[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can a game be so long yet feature so little actual content?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: big boss m.jpg (206 KB, 845x1076) Image search: [Google]
big boss m.jpg
206 KB, 845x1076
How can a game be so long yet feature so little actual content?

You'd think with all the importance the trailers put on the Shining Lights scene, they would have gone somewhere with that.

Man, literally NOTHING happened in this game...
>>
Fuck open world games. Half the time spent playing is just running to the objective/area of operations.

Just give me a crafted stage to play though.
>>
>>330383258
>That feel when you expected the SKULLS to be the precursor of Dr.Clark's work on Gray Fox
>That feel when you expected to see Zero show his face and do big bad evil things
>That feel when you thought you'd go NUCLEAR and kill boatloads of innocents on your way to true revenge
>That feel when you thought this game would be the perfect fusion of stealth elements from all the top stealth franchises painted in the pristine image of the FOX Engine
>That feel when it didn't happen
>>
What is the first line from Venom that comes to mind when he's mentioned, /v/?

>"Fine."
>>
>>330383258
Sometimes I forget how handsome Venom is, but then someone on /v/ posts a picture of him and I remember again.
>>
>>330383258

aaaaaaa AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>330383258
>realize your game has no content
>just copy and tweak base management from PW
>drooling retards and autists won't mind empty world, copy-pasted outposts, the same 3 missions 50 times in a row, chapter 2 being a repeat of ch. 1, and no plot when they can kidnap people to get the perfect base rating
>>
>>330383258
It's a dull and underwhelming game in many respects, but in terms of story there wasn't a whole lot of room for anything to happen, really. Skull Face is contrived asspulled character, and so is Venom. The trailers were definitely misleading though.
>>
>>330383867
>That feel when you thought you'd go NUCLEAR and kill boatloads of innocents on your way to true revenge
>That feel when it wouldn't have even mattered as part of Big Boss's downfall since you're not actually big boss.
>>
>>330384762
I never forget how handsome that fucker is.
I'm not gay, but I'd go gay for Boss.
>>
>>330384616
>"Kaz..."
>>
>>330383867

>that feel when the game was not predictable

feels good man
>>
>>330383258
Name one mgsv with more content
>>
File: 1446525826043.png (620 KB, 738x977) Image search: [Google]
1446525826043.png
620 KB, 738x977
>>330388547
It's unpredictable in the sense that nobody predicted that not a single thing of note would happen not only in relation to Metal Gear's lore, but also the game's own internal narrative.
>>
>>330388547
>Implying everyone didn't predict the big twist before they even played the game
>>
>>330388664
mgsv

checkmate
>>
It barely related to other games other than creating an empty series-wide plot twist that didn't really do anything but try to shock.

Nothing interesting otherwise happened in the game. The only prequel that can possibly redeem the series is to just go way the fuck back to WWII and play as The Boss.
>>
>>330388873
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
>>
>>330388957
fuck the boss i want a philanthropy game or MGS Rising
>>
Have to agree with some of you that Open world games are stale. They peaked with Assassins Creed 2 IMO.
>>
>>330383258
It's an incomplete, unfinished game. Kojima literally said at some event he "needed five more months to work on TPP". He pretty much blew Konami the fuck out.
>>
File: young boss.png (287 KB, 764x422) Image search: [Google]
young boss.png
287 KB, 764x422
>>330388957
What would they call the Boss's boss?
>>
>>330389053
I do too, but I also want a real Metal Gear game. Though without KojiPro, I'm not getting my hopes up. Platinum could at least make another good Rising.
>>
>>330389181
Little Boss
>>
>>330388664
MGS4.

More maps, more characters, more weapons, more codec calls (optional or mandatory) more cutscenes with actual events happening in them, more bearing on the lore of the franchise, more enemies, more boss fights, better boss fights, and most of all, It's actually finished. etc.
>>
>>330388664
Peace Walker
>>
>>330389235
Also, a great fucking online mode.
>>
>>330389181
The CEO.
>>
>>330389205
>Though without KojiPro, I'm not getting my hopes up
Well shit, look what happened with that slant eyed fuck. Even with him there isn't a reason to get your hopes up.
>>
>>330384616
>hire talented actor with a great voice
>he barley says anything and when he does it adds absolutely nothing
MGSV was the only game I preordered in nearly a decade. I still hate myself.
>>
>>330388957
No more prequels, please. Especially not about the fucking Boss. No interquels either. Just let this series die or at least reboot like Kojima initially intended.
>>
>>330389509
Yeah, true. Just gonna hope for a new MGR I guess.
>>
>>330389568
>reboot
This shouldn't happen. Just let it die. MgsV was the embarrassing last words that a senile grandparent has just as they shit themselves and die.
>>
>>330388547
You know, this is one of those instances where it would have been better if it was predictable. Kojima put so much effort in crafting his "twist" that he completely fucked THE STORY of his game and ignored what the fans actually wanted. Yes i wrote "the story" in capital letters because idiots will jump me saying that the gameplay is flawless and it redeem everything with is not true in both ways. What everyone wanted was a final link to the series and the connection between the stories of big boss and solid snake, since everyone knew this would be the last game. What we got instead was a clusterfuck of things that had no correlation to the established story, combined with an explanation that nobody cared for to something that happened in an old msx game.
>>
>>330389793
A reboot could be alright so long as it was totally new. New characters, new setting, new continuity. All Metal Gear needs is the core premise of a lone agent completing a covert operation with the story having a bit of conspiratorial flavor.
>>
>>330388664
>the more, the better amirite?
I hate this mentality that's infesting the industry so fucking much. I never asked for 150 side missions that consist on the same repetitive shit. I never asked for 200 guns when i can beat the game just fine with the starting tranq pistol and assault rifle. I never asked for a giant open world where there's absolutely nothing to do except drive through an empty desert for 20 minutes to get to the objective. I NEVER FUCKING ASKED TO COLLECT ANIMALS AND PLANTS IN A FUCKING STEALTH GAME. Do i need to go on or i made myself clear?
>>
>>330384616
>speak
>where are your friends?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.