[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What vidya did/do you play with your dad, /v/? We only played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9
What vidya did/do you play with your dad, /v/?

We only played a little bit together during the PS1 era where we played NCAA football, Army Men 3D, Bloody Roar and Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi. One time he beat me at SWMoTK and I called him a cocksucker, because I didn't know what it meant. He didn't get too mad cause he realized I learned it from him.
>>
>>330902471
When in reality you're the one who was sucking his cock, right?
>>
>Dad introduced me to Halo 1 with the demo disk when I was 6
>We played through it together nonstop
>Finally get the game
>Halo 2 E3 reveal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkCgDIhUJmQ
>Maximum hype
>Get Halo 2
>Get 360 for Halo 3
>Get ODST
>Get REACH
>Starting to lose interest in Halo, dad still loves it though
>Get Halo 4
>It is a massive turd
>We played through it together Once
>Dad buys Xbone for MCC
>We played through it Taking turns because Bone controllers are overpriced
>Halo 5 is revealed to not have split screen co-op
>343i not only ruined a franchise, but a decade old father son tradition
>Dad buys Halo 5 anyways.
>It's got decent multiplayer but overdesigned armor and shit campaign.
>>
>>330902891
damn i wish my dad and I played halo together. he could never get used to the multiple joystick configs; he only ever played to make me happy anyway.
>>
File: 1457964761094.jpg (22 KB, 405x405) Image search: [Google]
1457964761094.jpg
22 KB, 405x405
Not vidya but we play hide and seek a lot still looking for him
>>
File: 1452292623979.gif (997 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
1452292623979.gif
997 KB, 500x332
>>330903348
>>
>>330902471
>having parents that play vidya
>>
He really liked galaga for some reason. I remember him playing it a lot when I was younger.
>>
>tfw playing Mechwarrior 2 with my dad as a kid
>thw when my dad has good taste in vidya
>>
My dad was a piece of shit and never cared about my games or played with me.
>>
>>330902471
My mom would play the difficult stages in sonic for me. She also stayed up all night playing link to the past while me and my brother watched.
Shes pretty chill.

Dad lived pretty far away. I never played any games with him.
To this day he struggles using a computer.
>>
File: herbivore teeth.jpg (16 KB, 321x216) Image search: [Google]
herbivore teeth.jpg
16 KB, 321x216
>>330902471
whats wrong with that kids mouth?
>>
I tried having my dad join me playing LotR:RotK. He got bored pretty fast though and I didn't ask him to play with me since then.

I was actually home over christmas and he saw me playing Dark Souls. He told me that it looked like a game for children. I didn't know how to answer without going full sperg and rant about call of duty and it's player base
>>
one of my earliest memories is my dad playing blades of steel with his brother and they would get drunk and eventually get into real fights like in the game. when i got older he played mario kart 64 with me.
>>
File: ludwigtheholyblade.jpg (89 KB, 455x608) Image search: [Google]
ludwigtheholyblade.jpg
89 KB, 455x608
>>330904005
>having parents that watch cartoons
>having parents that go to amusement parks
>having parents that play catch
>implying playing vidya means theyre as dedicated or devoted as "le ebin gamers"

I'm sorry your parents hated you, Anon. I guess you should make up for it by shitposting on 4chan.
>>
>>330904414
Are his teeth upside down?
>>
>>330904535
what anime am i looking at here ?.
>>
File: reddit.jpg (12 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
reddit.jpg
12 KB, 443x332
>>330904535
>>
>>330902891
5 doesn't have co op split because of the 60fps meme. They built the game around holding 60fps at all times so the console peasants who can't even tell the difference can try to brag about finally getting another game at 60fps.
>>
>>330903863

Seriously he's such a good hider ;_;
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 476x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 476x480
>>330902471

I'm a bit older than most anons, but my dad did play some vidya. Loved duck hunt and later on, lethal enforcers. Doesn't care for most modern game outside of MGSV which he thought was neat.

Only game I remember playing him at was Mortal Kombat 1. He wanted to make sure it wasn't too violent or anything with all the controversy around it. I knew some moves with scorpion from a friend and tried to beat him - and he seriously kicked my ass. Was not even close. He laughed and said I could play it own my own because I needed to get better. I was so mad that I don't think I touched the game for the rest of the rental period.
>>
>>330902471
>Sonic 3
>Tekken Tag Tournament
>Soul Calibur 2, 3, 4, and 5
>Starcraft 1 and 2
>Warcraft 3
>Metroid Prime 1 and 2
>Zelda: The Wind Waker
>Tetris
>Mario Kart Wii
>Timesplitters 3
>Halo 2
>Star Fox Assault
>Tiger Woods 03
>Nascar 03
>Mario Golf

Man, those were good times.
>>
Bout a year ago, I tried coaching Dad through Far Cry 3. I dunno if it was cuz he only played sports vidya or legitimately never touched an FPS, but he was having trouble with basic movement.

He also kept walking up to every cute NPC chick and acted like he was mackin' on them. He has no problem saying vidya and cartoon ladies are hot. One of these I'm gonna play Street Fighter and see what he says about Poison...
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.