[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Citizen Predictions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: star-citizen1.jpg (407 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
star-citizen1.jpg
407 KB, 1920x1080
Is there any hope for SC, or has scope creep killed it?
>>
>>330599789
As again in like a year and you might be able to get some good answers. They have a lot of cash to burn before there will be any problems.
>>
>>330599789
Fanbase and anti-fanbase has killed it. Fanbase asked too much too soon and caused delays. Anti-fanbase can't stop criticising the game's development and fanbase.

Had Roberts just not given people a fucking soap box to shout from, I feel this could have been a great incremental update type release. The stuff we're getting in the game is the stuff that was planned for later stages as long as the money came in. People wanted it on release and made a big deal out of it, more or less forcing the devs to try and shit out as much content as possible and rush things. Rushing things is how you get a shit game.
>>
>>330599789

Still laughing at people who think they would have gotten a game after only 3 years of development. Give them some time lmao
>>
Flight model has really shitty HOTAS support. What they have isn't bad, but it isn't really fun either.
>>
>>330600849
to be fair they have multiple devs teams across a number of countries.
>>
>>330600882
This so much. It's what keeps me from even touching it. It just isn't any fun to play with HOTAS. The flight model just feels weird.
>>
>>330601143
>>330600882
I think they are going for a clone of Freelancer's controls, which was completely geared for KB+M
>>
>>330599789
This trash is vaporware, if you want a good space game just wait a couple of months for No Man's Sky
>>
I'm about to buy a game package
Convince me not to
>>
>>330601482
>NMS
>good space game
Elite Dangerous is the closest thing SC has to a competitor, NMS isn't even a proper space game
>>
>>330601482

>No Man's Sky

would rather neck myself desu senpai
>>
>>330601547
Don't buy it, preorder No Man's Sky
>>
>>330601547
2 words : Elite dangerous
>>
>>330601547
Does setting fire to your money sound fun?

If it doesn't, then don't buy.
>>
File: 1453780464394.jpg (87 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1453780464394.jpg
87 KB, 960x720
>>330601732
kek

this game is a disaster that was rushed out thinking SC would actually release on the original scope deadline.
>>
>>330601732
Fuck you dad, Elite: Dangerous is shit
>>
>>330601732
Already played it
Boring as shit, nothing to do, ships are ugly, also I'm not paying 60$ so I can land on planets
>>
>>330601732

Play X3:AP It's the same game but good
>>
>>330601969
>Boring as shit, nothing to do
>why is my classic style space sim a classic style space sim?!?!
You may be looking for Call of Duty
>>
>>330602446
>being this much of a dad
>>
>>330601969
Its not $60 to land on planets

Its $60 to land on rocks, and another $60 if you want to land on planets
>>
>>330602446
>classic
Thats a nice way to say grossly outdated and poorly designed
>>
>>330599789
Most likely it will be a failure if they don't stick to core modules and put up an eventual release.

FMV like cut scene videos they've put out for Squadron has been ok, potential multiplayer gameplay has been good and it wouldn't be too far of a reach to consider they'll nail the story aspect.

The netcode for what they want to achieve, the only equivalent I can think of is Planet side 2 for large scale engagements. So the technology should be feasible, but the problem stems from not showing test footage of them pushing the fuck out of the game, or workable capital ships.
They are working with the ships inside out slowing down the process, but I feel like it's the way of Skyrim modding. too much shit and it all just crashes.
>>
>>330602446
COD 1 & 2, + MW1 were really good. Elite:Dangerous is a sack of potatoes in its genre.
>>
>>330602446
>You may be looking for Call of Duty
For a moment there I thought I took a wrong turn and was on the official ED forums.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.