[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth getting at all or should I emulate the Gamecube
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
Is this worth getting at all or should I emulate the Gamecube one? fuck wii and it's waggle gimmicks. I never played TP so figured I may as well.
>>
If you never played TP, and own a Wii U, that is the single circumstance in which the HD remake is worth buying. Ignore the shitposts, TP is good enough that it demands that you play it, given that you like Zelda games.
>>
>>330641098
I guess the real question is why should I buy HD over an emulated GC one? is there really that big a difference?

if it's just "better graphics" that's not worth tossing 64 bucks at it. I guess there's that amiibo if I want to cum on it or whatever the fuck you do with those toys (I don't own any)

And yes I do own a Wii U and never played TP
>>
>>330641224
I mean, there's no reason to buy any game if you're willing to emulate it, and emulation exists for it.

If you want to own it, and haven't played it, buy the Wii U version. If you're fine with playing it on Dolphin, just emulate it.

Like, why would you think and HD remake of a game would be different in any way other than improved visuals? It's the same fucking game, but with improved visuals. That's the fucking definition of an "HD remake."

Like, it seems you already had enough information to answer your own question.
>>
>>330641224
Played the Wii and now currently replaying TP HD with the wife.

I'm enjoying the updated graphics, added each of use with the gamepad (skipping menus and shit).

I've noticed small shit like reducing annoying collection quests (16 tears down to 12) ect.

Amiibo is nice but if you don't collect them or love Zelda games in general it's meh.

Runs smooth, looks great. Either way play it m8. I'd grab the HD remake personally. Just trade it in later if you feel it was a waste. It'll hold it's value, keep the amiibo sealed until you decide.

Hope this helped
>>
>>330641548
>>330641468
Well if it's JUST a graphical change it's not worth buying above emulating, I assumed they added new shit or more to do or something idk?
and thanks for info guys, I was curious if it was worth it
>>
File: 1457564972004.jpg (83 KB, 1283x658) Image search: [Google]
1457564972004.jpg
83 KB, 1283x658
>>330640865
just emulate the GC version.
>>
>>330641892
Picks the darkest, most fog filled "still" image to compare.

Go emulate poorfag
>>
>>330640865
Emulate it, it's free and has 90% of what TPHD offers.

Buy it if you want worse epona, combat, and the gamepad gimmicks.
>>
File: Dolphin 2016-03-09 17-23-18-86.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Dolphin 2016-03-09 17-23-18-86.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>330641640
All of the gameplay additions are just AR codes. You're fine to emulate it.
>>
File: skyward-sword.png (2 MB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
skyward-sword.png
2 MB, 1600x900
Kinda related but does anyone have ANY decent .ini configs to play skwyward sword emulated? fuck all the requirements for waggle wii mote shit man, couldn't it have just been a regular fucking game with a controller?

I've tried emulating it with keyboard and mouse and 360 controller but I just can't get it to work right, something always fucks up with the controls.
>>
I recommend the HD version, I was thinking about just settling for the emulated game on Dolphin but my wife's physical boyfriend from Treehouse convinced me that TPHD was enough of an upgrade to make it worth the price of admission.
>>
File: what.jpg (30 KB, 492x440) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
30 KB, 492x440
>>330643014
You make a convincing argument.
>>
>>330642043
You dumb nig, he picked that area because it has a lot of particle and light effects, which taxes the hardware and shows the power of each system.
>>
hero mode improves the game immensely, and it looks a lot better, plus the tears of light has been reduced a bit

Id say its worth it, but not for the full $60

also, they fucked up Epona's control for some reason
>>
>>330643431
>hero mode improves the game immensely, and it looks a lot better, plus the tears of light has been reduced a bit
see>>330642405
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.