[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy fuck, /v/. Grounded difficulty is fucking perfect for this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: lasst_of_us_remastered_0.jpg (161 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
lasst_of_us_remastered_0.jpg
161 KB, 1024x576
Holy fuck, /v/.

Grounded difficulty is fucking perfect for this game. Why would you even want to play it on amy other difficulty setting?

TLoU thread I guess.
>>
Grounded mode was fucking amazing. Wish every similarly themed game had a setting like it.

To bad it was DLC bullshit in the first game.
>>
>>330637739
It feels pretty obvious that the game wasn't made with Grounded in mind, so to get through a lot of fights I had to do stuff that felt cheesy like running around the ai to confuse them.

The game plays more like a really clunky Hotline Miami than Uncharted when you're on Grounded and it's actually kind of cool when it works. I'd like to see somebody try and make a full game of grounded style third-person combat. At the moment Grounded mode is just generic and boring The Last of Us gameplay with goofy number fiddling stacking the odds against you, I'd like a properly thought out version of it built from the ground up to be hard. That'd be sweet.
>>
>>330637739
What's grounded? I played it on hard I think and it was good
>>
>>330641009
no more free ammo mode
>>
>>330641127
>no free ammo mode
more like no ammo mode. The game won't give you anything for any gun that's not empty. I went through the whole thing with an average of 0-4 shots available at any time.
>>
>>330640656

Is this anon right? I've been thinking about giving Grounded mode a go, but can't decide whether it'll be worth it or not.

>>330641127
>>330641327

This looks good on paper, but from what I've read, it doesn't work quite as well. In TLOU, when you expend bullets, you're more likely to have enemies drop them, so in Grounded mode you can pretty much keep a constant supply by just shooting EVERYTHING, Is there any truth to that?
>>
>>330642841
>any truth to that
yes. Grounded feels more like a cheesy gimmick than a true hardcore experience. It'll challenge you, sure. But most of that challenge can feel like a bunch of bullshit depending on how you look at it.

Killing one of the big armoured bloated ones with two bullets at the start of the fight feels great to accomplish but at the same time is a huge pain in the ass.
>>
File: 1457819935493.png (32 KB, 128x156) Image search: [Google]
1457819935493.png
32 KB, 128x156
I regret selling my copy of TLOU remastered for a measly 15$ online
>>
>>330643048

>Killing one of the big armoured bloated ones with two bullets at the start of the fight feels great to accomplish but at the same time is a huge pain in the ass.

Literally how? On my first playthrough on Normal (or whatever the equivalent is called), I must emptied every weapon I had to kill it. That was the one in the gym though. Maybe that one was stronger than the rest?
>>
>>330643052

Yep, that's a pretty shit deal considering you can have hours and hours of fun in the greatest last-gen multiplayer mode. I've been playing that since the game first launched, and still sink a couple of hours into it almost daily.
>>
>>330643615
The trick was to never stop moving because its projectiles were instant kill, then try to lure the running ones towards fagman so that he can tie up one of them and then the other one you CQC to death while fatty loads up another kidney-grenade.

As you do that you'll slowly accumulate ammo which you can empty into the bloater when you get a spare moment. It takes a while and if you lose your focus for a second you're probably fucked. Opening is the hardest part though, if you get to the point where fatty's standing in a favourable position and you can manage the newcomers to farm their ammo it's decent.

The part with Ellie in the snow was the real test.
>>
>>330637739

Grounded Mode is the only way to play TLOU. Game is trash if you're playing anything under survival mode.
>>
>>330643847
>The part with Ellie in the snow was the real test.

Good, I love that part and I imagine that's a logical place to have some actual difficult. What kind of difficulty is important though. Tough but fair, or cheap and frustrating?
>>
>>330644287
Two fat bloater guys trying to fuck you up with about five times as many runners in a less open area that's harder to maneuver in with only one ally instead of two.

You're going to have to get really good at handling bottles and bricks if you want to get through that.
>>
>>330642841
No, there is no truth in that. I used all of my bullets before that section where Ellie covers you with the rifle and was forced to only use shivs to do the entire area.

Seriously can't recommend playing Grounded enough, I've cleared it 4 times and I'm always happy to go back and replay it
>>
>>330645032
So, do you just not know that Resident Evil 4 is a thing?
>>
>>330637739
Can someone explain why /v/ hates this game so much? Is it because it is literally perfect?
>>
>>330646120
It's a PlayStation exclusive
>>
>>330646120
Average gameplay. Corridor level design. Poor AI. Bottle stealth. Shit ending.

Ladders.
>>
File: oh scotty.gif (910 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
oh scotty.gif
910 KB, 250x188
>game is actually good on harder difficulties you guys
>>
>>330646120
It's the shining champion of the new direction of video games. The direction of simplified (dumb) gameplay, empty flash, pretentious writing and aggressive marketing.
>>
>>330645317
I was actually going to say it reminded me of RE4 days but honestly couldn't be bothered with the shitposting regarding the comparison
>>
Hows the multiplayer for TLoU on ps4? I only recently got it on ps3 but multiplayer is dead. Is there still a sizeable online community for ps4?
>>
>>330646987
Resident Evil 4 and The Last of Us seems like a very appropriate comparison to me. It's like a perfect case study of pre and post-normalfaggot invasion video game design.

The old game fast, responsive, light-hearted and became a beloved masterpiece that is still regularly played to this day. coolgameeverybodylikes/10

The new game is slow, groggy, grim and sold like nuts and received countless awards, most of which I'm pretty sure were made up purely for the sake of giving TLoU even more accolades than it was getting. citizenkanetier/10

Ashley is more endearing than what's her name from Meme of Us.
>>
>>330648018
>I didn't play TLOU
You sound like a faggot
>>
>>330648119
>>330648119
I did. At the start you find a guy with a broken gas-mask who you shoot, Ellie's knife one-shots everything during her winter segment, bow is ultimate weapon, molotovs fuck up the fat armoured zombies and the guy in the town at the start of the game turns out to be gay.
>>
>>330648018
I've never played Re4. I'll have to pick it up and be disappointed
>>
>>330648018
>coolgameeverybodylikes/10
newfag
>>
>>330648018
> Ashley more endearing than what's her face

Yeah you probably don't have a console to play TLOU
>>
>>330648258
Do I need to go take a photo of my balls resting on my PS4 before you'll believe me?
>>
>>330647604

Yep, play it every day and I have no trouble connecting to full servers. Get it while it's still hot!
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.