[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix Morrowind?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: mZuroLe[1].jpg (105 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
mZuroLe[1].jpg
105 KB, 1024x768
How do we fix Morrowind?
>>
increase movement speed
fix retarded combat rules; not even D&D do you get the MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS shit you get in MW
better graphics

there fixed.
>>
>>330862141
OpenMW v1.0
>>
>>330862141
With mods.
Combat, characters being information vending machines and maybe movement speed are my only real issues with the game, otherwise its still the best Elder Scrolls. I think the reason so many people seem to hate it these days is because Morrowind refuses to hold your hand and expects you to learn how build a good character from the start, which is admittedly a bad idea. Until you understand the systems the game uses you're either going to select one of the fucking terrible premade classes or create a useless custom one.
But I still think the newer games in the series fucked up harder.
Oblivion ignored the lore by turning Cyrodil into generic English countryside instead of the vast jungle its meant to be, and making everything level up as you do was a massive mistake. You nerfed yourself heavily if you leveled anything that wasn't combat related. Also bandits in full daedric? Fuck off.
Skyrim was more fun than Oblivion but Bethesda forgot they were making an RPG and removed all the stats and attributes outside of having health fatigue and magicka. The combat may not be MISS MISS MISS MISS anymore but it still sucks at this point anyway.
>>
>>330862141

Dude. There's nothing to fix. It's an old game. Don't like it, don't play it.
>>
New character models.
>>
>>330863518
a quest marker might be nice too.. but not absolutely necessary.
>>
>>330863518
>Oblivion ignored the lore by turning Cyrodil into generic English countryside instead of the vast jungle its meant to be
>Tiber Septim CHIMing the jungle away from Cyrodil.
no lore inconsistency there
>>
>>330863750
>a quest marker might be nice too.. but not absolutely necessary.

Anon go grab some ice and dunk your balls into it until they turn blue.
>>
>>330863827
he's right senpai
>>
File: 1428557952998.jpg (20 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1428557952998.jpg
20 KB, 256x256
>>330862287
>he doesn't select The Steed as his star sign
>>
>>330863750
Nah mate they just need to make the journal directions more accurate and EXPLICITLY tell players to check their journals often.
>>
Give NPC's schedules, including traveling
>Some more NPC's in general could be good
Make the Fighters & Legion quest line more than go to this cave/tomb, kill and/or talk to this dude, return, repeat.
Make block actually block more than 5% of the time
>>
>>330863969
I've picked it every time I tried to play Morrowind just because I hate how fucking slow I am at the start of the game and it's still insufferable.
Even with the steed you base running speed is a bit less than the normal move speed in most other first person games.
>>
Add more than two songs to the soundtrack.
When I step through the Ghostgate for the first time and walk into a place that looks like Mordor with shittier weather, the background music should not sound cheerful and relaxing.
>>
>>330863969
>he doesn't take The Tower and rob everyone's shit
>>
>>330862141
Play D&D. At least combat will feel less janky.
>>
>complaints about movement speed
>not upping magic resist and wearing the boots
>>
>>330864160
Boots of Blinding Speed, but have magic resist when you equip them
>>
>>330862141
Have places respawn world items and containers, don't think a mod exists for the former.

Otherwise I like everything as is.
>>
>>330862141
I think we all need to collectively acknowledge that the learn-skills-by-doing-them system only works right if all your skills get used in roughly the same way. It's fine for weapon/armor skills because they're all different ways of doing the same thing, but then you get to things like athletics and speechcraft and you're either forced to grind or you'll learn the skill whether you want it or not because you can't avoid doing it.
>>
>>330865113
Learn by doing also only works when failure doesn't eat through resources. Alchemy and enchant are a pain in the ass to level.
>>
>>330862141
>m-miss miss!
>it's too slow!
>I have to read too much!
2000s kids: the thread
>>
>>330862287
Miss takes the enemy's ability to dodge as well. It makes sense to miss a lot when your weapon skill is shit and the enemy has good agility.
>>
>>330864647
>>330864756
>you can never play an argonian or khajit, lest you lose the ability to rely on a workaround for a problem that shouldn't exist to begin with
>>
>>330862141
I don't like pure dice roll combat system.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.