[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you guys hate this game,i played through it in a day and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Max_Payne_3_Cover.jpg (71 KB, 283x398) Image search: [Google]
Max_Payne_3_Cover.jpg
71 KB, 283x398
Why do you guys hate this game,i played through it in a day and had a blast, I've also finished 1 and 2 and loved them. Personally I think Max Payne 3 was the natural next step for max, I happen to love the Brazil setting.
>>
>>330712958
maybe you didn't played max payne.1 and 2
that was the real shit. in this game you can't do shit. the ai is shit, interaction is shit, game is shit. i hope you torrented this.
>>
>>330714705
I don't think this guy played 3.The AI was fucking phenomenal.

This game is amazing for the technology alone. The main reasons it gets flak are the unskippable cinematics/load times and
>muh grimdark noire
Both are valid. Personally I didn't mind the BR setting and felt it made the NY sections that much more enjoyable.
>>
It's a great game.

>shooting enemies' brains out feels satisfying >the way you carry the guns either on your hand or your holsters
>the shootdodging/bullettime
>collecting clues & golden gun parts
>looks great on PC when MAXed

What I didnt like about it was how there was an unskippable cutscene almost every time you go to the next room, the story was nowhere near the level of the original games (yes, even 2). None of the characters besides Max were written like the ones from MP1&MP2

The gameplay and technology were great, the story sucked.
>>
>pre rendered cut scenes every 5 minutes
>find a nice rifle and some pistols, cut scene plays, max now has one micro smg and a half empty pistol
>doors lock behind you at every turn
>blatantly plagiarized story

the rooty tooty was very fun and shooty and it had some really good music. most people will tell you its a great shooter but a horrible max payne game.
>>
>>330715176
i have. but it felt so plain and rushed. i dont really mind the ambientation. but come on it's a disaster.
>>
>>330715571
>Really good music
Damn right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DHePkZcAnc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNO2cI7B-Q8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEH_LSL4rVw
>>
>>330712958
story was lame as fuck rockstar didnt have the balls to kill off max payne
>>
>>330712958
it's a shame that remedy didn't took part in this game.
>>
>>330712958
This. The setting works.

What is better?
1) Knowing you don't have Sam Lake to write the story so you try to emulate his style and fail horribly.
2) Knowing you don't have Sam Lake to write the story so you go in a different direction and make the game like a gritty early action movie to go along with Max's character progression as he gets older.

The second option was the better way to go by far. Doing a half-assed Lake impression would have been a fucking disaster.
>>
File: Max visits the Doc.png (582 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
Max visits the Doc.png
582 KB, 750x750
>>330712958
I love all 3 games, but 1 and 2 are on a tier of their own, and 3fags are really fucking obnoxious in the sense that they always say 3 is the best especially in the combat, but always fail to point out why when push comes to shove. all I ever hear after making comparisons between the two are "well, 3 just sounds and feels better, so it is"
>>
File: whatiplayed.jpg (369 KB, 1008x1226) Image search: [Google]
whatiplayed.jpg
369 KB, 1008x1226
>>
I love all three max payne games.
the reason I love three is you can kill fucking
brasilians. he needs to either have a sequel with more brasilian killing or go to argentina so I can kill some argentians.
>>
RE6 > Max Payne 3 > Vanquish > Everything else.
>>
>>330712958
The gameplay is very fun. It's a shame it's interrupted frequently by oft-unskippable cutscenes and transition moments.

Also the story was a bit too RockStar-styled punk-politik edge compared to the classy noir or the other games in the series.
>>
>>330712958
Good shooter, bad Max Payne game, and this is the first Max Payne game I played. Only now I decided to play the other two and I had blast, Max Payne 2 is gold, they should have used the bullet time from that game.
>>
>>330716981
>Also the story was a bit too RockStar-styled punk-politik edge compared to the classy noir or the other games in the series.
Max Payne 3 is basically Man on Fire 2: Max Payne is a GTA Character now Edition.

MP3 is a great game with a compelling story. It's probably the best game Rockstar ever made. MP3 is the first game in the series where we see Max as a man who truly has nothing to lose. A man driven by a mixture of righteous fury and self destructive tendencies.
>>
>>330717283
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiNHpol9L80
>>
>>330717563

wait this is max payne 3? it's gta

>>330717283
>>330717563 <<<<<<<<<<
>>
>>330712958

Actually I think its pretty good, good ending for the poor max in my opinion.
>>
LOVE
>>
>>330712958
I just wish the multiplayer scene was bigger
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.