[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the cheeto dust has settled Is splatoon a good game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: cover_large.jpg (252 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
cover_large.jpg
252 KB, 600x849
Now that the cheeto dust has settled

Is splatoon a good game? Worth dropping $60 on? All I have for my wii u is xeno x which got boring
>>
yes
You need more than one game to make your console worth it anyway so fucking get it already. imho if you get a single console you need to own at the very least 200 games or just stick to fucking PC
>>
Did you enjoy Xeno X?

Why would you get a console for just one game? I love Xeno X, but I wouldn't have bought a Wii U just for that.

Splatoon and Mario Maker are excellent games.

Honestly i'd recommend a lot of the Wii U games people recommend on here, but I think part of the reason people say that the Wii U doesn't have any games is because its library of games is very diverse. I'd recommend Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Smash, and Pikmin 3 but those are all completely different games.
>>
>>330644749
>All I have for my wii u is xeno x
You bought a console for one game?

If you're looking for a fun MP focused TPS then Splatoon is very fun, yes. There's some things holding it back, especially limited map rotation so I wouldnt necessarily recommend dropping 60$ on it. Surely you can get it cheaper than that somewhere?

Unless you're an absolute poorfag also look into Tropical Freeze, Wonderful 101, Bayo 2, Smash, Monster Hunter and Pikmin 3.
You should always only buy a console if at least 5 games you want are released on it.
>>
So is there anything new in the full version that I haven't already experienced for free in the beta? I'm not into competitve online games in general, so even if I buy it, I'll just check out the new and interesting stuff and then stop playing. Would it be worth it for me?
>>
The game is great. Its way better if you have friends to play with, but you can say the same about any multiplayer title.

It's colorful, you've got a lot of customization options for weapons and appearance, there's multiple game modes. Only thing is that more people talk about it than actually play it
>>
>>330644982
I actually had smash4 as well, which was kind of the console seller for me, but it ended up getting stale for me. Monster hunter 3 ultimate as well but meh, I also use art academy occasionally. Xeno x was really good fun, I'll probably go back to it soon.

>>330644827
Yeah, I have a pretty good pc, ps4, ps3, and vita. My wii u is usually the one left in cobwebs since I never want to pay full price for Nintendo's games after theyve been out for almost a year now
>>
>>330645161
That's interesting. I have a pretty good PC, a PS3, PS4, Wii, Wii U, DS and 3DS. It's usually my PS4 that gets left in cobwebs, while I mostly play on my PS3 and Wii U.

I'm the same guy you were replying to btw. What do you think about Mario Maker? Are you going to get Zelda U?
>>
>>330645320
Mario is meh to me, I'd rather just play an old Castlevania or something. I do hope for Zelda U to actually release, but the way they're teasing it, it seems like a late 2017 dream.

To be honest I also got twilight princess HD recently since I havent played it since it's original release. Overpriced but my nostalgia for it took over. Having decent fun with it so far
>>
>>330645529
I view them as different. I absolutely love Castlevania and 2D Metroid like games. to the point where i've played all the old Castlevania and Metroid games, but Mario as a platformer is just different.

I don't see myself getting TP HD because I played it back in 2010, so it hasn't been THAT long for me. Also the HD upgrade doesn't look like that much of a difference.

Windwaker HD on the other hand I am very eager to play. I never played Windwaker back in the day, and WWHD looks absolutely beautiful.
>>
>>330644749

Pretty great game
>>
Just wait a couple of months for Splatoon Ultimate which includes all dlc on disc.
>>
>>330645872
There's paid dlc? Or is it just amiibo shit
>>
Eh, it's okay, just don't play it in long periods of time, you'll be bound to feel tired of the game after a while. After finishing single player, the game is best played in short bursts when in multiplayer.
>>
>>330645872
>>330646058
There is no DLC and the amiibo stuff is utterly pointless.
>>
>>330645098
shit ton of weapons compared to the 4 they let you use in the global test fire, including subs and specials they didn't have, more maps, rank mode with 3 other game modes besides turf war, able t wear clothes and gear abilities, singleplayer if you want

if the rank mode and money grind for rerolling gear doesn't grab you for the addiction, you might at least be in it to unlock most of the weapons
>>
>>330645025
>You bought a console for one game?

Not that guy, but how many people bought a PS4 just for Bloodborne?
>>
>>330644749
Get Hyrule Warriors instead.
>>
>>330647210
Nah. I cant tolerate much warriors games anymore, and when I do feel like playing one, I just play Dragon quest heroes, which is a nice change to them. No idea how much hyrule warriors changes the formula, but I'm sure its the same by the end of the day
>>
>>330647442
There's a dodge button rather than a jump one, and some of the moves have pretty interesting gimmicks, like each of Sheik's combos will have a different element to them, and if you use her C1 it will change depending on the last element you used
>>
i use the default setup and seem to consistently top score or win every time i play, yet i see everyone else talk about other setups and how theyre better

is there a different gamemode thats harder like ranked matches? i dont see any reason to change and the game doesnt seem that hard to me
>>
>>330647841
How long have you been playing for? Have you got to level 10? Jesus.
>>
>>330644749
Hell no. Repetative and boring. If Nintendo weren't jews and actually lowered the price, Id say yes
>>
>>330647442
If you like dragons heroes cause of change, I would try Hyrule Warriors too
>>
>>330645123
Kek
>>
>>330647841
That's another problem with splatoon is you have to leave a match to change weapons. Only to be put on a different fucking map which requires yet another weapon. Nintendo are so fucking behind on this sort of shit it's beyond funny
>>
>>330648483
That's only half-true in squad battles
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.