[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Counter Strike
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
1.6 > GO > Source

This is indisputable, isn't it?
>>
>1.6
>not 1.5 and earlier
Shitstain
>>
>>330990356
I love all the CS games and played all 3 for hundreds of hours, but I have to say GO is my favorite simply because of weapon balance. Its still the same sort of shit where (AK>M4)=AWP, but the other weapons feel balanced for their roles. In 1.6 there wasn't that balance, every weapon that wasn't best rifle, AWP, P90 or Deagle (Ignoring auto snipers because fuck those) was practically useless in comparison. Even on eco, why buy a TMP over a Deagle? Why buy the pump action? And don't get me started on how shit the Fiveseven is, a gun that is meant for armor piercing in the first place. Don't get me wrong, 1.6 is fantastic and will always have a place in my heart, but GO beats it out slightly for me purely on the weapon balance. Source was entertaining for a little while when it came out, but fuck those heads were massive.
>>
>>330990429
>I'm a babby who never played either spouting memes
Fucking publord shitters like you should not be allowed to live. The money system revamp in 1.6 easily made the game one of the best if not the best team based multipalyer games.
Before that snowballing was way too hard to stop but it's not like that affected you on your as_tundra and shit.
>>
1. Source
2. 1.6
3. Condition Zero
4. Deleted Scenes
5. Battlefield series
6. Call of Duty series
7. Global Offensive
>>
>>330990356
I'd rank GO at the bottom for pretty much killing the custom content community and adding in microtransactions.
>>
>>330991161
I'm upset about the custom community as well, but I don't really mind the microtransactions. Any microtransaction system based purely around cosmetics doesn't bother me at all, because its all just visual. Its hilarious to get some shitter on your team or the enemy team that has a 1000$ knife but plays like shit.
>>
>1.6

Lemme guess, you've got a shit computer from 2002 and you're from Brazil, right?
>>
>>330990864
>source
>good
stop
>>
>>330992557
Source was the best, sure it needs a grenade damage buff, but it is fucking perfect. Is only CS_assault was popular, i don't know why it isn't, it was my favorite map in 1.6
>>
>>330992610
>source engine
>competitive multiplayer
It's a fucking floaty trash. Games you want to play competitively are supposed to look and most of all feel clean, not full of visual noise and feel like you are walking of fucking marshmallows.
This is why 1.6 was so good, it was based on a quake engine.
>>
>>330992757
>floaty trash
M8, did you even play? That shit was smooth, crisp, cash money, my man. I'm talking ragdoll physics at it's god damn best. That game felt, and looked so god damn good it was unbelievable at the time. It played better, sounded better, felt better than any other CS in the series, and the mods were the best. It had better zombies, the jail mod was awesome, surf maps were better.
>>
>>330992927
You are braindead, I'm done talking to you.
>>
i didn't get to play Source much, but i liked what i did play.
1.3 and 1.5 were the best for me. had the best times on LAN and was at my highest skill-wise.
i had Cal-I aim and was good at communicating, but was terrible at everything else, especially decision making.
>>
>>330992982
You are stuck in the past man. We can all say Global Offensive is shit, but to say Source is anything but Counter-Strike at it's purest, and best is retarded.
>>
>>330993209
Source is so much fucking worse than GO every was.
>>
>>330992610
>play 1.6 for the first time in a while, look for assault servers
>90% of them have mods that don't let you shoot through walls anymore
>people just sit at the front of vent hopping with a shotgun
>get banned from the only server that actually lets you shoot through walls
1.6 players are babies now
>>
>>330993243
>m-muh modern micro transactions make the game better
>m-muh weapon wheel
>m-muh R8, m8.
>>
File: getright.webm (639 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
getright.webm
639 KB, 1280x720
I had hopes for GO and it felt like it was going in the right path at times, but its too fucking inconsistent. Just generally how it feels and moves and the models being fucking tiny makes everything way too random. Watching pros struggle with it too just discourages any enthusiasm from me.

Imagine if spray patterns were more consistent? We'd see plays like this more often and the skill ceiling would grow.

The game's a catwalk for skins
>>
GO > 1.6 > Source > CZ
>>
>>330990356
Nah.
1.6 > Source >>> GO
>>
>>330992515
No, anon. He's just probably not an underage like most of /v/.
>>
>>330993627
I said GO is shit and I like 1.6. GO is still better than your babby shit game.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>330992439
All of that shit was free and higher quality in older CS games.
>>
>not playing CS:Nexon zombies
>not ignoring the Zombie gamemodes and playing 1.6 for free
>not playing CS1.6 with 200 weapons with their own recoil, bullet amount, damage amount, animations, and features
>not wanting to use a pistol that turns into a pump action
>not wanting to use a g36c in 1.6
>not wanting to use a burst fire m16 in 1.6
>not wanting to use a deployable machine gun like in Day of Defeat
>not wanting to use an MX8 that doubles as a assault rifle and an autosniper

Its like you dont even like fun.
>>
>>330994664
>people would rather play cs:go than all those gamemodes in CS NZ

THEY HAVE ATTACK ON TITAN AND MONSTER HUNTER GAME MODES

THEY HAVE NAZI ZOMBIES MEETS MINECRAFT BASE DEFENSE

THEY HAVE EVERYTHING

sucks only brazilians play, but at least the connections are fine since its based on NA servers.

Tfw its not even p2w :^)
>>
>>330990356
Yep 1.6 is the best by far and the pinnacle of the game. And arguably one of the greatest shooters ever. Seem which Cs you prefers is a great faggot detector.
>>
>>330992557
Its not the best but it is better than GO. What i dont understand is that the hit reg was poor on source so Valve decided to make another game on the same engine. The reg is still poor even on 128 tick. If you shoot 5 bullets at a wall holding M1 they go straight up in a line, so really if i was too shoot at a model it should kill them. So why do i end up having half a clip left after shooting at someone then finding out i hit them 4 times out of the 15 rounds.
>>
Source is the best CS. Best movement, hitboxes, weapons, speed, everything.
>>
>>330990356
im fairly new to cs but I feel like I would've got bored of 1.6 after 100 hrs due to no competitive ranking system..
>>
>>330996103
Valve didn't make GO
>>
>>330994572
You can still add in skins to use if you so desire. All the microtransactions do is let morons with too much disposable income support the game. I have no problem with that.

To be clear I'm not trying to argue with you, its a reasonable way to see the situation. I'm just trying to have a discussion on /v/, for some reason.
>>
>>330996332
Well whoever did obviously didn't look at the flaws of CSS on the Source engine.
>>
>>330990356
GO beats them all purely because it has a ranked 5v5 matchmaking service inbuilt
>>
>>330993627
>m-muh weapon wheel
>m-muh R8, m8.

>Not setting up your own number pad buy binds because any edition of the CS buy screen is lacking.

Step it up.
>>
>>330996623
Hidden path
>>
I would rather play call of duty ghosts than play anything de m besides surf on GO
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.