[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why has their never been a life simulation MMO? Games like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 1277x720) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 1277x720
Why has their never been a life simulation MMO?

Games like Animal Crossing and Fantasy Life are huge and make shit loads of money.
>>
>>330746435
Second Life already exists anon
>>
Cuz i poopy my doopy lol
>>
>>330746435
This is the age of Combat=$$$

Game devs are so worried about making the combat in their games fun and engaging (Which they often fail at) that they forget to make any other part of the game good.

In Fantasy Life (A single player game) you can spend 100+ hours JUST being a crafter. As long as you go out and find the mats, you can just dedicate yourself to crafting the best items out there.

Why would you do this?
Because it's FUN crafting things in the game.

In any other game, you just hit a button and "Poof" there's your item. In Fantasy Life, there's an actual game in crafting the item. The better you do in the little mini game, the better the item is. This allows something that other games never allow for:

Player skill

In the games where crafting is just hit button>get item, player skill holds nothing in what item is made. This makes crafting boring.

Hell, fishing is probably one of the most intense roles in Fantasy Life.

MMO devs just won't make a game like we want, OP.

When all you want is a simple game and all you get is a combat centric action-MMO, you end up depressed.
>>
>>330746435
>>330748081

Tell me if I'm wrong here, but aren't you guys just asking for a better RuneScape?

Like, RuneScape with Mini Games and player housing? Maybe Legend-of-Zelda style combat? (One button swings weapon, other button blocks/other skill)
>>
>>330748381
Actually, yeah. That'd be perfect.

You'd have to make the world a little more interesting (Maybe caves to explore just for fun and forests you can really get lost in) But, yeah. That's the game I want.

The only thing keeping me from enjoying runescape is what this guy's talking about:
>>330748081

To mine you just click on stuff, to craft you just hit a button. Nothing big going on.
>>
>>330748547
This has been my complaint with RuneScape as well.
>>
File: 20141111150312!The_Nail_Icon.png (216 B, 40x42) Image search: [Google]
20141111150312!The_Nail_Icon.png
216 B, 40x42
>>330748381
You hit the nail anon.
Now don't become a demon, please.
>>
>>330746435
Minecraft tried this but we all know that went.
>>
>>330750101
That's because there's no real progression system. You can get max-level gear in two hours.

On top of that, any attempt to implement a progression system now will have players in an uproar.

On top of that, everything's way to simplistic. The only time you ever die if you're not being retarded is if some serious bullshit happens.
>>
>>330750317
Well if people cooperated too in real life and weren't greedy and abusive as hell, real life would be easy too.
But humans gonna be assholes.
>>
>>330746435
Japan would probably do it if it were anime based
>>
>>330750746
Why haven't they? It seems stupid not to.
>>
>>330751812
give em time, I fully expect them to make basically something like SWG but in a highschool setting where classes are clubs and shit, but add in some content for some of the "fun" clubs which basically playout like those shitty golf and other sports mmos that are fairly popular in asian countries for some reason.
>>
File: 20130106034349a0dd6hdskjd2svmr.jpg (358 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
20130106034349a0dd6hdskjd2svmr.jpg
358 KB, 1600x1200
>>330746435
>implying

I 100% bet you weren't around for this gem you underage faggot
>>
>>330752028
oh and open pvp with the in school rules being self moderated by student council or some shit, basically a mix of bully,anime and open world mmos
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.