'll ever see Lucia again.
>>
>>331027120

DMC2 was so forgettable in general that I totally forgot she was even a playable character in the series.
>>
File: 1452903695683.gif (3 MB, 250x130) Image search: [Google]
1452903695683.gif
3 MB, 250x130
>>331025169
>DmC is functional
>>
File: bayonetta-2-logo.png (567 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
bayonetta-2-logo.png
567 KB, 640x360
>>331020056
I liked the remake better
>>
>>331028001
Ive seen the same kinda crap in DMC 2 when i played it.
>>
>>331028001
Every fight in DMC2 feels like that.
>>
>>331028001
Everyone knows in the ancient art of Katana that you never attack first.
You wait til they strike and then you tip your fedora and counter.
So this is highly accurate.
>>
>>331029139
>>331029192
It is literally broken though.

DMC2 is a bad game but at least it's not incredibly buggy to the point of being unplayable sometimes. And DmC had like three releases and the ability to patch to fix their shit.
>>
Admittedly, I thought some of the animations for Dante looked neat, and how he had one hand on Rebellion, and another on one of his guns.
Neat little detail.

Also was kinda fond of his combat grunts.
>>
>>331026062
I dunno I think they could make it work. Have Trish follow you in there, you've obviously got Virgil and there's plenty of scope for enemy/side characters inspired by the Divine Comedy.

Heck, if they play it right it could be the Dante's Inferno we were promised.
>>
>>331030615
Yeah, I can see them pull it off.
As long as they have all of their team there and not rush it out like DMC4.
>>
>>331030615
I think the plot would be to rescue Dante. You start out with Nero and find Vergil along the way.

If Trish and Lady didn't come along they could at least be some sort of codecs and get used for the inevitable special edition.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.