[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>download trial >install game >uninstall game >download
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1
>download trial
>install game
>uninstall game
>download trial
>install game
>create character
>play for 20 hours
>have a good time

I fucking hate this player base
>>
>Get character to max level
>Make new character
>Have to do 100+ quests between the end of ARR and the beginning of HW
>>
>Game is a perpetual "It'll get better" throughout the entire game
>It's actually true
>No brakes
>Eventually it has to get worse
>>
>download trial
>pick arcanist
>"HOLY FUCK THIS IS BORING AS FUCK"
>uninstall
>Try again with friends
>pick Puglist
>"Ok this is a lot better"
>50 levels later
>"Holy fuck these bosses are great"
>10 levels later
>Bosses still great
>6 months and 6000 wipes on A3S later
>"where's the new content"
>new patch
>finish new patch in 2 weeks
>nothing left to do but grind tomestones again
>unsub
>uninstall
Why do I even bother with MMOs anymore
>>
>>330633440

>pick Puglist
>"Ok this is a lot better"

... what? You mean 1>2>3 a>b>c, the class? There's no depth to the rotation at all and most groups won't even expect you to do anything but tunnelvision because otherwise your DPS suffers a lot.
>>
>buy game
>want to get to the place where all the players are
>finally get to level 50
>endless quests to complete and long queue times to wait through
it's like if wow made you do LFR of all the raid and dungeon content of every expansion before being allowed to move on to the next one
>>
>>330633605
Considering the first experience I had was spam ruin for wet noodle damage with shitty pet. Yes it was better. I mostly played BRD at end game
>>
>buy game
>playing for 24 seconds
>wipe at a7
>log off

Fuck these casuals
>>
>download game
>thaumaturge
>play for 5 hours
>uninstall, resub to WoW
>3 years later
>resub
>pick archer
>still playing
>actually fun and cozy
>>
>>330633776

sounds like a good thing imo
>>
>>330633814

>spam ruin for wet noodle damage with shitty pet

... you did spread your DoTs, right? Which is a good 60% of the arcanist's damage?
>>
>>330631619
Tried to do shiva extreme today. We wipe twice. everyone left after the second time. Fuck them all
>>
>>330634065
>trial
I only played until lvl 15 or so. Those first 10 lvls were torture. After lvl 10 it felt like I was playing a shitty gimped afflic warlock.
>>
>>330633605
The positional shit alone make it more attentive. NIN and DRG make me fall right to sleep and still get comms.
>>
>>330633440
>liking pug more than arcanist

how
>>
>>330634274
At least you had to move around while spamming your shitty skills.
>>
>tfw can't tell if you dislike a job because you find it to not be fun or if you dislike it because you're bad
>>
>>330634203

>I only played until lvl 15 or so

You get 2 DoTs by level 10.

You get one of them at level 2.

>>330634226

>NIN and DRG make me fall right to sleep and still get comms

Comms mean literally nothing. People will give them out just to get their weekly sheckles. Dragoon has positionals, too.
>>
Doesn't the very fact that the player base call them 'rotations' speak words about the depth of the combat system?
>>
I can't imagine what hitting endgame is like for new players now. Coil and the earlier primal exs felt like a gradual build up of no-nonsense fights and growing lists of phases and mechanics. Now that so much of it is nerfed to the ground with echo and ilvl Alex savage and seph ex must be rude fucking awakening.
>>
>>330634589
two positionals

heavy and chaos, otherwise you can just sit in a spot and just hit shit for free damage

FREE

DAMAGE
>>
>>330634625
Most jobs have a priority system instead of a rotation. Or at the very least, the rotations are loose and change from fight to fight.

The only static thing, usually, is your opener.
>>
>>330634589
DoTs dont make a class interesting. You put your 2 dots and spam ruin that's it. I still felt like I was doing awful damage, and starting with a different class only confirmed it. ACN is absolutely atrocious at low lvls.
>>
>>330634779
Doesn't get much better in terms of feeling at level 60. The damage is fine and all, but doing most of my damage through DoTs and another chunk through pets doesn't actually make me FEEL like I'm doing good damage.

SMN always feels like a struggle to put out decent numbers unless the fight is AoE heavy, and then it turns into not blowing through your Aetherflow too fast. AoE fights are shit though because then there's just more pressure on you to do everything for your group.
>>
>>330633440
>Played a single game for 6 months.
>Man why do they suck.

Jesus. How.
>>
>>330634349
didn't level past level 10 general
>>
>>330634779

So were you using DoTs or did you just ignore them?

And solo I'd say puglist/monk is the absolute worst for damage output for 3 reasons. 1: Needing to build GL stacks which amounts to 35% of your damage output. 2: No reliable spammable AoEs (Only Ninja is worse), and 3: No positionals, losing another ~15-20% of your potential damage output.
>>
>>330635152
>monks are the worst for damage output
But they have some of the best single target damage? They're boss killers.
>>
>>330634924

if you like, put all of your dots on a training dummy. that number that scrolls out of it indicating damage is all of your dots ticking at once, added up. made me feel better knowing they were melting, even if large chunks only disappeared during ruin 3>fester>KABOOM
>>
>>330635259

So you're just going to ignore the first two words of that statement being 'And solo', are you?
>>
>>330634958
What does this statement even mean? Most of those 6 months were pretty good fun bosses, good progression, then you hit the wall of A3S which isn't a fun fight and a chore to show up for because you know it's gonna be hour after hour of wipes because everyone isn't 100% perfect 100% of the time. That's when the fun breaks down and you wish for something new except they spent 6 months developing a month max worth of actual content and not fluff shit.
>>330635152
Yes I used DoTs and I didn't play solo with puglist
>Try again with friends
Which is also probably the reason I liked it more. Sorry that I shit on your favorite class but it doesn't really fucking matter.
>>
>>330635347
I know stuff is melting, I just prefer more active abilities over passive, like a BLM's Fire. I played BLM forever so it's what I'm used to.
>>
>>330635413
1st one shouldn't be a problem once you know your job.

Second one, go take a look at the DPS rankings for all melee DPS in Savage A2.

http://www.fflogs.com/rankings/7#boss=19&class=Global&spec=Monk
http://www.fflogs.com/rankings/7#boss=19&class=Global&spec=Ninja
http://www.fflogs.com/rankings/7#boss=19&class=Global&spec=Dragoon

Monks on average achieve higher AoE DPS in that fight. So even if they have no spam, I guess it doesn't matter?
>>
>>330635595

The first one is very much a problem when you're going through the MSQ, and unless you have perfect balance off cooldown (which isn't even an option until level 50, isn't it?) you've got to build up those GL stacks.

Doesn't help that it's easy to lose them between trash pulls in dungeons as well.

>Solo
>AS2

Anon, I hate to break it to you, but you don't do AS2 solo. In fact, you do it with a group.
>>
>>330635853
Ahh yeah I misread twice. My mistake. I should go to bed.

For solo it does kind of seem like Monk would be a pain in the ass. Don't they get something in the later levels (besides Perfect Balance) that helps them gain stacks faster?
>>
>2 Final Fantasy XIV threads up
The shilling is real.
>>
Why would you even want to be the Healer in a PVP match? All the blame will go to you, even if it wasn't your fault. Tanks cant defend shit and DPS dont know how to attack the player with the 1 symbol marked on them.
>>
>>330635965
>people like game
>post thread about game
>FUCKING SHILLS FUCK OFF
>>>/trash/
>>
>>330635956
Adding on to that, ACN/SMN/SCH is god tier for solo leveling play. It's literally god mode.
>>
>>330631619
Early ARR was the best time to play the game.
>>
>>330636045
If there's a thread up already there's no need to make another thread, thank you for redirecting Yoshida's threads to /trash/ though.
>>
>>330636115

philo tome farming and waiting 30 minutes to get into AK even with a full party was not a good time

not to mention being barred from Titan HM because you didn't have 3000 hp. i used vit accessories to get in
>>
>>330636115
Agreed.

Oh man Twintania.
>>
>>330636115
>early MMO was always the best time to play
No shit, that's true for any game. It's when people know nothing and not everyone is a complete asshole to each other because everyone is learning.

Now there's a guide for everything, and if you don't know it on day two of content release you're getting kicked from groups or people are being cunts in duty finder.

Fucking hate this game's community.
>>
>>330635956

They add a tiny bit more burst damage post-50 (Plus an extra off-cooldown AoE, which helps) and you have form-shift which means you can get a stack of GL on the first punch, and it makes it slightly easier to sustain GL with nothing to hit.

Still pre-50 it can be rough. I've leveled a PGL/MNK, CNJ/WHM, THM/BLM, MRD/WAR and ARC/SMN/ARC (yes I have a lot of alts). Monk was, and still seems to be (when I do treasure maps, anyway) the slowest damage output solo.

But for boss fights, no doubt they're huge damage.
>>
>>330632232
>Make new character
why
>>
>>330636314
How were WHM and WAR while leveling?
>>
>>330631619
This thread sucked the first time it was posted.
>>
>>330636237
For me there was a community, server was active, people helped each other willingly for fights like Hydra or Chimera. But yes, tome farming was bad.

>>330636256
Going into Coil for the first time was a great experience.

>>330636265
Eh, I agree to an extent. The problem for me is they removed any sort of community by putting everything into the goddamn duty finder. The gear treadmill got worse and all you do is get your lock outs done and that's it.
>>
>>330636417

MRD/WAR was alright. Quick queue times for dungeons and while soloing they have a decent enough AoE, especially with berserk. Hard to sustain, though. Having some self heals is great, too.

CNJ/WHM was the second worst in terms of leveling, I think. But even then there's the relatively quick queue times and aero + stone/stone II is 'decent' damage output in cleric's stance. And when you get Holy well, it's awesome. it was even more awesome before the nerf, but still pretty good.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.