[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on the Wii U. Should I get a Wii U or a PS4? Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
Redpill me on the Wii U.

Should I get a Wii U or a PS4?

Is the pro controller necessary? I kinda hate how I have to shell out $50 to get a regular controller (not to mention that the mandatory tablet probably adds $100+ to the pricetag)
>>
>>330783632
Ps4
>>
>>330783632
It all comes down to the libraries so you should check which one has more games you want to play. Personally I think the Wii U has more games worth playing right now, but I wouldn't expect a lot of support for it in the future so you'd have to get it assuming the games that are out and the few that are pending are the only thing you'll ever get on it. PS4 has an underwhelming library right now but it should be getting support for a couple years more so it might be a better long time investment, though it's a gamble.
>>
>>330783632
With a Wii U, you wont be forced to pay for online features. Unless you wanna play smash, you can manage with the gamepad or if you had a Wii just use its controllers. Yes, i have a Wii U myself...
>>
>>330783632
This isn't hard, OP. Generally, if you have a good gaming PC, a PS4 is a bit of a waste, at least for now. There are some exclusives for it, but not very many at the moment. The Wii U is a pretty standard Nintendo console. You like Nintendo's first-party stuff? You like the Wii U. In my own opinion, the Wii U is more worth owning at the moment right now, but I'll probably get a PS4 in the future once the library is more fleshed out.
>>
>>330783632
It mostly depends on what kind of games you like. Personally, I picked up a Wii U a couple of months ago because it has way more games that I'm actually interested in playing than the PS4, at least at this point.

But keep in mind that the NX might be announced soon, so if oyu don't have much diposable income waiting for ne winformation on the NX or getting a PS4 might be the better choice in your case as those systems will definitely get support for many more years to come.
>>
If you have a PC, Wii U.

If you can only have one PS4.
>>
Get a Wii U or X1.
The Wii U is a nice console but its days are limited.

PS4 is literal a glorified multiplat machine with abysmal online services and a shit controller. It also heats up like a gas powered stove.
>>
>>330784157
But the Bone is the real multiplat king. It's like Microsoft already has given up on console gaming/console exclusives.
>>
It not "necessary" but it is a lot more comfy. Check out Nintendo's online store for refurbished products/consoles.
It depends on if you want the PS4's handful of great exclusives, or Nintendo's 3-4 great exclusives plus maybe about 10 or so more other decent-good ones.
Despite what /v/ consolewar babbies will tell you it all depends on your preference
>>
>>330783632
If you like jrpgs then ps4 no question.
I sold my WiiU.
>>
>>330783632
upgrade your pc
>>
>>330784603
except they're only going to pc not ps4
>>
File: alicia-vikander-04.jpg (534 KB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
alicia-vikander-04.jpg
534 KB, 2000x3000
>>330783632
>hould I get a Wii U or a PS4?
PS4, but Wii U is also worth owning.
>Is the pro controller necessary?
Pretty much, its really a great controller and the tablet can be annoying for some games.
>I kinda hate how I have to shell out $50 to get a regular controller
Yeah it does suck.
>>
I own a pro controller and I hardly ever use it. Didn't even use it for bayonetta. Shit isn't necessary to own at all.
>>
>>330783632
do you like E for Everyone games?
Do you like Nintendo games?
Do you have a gaming PC?
Is the answer is 3 times yes, 100% get the Wii U.
If its 2 times, 70% get the wii U.
Is the answer only one yes? Depends. Is it the Gaming pc yes? Get the Wii u. Is it the Nintendo yes? consider the Wii U.
For everything else, get the ps4.

I can only say that I have been dissapointed with mine (not a Dark Souls fan).
>>
>>330785560
shhh!
Xbox/Playstation babies cant handle a different format when it comes to gaming. Hence why they refuse to own a gaming pc.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (173 KB, 1694x682) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
173 KB, 1694x682
>>330785687
the wiiu is shit and nintendo games are for babies such as yourself
>>
>>330783632
>I kinda hate how I have to shell out $50 to get a regular controller
You can regularly find them on sale. I got 4 at $20 a piece, well worth it at that price. I say wait until they go on sale again.
>>
File: 1455642081182.jpg (4 MB, 1525x5800) Image search: [Google]
1455642081182.jpg
4 MB, 1525x5800
>>330783632
>Should I get a Wii U or a PS4?
Check a list of games of both, see which one got more games you might like. I don't have a PS4 list.
>Is the pro controller necessary?
No. It's a very good controller but I am satisfied with the gamepad.
>>
>>330786074
>Nintendo Land

Why did they remove this from the market?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.