[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"This remake is pretty terrible - but it could be worse,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: ff1 ff2.jpg (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ff1 ff2.jpg
33 KB, 500x500
>"This remake is pretty terrible - but it could be worse, I could be playing the original NES versions. Those have to be a million times worse."
>mfw I find out that the GBA games are almost exact 1:1 remakes of the NES games except for a tiny few modernizations like being able to save anywhere

So does Square actually legitimately think that these games are perfect and that none of the systems/stories needed to be updated? Here's an example of the games bad design:

>Earth Cave with the vampire boss fight
>Have to go through 3 stages of bullshit maze caves and horrible random battles
>Once the vampire is defeated(and I don't mean the Lich guy), you get a ruby and have to leave, which means means going through the same thing 3 times
>Then once you give a ruby to a giant and talk to an old man, you have to go BACK to the vampire caves and go down the same 3 levels just so you can then go into even MORE maze caves

Obnoxious backtracking like this is unforgivable.
>>
>>330869730
Go away you autistic failure.
>>
Real 3 was the first good final fantasy, then 4 then 5 then 6 then 7,8 is questionable, 9, 10 is good game but not good X game, 10-2 is neat ONLY WITH NO EXPECTATIONS, and finally 12. 15 looks like gay kingdom hearts shit.
>>
Everyone knows the original Final Fantasy games are shit.

The first one is shit because the characters have zero personality, zero motivation for what they do. They're just faceless "heroes who save the world." Lame.

The second one has fucktarded mechanics and the leveling/exp/training system is completely retarded. Plus the writing is shit and the characters are only a single step up from the original. FFIII isn't much better either.

The truth is that Final Fantasy didn't start getting good until FFIV, took a nosedive back into shit territory with FFV, then reach its peak with FFVI and FFVII.
>>
File: 1309142711280.jpg (21 KB, 340x321) Image search: [Google]
1309142711280.jpg
21 KB, 340x321
You guys ever been to one of those deathmatch classic servers lately? It's scary as shit when bots post pre-made messages of have never ending conversations that are still going on to this day if the server is up.
>>
File: 1384144801361.jpg (290 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1384144801361.jpg
290 KB, 1024x768
>>330869730
FF1 is a classic dungeon crawler, so it didn't need an elaborate story because most of the fun came from the difficulty. And therein lies the problem: the NES version is much harder than DoS and any version after it. There was no magic spam since there wasn't any MP, just limited castings Your attacks are wasted if you have multiple characters attack the same enemy and the first in turn kills it, so you have to know roughly how much HP each enemy has and how much your guys are doing. Levels only go up to 50, meaning that there's about twice as much time between level ups. Backtracking wasn't just an annoyance, you had to plan ahead and make sure you had enough potions with you, and sometimes you'd have to turn back in the middle of a dungeon before supplies run out. It's a shame SE started pandering to casuals like you and gutted most of what made the original so good.
>>
How's gba tactics compared to the original?
Any good?
>>
It's been like 5 months. I'm surprised this copypasta is still going strong.
>>
>>330869730
DoS's I is literally the best FF and arguably the only one worth playing.
>>
>>330871367
It's alright. Not a remake, completely different game.
>>
>>330871604
ps1 remake>psp remake>gba remake>classic

pretty sure all the other ones are ports of those 4.
>>
I've seen this copypasta before.

Still needs to be said though, that this is an easymodo version of the game watered down for babies and the guy who originally posted this toss STILL couldn't handle it. What a soft cunt.
>>
>>330871367
completely different game
if you're gonna play it, I suggest you invest in assassin class as early as possible
>>
Been a while since I've seen this thread.
>>
File: wol-015.jpg (106 KB, 553x640) Image search: [Google]
wol-015.jpg
106 KB, 553x640
>>330872176
This.
The PS1 version is pretty much just a graphical overhaul of the NES version with some slight fixes but retains the difficulty.
PSP version is the GBA version with even tougher extra content. Also, dat remixed music.
>>
>>330872176
What's so special about the PS1 port?
>>
>>330875180
>retains the difficulty
Except it removes the tight inventory restrictions, so you don't have to choose between stats and spellcasting equipment anymore. You can just carry every single piece of equipment you find.
>>
>>330875312
doesnt change MP system to babby modo
>>
>>330875395
Huh.

How did the D&D system work?
>>
>>330875590
limited number of spell charges per level every day

no recovery items
>>
>>330869981
>Gameplay? What's that? Let me jack off to incredibly bad JRPG stories instead!
You are the problem.
>>
>>330875637
>answering obvious bait

when he made the effort to single out V being shit it was pretty evident already brah
>>
>>330875615
Wouldn't that be exploitable just by dropping and picking up the game after every single battle?
>>
Giving the characters a MP pool makes magic actually useful in FF1.
>>
>>330875719
No? The only way to recharge MP charges was to rest on the INN.
>>
>>330871192
This. FF1 has more in common with games like old school Wizardry than it does with modern JRPGs. It's a resource management game that requires you to pay attention and know your limits because if you don't, the game has no qualms about killing you.
>>
>>330875719
What? He meant every ingame day, which basically means you have to sleep at an INN to get your magic back.
>>
>>330875780
No it doesn't, instead it makes buffing overpowered because the limitation on its use kept it from destroying the game AND the remakes that use MP also jacked up enemy magic resistance across the board so direct damage spells are useless.

Fuck you.
>>
>>330875867
>>330875806
Huh. Never knew that.
>>
>>330869730
>being able to save anywhere
Cancer
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.