[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mega Man thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: 1123.png (92 KB, 303x347) Image search: [Google]
1123.png
92 KB, 303x347
What's your favorite Mega Man game? Which game is the essential game for people looking to get into Mega Man who haven't had the pleasure of playing it while growing up?
>>
I like the classic series in general, I can't pick a single game as my favorite. The first Mega Man X is good stuff, too.

If you're looking to see what the series is all about, play Mega Man 2.
>>
>>330386182
Classic or in general?

Mega Man 6; I really like the story and narrative design. Powers are the best too.

Mega Man X is best game though with Mega Man Legends 2 as a close second.

Best choice for new players... play Mega Man X first. If they like it, play the X2-X6. If it's too easy, play Mega Man 1-6. If THAT'S too easy play Mega Man Zero.

If X is too hard play Mega Man Legends 1 & 2. If they hate all these games and want more RPG elements, play Battle Network and Star Force.

If they don't like any of these, fuck off.
>>
Classic: 3
X: 1 and 4
BN: 3
Legends: 2
Zero: Collection (or 2)
>>
Series needed more waifubots and less shipping when they did show up.
>>
File: 3-hard.jpg (60 KB, 508x413) Image search: [Google]
3-hard.jpg
60 KB, 508x413
How does this guy freeze you in the air with an earthquake?
>>
>Classic
Wily's Revenge
>X
X5
>Zero
>ZX
A
>Legends
>BN
>SF

>All time favorite
Battle Network 3 White. You heard me.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 522x484) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 522x484
Mega Man 5 and Mega Man 7 are my favorite classic games.

Come at me faggots.
>>
File: 1423594492938.jpg (220 KB, 1309x574) Image search: [Google]
1423594492938.jpg
220 KB, 1309x574
>>330386182
Favorite game is still X4 and the X series is my favorite overall.

For newcomers, I suggest Megaman 2. It gives all the basics on the series and has a decent pace. After that play Megaman X. The X series is a great step up in design and presentation following in the footsteps of the original series.

If they like the platformer style then the Zero series and ZX series are excellent follow ups to the X series and all follow the same timeline.

If exploring and adventure is more their style, Megaman Legends is a perfect answer. To completely rip-off HideofBeast's description, there's a "dreamlike quality to playing Legends." It's a complete deviation from the platformer style Megaman is known for but it still works beautifully.

Lastly are the Battle Network series, which again take Megaman in a whole new direction. More of an Action/RPG than platforming, players plug into appliances to delete viruses as most electronics are hooked to the Internet. Supposedly starting with Battle Network 2 is fine and if that gameplay is enjoyable, try the Star Force series as well.

With several genres and series it's easy to recommend Megaman to pretty much anybody.
>>
File: 1452664600151.png (189 KB, 398x307) Image search: [Google]
1452664600151.png
189 KB, 398x307
>>330389778
>Mega Man 5
Fun game.
>Mega Man 7
Shit taste, pleb.

Only way you could get any worse would be to pretend you like Mega Man 8.
>>
>>330389778
>Megaman 5
Not close enough
>Megaman 7
This is better.
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 448x327) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 448x327
>>330390927
Mega Man 8 wasn't THAT bad.
The voice acting was undoubtedly unacceptable, but the game play was pretty unique to me.
>>
>>330393290
8 was lucky to have the "so bad it's good" voice acting" compared to just plain bad like X7's
>>
MEGAMAN 3

MEGAMAN X2
>>
My favorite is MM9. My recommended game for newbies is tough to decide between MM1, 2, and 3. They're all great.
>>
>>330390927
>>330394387
8 is actually a very comfy platformer outside a few auto-scroller levels, its just the music is very hit and miss and some of the level gimmicks go bland very quickly.

its nowhere as good as 2-5 but at least it better then the abomination that was 7
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.