[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Game gives you a bike >Shortly thereafter, Paula joins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: EarthBound_Box.jpg (39 KB, 472x375) Image search: [Google]
EarthBound_Box.jpg
39 KB, 472x375
>Game gives you a bike
>Shortly thereafter, Paula joins your party, making the bike useless

BRAVA EARTHBOUND.

BRAVA

And what the fuck was the point of the condiment system?

>Oh man, waste a slot to carry a packet of salt instead of just having another hamburger!

When I think about it, this game actually kind of does suck. For an RPG, it has no replay value to speak of

>99% linear with no side quests
>No party organization to give certain characters priority over others
>No unique equipment builds that reward smarter thinking, not harder thinking
>No way to truly test your characters skills with the lack of a new game+ feature

Would have been nice to have, but this is give or take:
>Alternate party members
>Alternate endings
>Monster/boss arena

At the end of the day, it's still a VIDEO GAME and not an "interactive experience". You don't cut Gone Home any slack(the hipsters that love Earthbound LOVE Gone Home as well), neither should you with Earthbound.
>>
File: 1453167114309.jpg (126 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
1453167114309.jpg
126 KB, 480x608
Undertale is a gateway game of the worst kind. It's a bad game, a clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and DARKNESS. The normal anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the game itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.
However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The superpowered characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the skeletons, peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole pacifist faggotry and everything about the Undertale world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on friendship, and overall preachiness of the game make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underageb& retards eat this shit right the fuck up.
Undertale is basically THE game to attract the most hated video game fanbase known to /v/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this game and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Undertale threads ever encourage the newfriends to show their faces here.
>>
>>330657363
Agreed tbqh
>>
File: 1431269629858.jpg (48 KB, 450x433) Image search: [Google]
1431269629858.jpg
48 KB, 450x433
Mother thread

I'd be down
Post all your fanart
>>
>it's still a VIDEO GAME
It has gameplay and losing states, so it's more videogames than Gone Home.
>>
>>330657127
So, I read your criticisms, and it leads me to believe that you think Earthbound was released in the past year or so.

You do realize this game came out for the SNES, right?
>>
>>330657127
That's why Mother 3 >>>>> Earthbound. It has all the same great things people love about Earthbound with none of the esoteric menus and poorly-thought-out mechanics that make EB such a chore to play
>>
Oh boy, pasta!
>>
File: 1455215751106.jpg (290 KB, 640x644) Image search: [Google]
1455215751106.jpg
290 KB, 640x644
>>330657774
I disagree

Mother 3 is way more story focused and linear as fuck.
What made the most people fall in love with EB was the sense of adventure, which got totally lost with M3's switching protags

In the gameplay section it was a straight up upgrade, there's no denying that but Mother 3 is for people who don't like what Mother 2 made Mother 2
>>
Waiter! My pasta is stale.
>>
>>330657127

http://arch.b4k.co/v/search/text/%22brava%2C%20earthbound%22/type/op/

How autistic must one be
>>
>>330657363
Saved.
>>
>>330658001
Man you only switch protagonists for the first three chapters. The three shortest chapters in the game. (Not counting 6 fuck off.)
>>
WHY ARE YOU POSTING MY PASTA
>>
>>330657127
>No way to truly test your characters skills with the lack of a new game+ feature
Okay a lot of the complaints are fine, but this one is just bitching for the sake of bitching. New game + wasn't some standard feature that was included in every RPG when Earthbound was released, and even then its not like new game + means the game was harder. Look at Chrono Trigger's new game +, it is extremely easy.
>>
File: gordon.png (399 KB, 737x555) Image search: [Google]
gordon.png
399 KB, 737x555
THIS PASTA IS STALE
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.