[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 460x215
What went wrong?
>>
>rng out the ass
>HOW QUICKLY THE TIDE TURNS
>cool aesthetic

nothing really, you get more than you pay for IF you know what you're getting into
>>
It's still a great game but there's perhaps a bit TOO much RNG type shit to the point of being silly

also classes are really unbalanced, they're always either unbelievably shitty or really good.
>>
>dumpster fire story line
>not possible to bond with one hero as they die
>game is more about managing your children than fighting
>insanity is implemented poorly as you must swap out your favorite heroes, and bullshit mechanics all but assure that you must have 2+ teams running (gee what fun)
>classes are poorly defined (Jester, Witch Doctor).
>gear doesn't change cosmetically
>feels like I am playing the SIMS and not a turned based strategy (each 'hero' is a bitch).

All said, the exploring aspect can't overcome the fact that this game is a tavern manager, with some strategy combat as an afterthought
>>
Not enough dungeons.
>>
I don't mind the rng so much, my biggest problem with it is some of the game mechanics are questionable to say the least. For example, your characters can go hungry one turn after you stuffed them full of food. Also, the game pretty much forces you to run multiple teams, which kind of ruins the RP aspect of the game.
>>
>>330681056
git gud
>>
File: 1452209694968.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1452209694968.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
>>330681056
>tavern manager
What an idea
>>
How do you guys feel about the Antiquarian? I think she's fucking stupid, why put effort into making an entire hero just to have her be a passive accessory to the party where that same amount of time and effort could've gone into making a genuinely cool and useful hero?
>>
Too linear and RNG based. It forces you to grind.
>have 4 level 4 guys
>ooops, can't use any of them because they're all stressed and have millions of debufs :^)
>have to hire level 1 guys and grind level 1 dungeons that you've already finished dozens of times
Who designed this shit?
>>
>>330680451

> JRPG style combat system

It was doomed from the start and people couldn't see it over the notMignola art.

The grind and RNG just sealed the deal.
>>
>>330681564
>play game for hours just to get heroes to a suitable level to fight in Champ level dungeons
>throw apprentice heroes into the meat grinder to get money to get the ridiculously expensive upgrades for said level 6's
>Level 6's are just as vulnerable and lose them just as often if not more so in hard level dungeons as rookies would be in an easy dungeon
>Game is just a tedious cycle of banking money and hours into individual heroes just to have them not survive a single Death's Door roll against a club skeleton or get rushed down by a pack of rabid dogs

Yeah it stopped being fun after medium dungeons
>>
>>330680451
A victim to this spreading corruption.
>>
I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea. If you think more of it as a Hero Manager with Dungeon Crawling instead of a straight up Dungeon Crawler, that might get you more to the right mindset. I guess most people bought it expecting something like a dungeon rush that can be completed with one party. I mean most you can probably do is complete the game with 1 unique version of each class now that you can keep exactly 16 Heroes now with the Stage Coach Upgrade

>>330681564
>>330682213
>Grinding instead of ballsing it out by going on missions that offer less risk
I mean, you kind of did it to yourself by repeating apprentice missions over and over. Most you'll really need for a Champ Dungeon is Max Skills and Level 3 Gear and after you get Max Gear it gets much easier to handle.

>>330681523
I get 15K on Short Runs with her, she's pretty alright when you're still on the Early to Mid Phase of the game.
>>
>>330681523
literally like a merchant support class from what I've heard.

I don't know. maybe they should do something similar to the occultist so they have a different mage class. they already have like 5 warrior classes.
>>
>>330683043
>If you think more of it as a Hero Manager with Dungeon Crawling instead of a straight up Dungeon Crawler

that depends. it's a typical wizardry game at is core and in there you can switch between parties as well if you want to. same thing with the newer stuff like Etrian Odyssey and Elminage. the only difference is that you're not forced to use different groups but instead have to create each and everybody anew.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.