[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is this any better or different to Hatred?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: cover12.jpg (478 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
cover12.jpg
478 KB, 800x800
How is this any better or different to Hatred?
>>
>>330997237
Art direction, pacing, performance, controls, soundtrack and speed of the game are all better by miles, I'm sure I skipped over some other aspects too
>>
>>330997237
Have you played either?
>>
entirely different tone, setting, gameplay, pace, and not to mention HM's soundtrack gives it so much of it's unique flair and style. Haven't played Hatred but the differences between the two are apparent just by looking at their color schemes. HM is vibrant, colorful, with hot pinks and cool blues, the screen flashes vividly upon a kill, and bright red blood is spattered everywhere.

Hatred on the other hand is grey, monotone, flat, dull, washed out, which also seems to be indicative of it's slower paced twin stick shooter gameplay.

they're hardly comparable outside of sharing the twin stick shooter genre.
>>
Why did Hatred get infamy for it's violence but HM didn't?
>>
>>330998783
hatred is not even violent
>>
>>330998783
Because in HM you're killing russian gangsters who fight back and not innocent people who don't
>>
It doesn't have an A rating and is fun
>>
>>330997237
Are you absolutely retarded?
>>
>>330997237
context you fucking autist
>>
>>330997237
Well there's the matter of the fact, that they are two completely different games with no overlap other then you shoot guns at people.
>>
>>330998783
because Hatred was marketed for being excessively violent, the unmatched degree of realistically portrayed violence was a major selling point of the game. Compare an execution in Hatred to HM, and how the two styles of the game influence the way the death plays out. "Enemies" in Hatred have fully rendered innocent civilian models which are brutally stabbed, shot, burned, etc, and they often react in genuine ways. HM simply can't capture that level of realistic violence with the pixel art style and bright colors.
>>
File: Hotline cop.jpg (294 KB, 629x618) Image search: [Google]
Hotline cop.jpg
294 KB, 629x618
Is this the same shit HM1 'promotes violence' thread that keeps cropping up?

OP you're like 4 years too late you fucking faggot.

Also Around, Turf main and Remorse are the best tracks
>>
[loaded question]?
>>
File: Penguins.jpg (760 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Penguins.jpg
760 KB, 1024x768
>>330998783
It was marketing, Hatred drummed up it's own controversy and a few videogame "journalists" fell for it, but only in editorials and blogs.
>>
File: image.jpg (228 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228 KB, 667x1000
Posting bestest detective
>>
>>330999248
>Around
Check. You missed Roller Mobster and Divide though. Knock Knock is best track from 1.
>>
File: 1bY5Z3v.png (3 MB, 1068x2000) Image search: [Google]
1bY5Z3v.png
3 MB, 1068x2000
>>
[spoilers]Run is the best song[/spoiler]
>>
>>330998956
Neither of these examples are "people", they are fictional creations that are rendered in a videogame.
>>
>>331002670
>Run
That's a weird way to say New Wave Hookers
>>
>>330997237
it's better than hatred in every aspect
even if you argue about the graphics i'd say Hotline Miami is better as it is befitting with the style, Hotline Miami accomplishes everything it meant to do while Hatred does,... nothing.
>>
>>331002670
Sexualizer, Divide, and New Wave Hookers are all superior
>>
Is Divide the new Run?
>>
>>330997237
Hatred didn't have the genius serial killer the Miami Mutilator. It also didn't featurr the toughest, most thick skinned detective this side of the hemisphere Manny Pardo.
>>
If Le Perv isn't your favorite song then [spoiler that's OK because every song is incredible.][/spoiler]
>>
>>331002838
You're right but that still the reason. If the fictional characters were criminals or nazis or some other group you're allowed to hate, no one would've given a single shit about Hatred
>>
File: edge.jpg (23 KB, 789x201) Image search: [Google]
edge.jpg
23 KB, 789x201
>>331002838

They are fictional creations of mafia thugs and innocent people rendered in a videogame you fucking edgelord
>>
>>331005480
>i am incapable of being pragmatic when talking about fictional creations
>>
what would happen if they made a hotline miami 3D
>>
>>330999549
I hope he catches that damn genius criminal mastermind The Miami Mutilator one day
>>
>>331002670
>>331004195

Jesus Christ, you two.
>>
Voyager and Bloodline most underrated
>>
>>330998783
HM is fun
>>
Jacket had a hard life
>>
>>331006225
It'd probably end up shit or 7/10 at best, the pixelated top-down 2D violence is more than half the game's charm
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.