[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's get real
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Dad.jpg (30 KB, 442x480) Image search: [Google]
Dad.jpg
30 KB, 442x480
PC Build:
Pros
>Can upgrade
>Can do other stuff apart from vidya
>Better resolutions
>Better framerate
>Better control control for certain games
>Cheap deals for games
>A LOT of small, simple games to kill time with
>Emulation of older systems
>Better performance overall
>Modding
>Kickass torrents
Neutral stuff:
>Can play on couch with a controller with the right setup
>Can play with practically any controller
Cons:
>Expensive hardware
>Need knowledge with what you are dealing with software/hardware wise
>Can run into errors/obstacles constantly
>Multiplayer modes in modern games tend to die faster (duh)
>Setting up controllers, emulators ETC can be a pain
>May encounter hackers on multiplayer
>Harder to manage overall

Consoles(PS4, XBOX ONE, WII U..)
>>
Consoles(PS4, XBOX ONE, WII U..)
Pros:
>Not tempted to alt+tab to /v/ every time there's a pause in the game
>>
File: aeka hurr.png (21 KB, 525x525) Image search: [Google]
aeka hurr.png
21 KB, 525x525
>>330374084
>have Wii U hooked up to main monitor
>still get distracted by /v/ on my secondary monitor
>>
>>> Consoles(PS4, XBOX ONE, WII U..)
Pros:
>easier to use
>Less expensive hardware
>Exclusive games
>Second hand games
>better for casual play with friends
>Bigger online play on modern games
>Better support from game devs
Neutral stuff:
>Only certain controllers are compatible
>Certain games can be a pain to control with a gamepad
>Might run into system updates and such before booting up a game
Cons:
>Games usually stick to retail price and are forced to wait quite some time for them to get cheaper
>Low framerate on ocasions
>Low resolution on ocasions
>Not a huge amount of games to chose from
>Have to pay to access online play (except Wii U)
>Once the next gen arrives, console becomes obsolete
>Still finding hackers on multiplayer games
>>
Conclusion:
Every platform is good on its own
Don't be a pathetic immature brat by trying to justify your investment.
Just enjoy the videogames
>>
aand dead
>>
I own a $1500 PC, PS4, Wii U and 3DS. I don't give a shit about the Xbone because Microsoft totally fucked this generation up.

I have no dog in this fight, I like playing all sorts of video games.
>>
>Expensive hardware
If you buy an overpriced meme machine. My computer is 7 years old, it costed 100$ and it runs everything perfectly fine.
You are either underage or old as fuck if you have a problem with your PC.
>Can run into errors/obstacles constantly
Most of them are easily fixed. Meanwhile, you can't do shit when a console breaks.
>Setting up controllers, emulators ETC can be a pain
Most emulators are easy as fuck to use. Only dosbox gets annoying sometimes.
>May encounter hackers on multiplayer
Like that isn't a problem for consoles.
>Harder to manage overall
It's easier to manage that console. At least if i want to change my screensaver i don't have to pay money.
>>
>>330373968
What's that guys name?
>>
>>330377069
He's the comedian guy
>>
>>330376991
it's usually because the mainstream audience doesn't want to search for fixes. It becomes easy once you bother searching google
>>
>>330374668
>PC doesn't have exclusives
>somehow consoles are better for casual play with friends when it seems to me like pc is getting more split screen games these days, if not just as many, as consoles.
>bigger online play on modern games? i don't even know what this means, a bigger community because the majority of children play consoles?
>only certain controllers compatible is neutral not a con

not trying to hate, just trying to understand
>>
>>330377341
This is something i will never understand. Who cares if the game is an exclusive? Shouldn't you be worried about it being good?
>>
>>330377341

PC is filled with exclusives, but not nearly as many AAA exclusives as consoles

>somehow consoles are better for casual play with friends when it seems to me like pc is getting more split screen games these days, if not just as many, as consoles.

At least the Wii U has more variety for casual play

>bigger online play on modern games? i don't even know what this means, a bigger community because the majority of children play consoles?

Mostly because modern AAA games are targeted to a more mainstream audience wich also plays mostly on console.

>only certain controllers compatible is neutral not a con

Messed up on that
>>
>>330377758
>PC is filled with exclusives, but not nearly as many AAA exclusives as consoles

i guess. maybe. are you sure that's right? maybe it's just the games that appeal to me are usually exclusive to pc whereas i'm not really excited for knack, killzone, halo. the nintendo shit definitely though. i suppose including weeb shit that's probably right too.
>>
>>330378040
I mean, i rarely see big companies publishing anything that's not a multiplat/console exclusive

Every PC only game i've seen recently is independent
>>
>>330378240
Xcom2 is 2k games and only released on PC... So far...
>>
>>330381019
wasn't it getting ported to consoles though?
>>
>>330374668
How is console easier to use? PC is just turn on and click exe. Console is also easy but you have to wade through gay ass ads to get to your games. At least on my xbone I do.
>>
>>330381570
Unless the only thing you're using on PC is steam, you'll spend a good amount of time setting stuff up.
With consoles, you just sit back and wait the same amount of time while the console does tho job (i don't own a Xbox one so no idea if it works differently).
>>
>>330378040

Depends

Now that Microsoft is going windows couple that with all the other shit and it's objectively getting a bunch of new AAA games
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.