[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would it take for you to buy pic related after the abomination
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9
File: just a mockup.jpg (204 KB, 751x1064) Image search: [Google]
just a mockup.jpg
204 KB, 751x1064
What would it take for you to buy pic related after the abomination that was Pikmin 3?

for me,

>has to be at least as long as the first game
>at least as hard as the second game
>time limit a la first game
>no more than 3 captains
>tell story through journal entries instead of long-winded cutscenes with dialogue
>bring back c-stick control
>>
>>330229361
i liked the solo feel of the first game but i dont thin you can go back to that because we need multiple person platform puzzles now apparently
>>
>>330229361
>the abomination that was Pikmin 3?
Pikmin 3 was great and way more similar to 1 that you actually think. You have no time limit because your fruit juice storage is the actual limit. Which means, the better you play, the more time you gain. It is a rewarding system for those who actually take the time to play better.
Having 3 captains feels never a chore because all the places and puzzles are well balanced for 3 characters.
The only reasons 1 and 2 didn't have "long" cutscenes (and Pikmin 3 has just some quircky dialogues, not even that long) is because in 1 Olimar was alone and in 2 Louie is a cunt.

Pikmin 2 is easily the worst in the series, since it it just full of content but without the same replayability and sense of hurry that both 1 and 3 have.
That being said you are entitled to your opinion but Pikmin 3 is not even close to be an abomination and it actually shows that Miyamoto is not senile like some idiots keep parroting lately.
>>
>>330229361
Reintroduce caves
Scrap rock and flying pikmin
Return purple and white pikmin
fix the fucking controls, shit was awkward af to play on the wii u gamepad
>>
>>330229361
>after the abomination that was Pikmin 3?

top kek
>>
>>330229361

3 was good though.
>>
>>330229361
I love your bravery OP. All the underage Neotendrones who only own a Wii U rage whenever you give 3 any kind of flack.

Anyways, for what I want in 4 even though I know it's not gonna happen (And for a long time too):

>bring back cave dungeons from 2, flesh them out more so they are more unique like Zelda dungeons instead of being primarily randomized ant tunnels with a few instances of original environments glued onto it
>increase the enemy diversity by tenfold, as well as the boss variety and make them more challenging (3 had great bosses but the Sandbelching Meerslug looked like shit, SS tier Tentalus design)
>Remove those shitty yellow notes telling you how to play the game like some handholding casual filter
>Make Miyamoto have as little feedback and influence as possible, let the Pikmin 2 devs take control
>no arbitrary time limit
>make the game longer
>Remove Rock, keep Winged and buff them a little to do more things
>Bring back Whites and Purples, do the same as above (One of the Pikmin shorts show a White Pikmin spewing acid from its mouth, lots of potential there)
>return some some form of army control akin to the C-stick. The charge in 3 is good but missing the old C-stick functionality is bad
>bring back Piklopedia at all costs
>have IRL objects instead of just fruit again (Might be costly for product placement bit even then regular objectd can suffice just as well)

Thats all I really want but you know its not gonna happen.
>>
How to make a good pikmin 4
>Game is time limited to start
>Beat time limited part to get time limit free post game
Essentially Pikmin 1's time limit and use all of Pikmin 2's content and more for the post game, but it's not accessible until you beat that first part.
>>
>>330230602

I liked the time limit a lot. It made it really feel like you were stranded on an alien world, as opposed to just taking a field trip because you felt like it. It's not like it was incredibly restrictive in the first or third game, you would have to be five years old or be trying to actually run out of time.
>>
File: 0.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
Am I seriously the only one that thinks all of the Pikmin games are phenomenal for different reasons?
>>
>>330230519
You forgot to avatarfag with an elf picture. Oh, woops, you have been banned for that.
Shame on me for giving this (you) away.
>>
>>330229361

>Abomination of 3

That's some shit taste

Pikmin 3's only real flaw is no post game and that white and purple are only allowed in Challenge mode

Otherwise it's superior in the gameplay department by far
>>
>>330231017
>no c-sticking

I will never forgive this, though.
>>
>>330230962

I agree

Pikmin 1 had the strict time looming over

Pikmin 2 had more focus on freeform caves

and Pikmin 3 was puzzle and management focus that can be replayed for improvement like an arcade
>>
>>330230962

No. There was nothing wrong with 3 or 2.
>>
>>330230962
Nah. They are all equally great. But you are on /v/. Having a controversial opinion and stirring up shit is the norm.
>>
>>330230962
I like them all equally but I put 2 on a pedestal. I'm not buying a Wii U just to play 3.

If 4 could just combine all the stuff from all 3 games then we'd all live in harmony.
>>
File: 1447608863728.png (164 KB, 271x346) Image search: [Google]
1447608863728.png
164 KB, 271x346
>>330229361

>no more than 3 captains

I just realized I typed this and not "no more than 2"

Also, Piklopedia.
>>
>>330231102

>C sticking

>When Wiimote pointing does a much better job

I bet you thought Csticking Metroid Prime was better too
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (18 KB, 185x188) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
18 KB, 185x188
>>330230113
>Pikmin 2
>without the same replayability
>I've replayed it at least 5 times and only replayed 1 and 3 once
>>
Why do people like 2 so much?

Caves are boring as fuck
>>
>>330231001
I only use the elf when I post in threads I don't give a fuck about. And I very rarely respond back. Consider this an honor.

You're also shitposting right now too.

Anyways, are you mad I criticize Pikmin 3? Or would you prefer to stay off topic?
>>
>>330231254
If we are going by subjective evidence, I played 2 like 3 times in my life and both 1 and 3 countless times. They are faster to complete and that allows me to do multiple runs a day trying to do better times and "scores". While Pikmin 2 takes way more to complete.
>>
>>330229361
I like all the three games.
The only thing I ask is for the collectibles to be treasure like in 2 again
I loved that.
>>
>>330231430
I wasn't aware people still cared about high scores in this day and age.
Time I can understand given the speed running community
>>
Keep the multiple leaders, I like using the game pad to manage those, it makes me feel like I'm playing an RTS.
>>
My ideal Pikmin would be

>Focused on rebuilding your ship again for most of the game
>Fruits also return as a method of adding in a day limit. As long as you gather fruit (or veggies, if they decide to use the Hocotate crew) your time extends
>Fruits/Veggies respawn after a few days, larger items take longer
>Once the ship is repaired, the game shifts focus to exploring the planet, more in line with Pikmin 3
>Point is again to gather "treasures" and also fight bosses for key items to advance the plot
>Once the final boss is defeated, Nocturnal Mode is unlocked; giving you the option to explore that day at night.
>Nocturnal Mode features stronger, more aggressive enemies. New items appear that can only be found at night.
>Only for people looking to get 100% completion
>Collectepedia and Bestiary return
>>
>>330229361
literally the only thing I'd need to be convinced to buy the next one is the return of the c-stick. Fuck using the gamepad for these games.
>>
2 > 1 > 3
>>
>>330231658
Well, I mean, for me Pikmin has always been about completing the game in the most efficient way, taking less time possible, collecting everything and making less pikmins die as possible. I know there isn't a proper "score" in Pikmin.
That's why I can't replay Pikmin 2 too much. Sure, it has a lot of stuff to collect and read. But it's really not the same as 1. 3 was much closer.
>>
>>330229361
It was a very good game. I still prefer both 1 and 2 slightly more, but still had a lot of fun.

The main thing I wish they'd change is tone down on the multiple captain meme. I don't really care for the type of multitasking and splitting up you constantly do in 3. Not because it's difficult, but just kind of a bother more than fun.
>>
This game is going to be rereleased with a lower price around $30 right?

I got a Wii U last year and couldn't find a copy of Pikmin 3 anywhere, only to learn they discontinued it for some reason after a few months of release.

I wanted a physical copy and the eshop version is $70, I might get the eshop version if they lower the price with the rerelease but I doubt they will do that.
>>
3 captains was excessive, i mostly had 1 warband and sent a runner back to the onion for pikmin management, or I'd send them to recover the pikmin that have finished a bridge construction job.
I'm at the final battle after playing for a day, the game is indeed short.
Can't say I hate it but I do long for more.
>>
>>330231849
Gamepad was great for micromanagement though. Sending two captains off somewhere while you control another was the bee's knees. The charge attack wasn't horrible, but we do need the C-Stick back.

>>330231936
I think it's funny that 2fags think their game is the most hardcore because of the caves, but it's easily the most casual Pikmin experience. No time limit, caves auto-save each floor to promote scumming, Purples are broken. What a joke.
>>
>>330232087
Yup.
http://nintendoeverything.com/retailer-says-new-nintendo-selects-are-coming-on-march-11/
>>
>>330232179
Don't get me wrong, Pikmin 2 is a slplendid game too. But I really don't get the praise for it. It is so different from the first one and not in a good way. I must admit the piklopedia was great and I miss it.
I still prefer 1 and 3 more.
>>
File: 4cd.gif (1 MB, 325x203) Image search: [Google]
4cd.gif
1 MB, 325x203
>>330229361
pikmin 3 was fun
>>
>>330232183
>NES remix
>2 ports
>Yoshi's poo island
The fuck, Nintendo?
>>
>>330233042
Are you going to complain about every damn thing? Nintendo selects are games that sold well so nintendo makes a low price reprint of them, that's it. Like platinum games on Playstation consoles. It's not Nintendo that chooses them. You are not forced to buy them either.
>>
>>330233042
They'll add more later on. They always do.
>>
>>330232179
I'm not going to deny Purples were OP, because they were. But there were also the bitter petrify and spicy buff sprays. 2 was more combat reliant. There were more bullshit enemies you had to keep in check. If you go in with a "Keep as many alive" mentality instead of rushing through ahead you'll find yourself much more challenged.

I myself personally see 2 as a reverse bizarro world when it comes to objectives. Yeah in 1 and 3 you can say you want to be as efficient as possible and get a good time.

But in 2 there's another caveat. Trying to not have a single Pikmin die.

The caves are a gauntlet. You neglect to mention the numerous traps like falling bomb rocks, falling boulders, electric nodes, poison has, fire geysers, abyss pits and water puddles. Even if you can just say "Oh just use purples to stunlock every baddie you see", you still have to deal with the aforementioned hazards. Lord knows how many time a random exploding bomb rock nipped of a single Pikmin at the very tip of it's radius.

Not only that but you need to bring a finite amount of 'Mins in your squad. You cant reproduce underground save for Candypop Buds which are more of an option switch in case you are lacking in a certain type. To have a balanced group in any number of caves with certain hazard requirements meant usually 10 or 20 purples if were gonna go with the purples OP excuse. Thats also not mentioning how they are rare since they have no onions and are a huge loss if they do die somehow.

Dont sell it short just because it cant do that. This is what I wish some sects of the fandom would realize, but again like I said earlier most are underage Wii U apologists whose first Pikmin game was 3 and even then most of them got it for fucking free.

It sucks how this IP is so niche, they will never address this schism between the fanbase. We need games that are both like either 1 or 2. That would really help the series in the long run.
>>
>>330231658
People care about score in games built around score.
For example, you play Pac-man for a high score, but not Mega Man 1
>>
>>330229361
>no more than 3 captains

What? Literally what?

That was the best feature of the game, commanding multiple captains with the gamepad was amazing and changed how the game was played. Did you just not like that there was no single central protagonist for the journal entries.

Anyways, they need to do something to help the replay value, and if you make a fucking challenge mode, don't make 3 levels and charge the rest as DLC, pikmin 2 had like 60 challenge missions and the base game had way more content as well, don't have the fucking nerve to charge for challenge missions
>>
>>330233656
He meant that he doesn't want more than 3
4+ captains would be asinine
>>
Louie is and was always an asshole, never forget.
>>
>>330233745
Agreed, 3 is perfect like it is. Give the possibility to play some specific sections with just one or two captains as well. 4 would be too much.

Though, remember that the Pikmin 3 prototypes had 4 characters, Miyamoto probably opted to drop one for the better.
>>
having coop in the campaign with one person on the gamepad could be really cool. It would of course be easy as fuck, but still fun.
>>
File: ass.jpg (172 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
ass.jpg
172 KB, 800x450
>Post this on Miiverse from Pikmin 3
>It gets removed by Admins for "explicit sexual content"

Jesus h christ
>>
File: THICK.png (53 KB, 444x349) Image search: [Google]
THICK.png
53 KB, 444x349
>>330235649
>>
>>330229361
If you really think that 3 isn't the best Pikmin game then go kill yourself. Really just do it. Especially if you think 2 is superior.
>>
File: the hero koppai deserves.jpg (97 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
the hero koppai deserves.jpg
97 KB, 800x450
I want to hug Charlie!
>>
>>330230519
>buff winged pikmin
They're already the most OP pikmin ever.
>>
>>330230113
>It is a rewarding system for those who actually take the time to play better.
That would be true if it wasn't obscenely easy to get several jars of juice every day. Even after Louie steals it all, there's not a lot of pressure.
>>
>>330231194
>Wiimote pointing
Anon, the Wiimote in 3 doesn't do anything remotely similar to what the C stick did in Pikmin.
>>
File: 1434743011691.jpg (52 KB, 689x708) Image search: [Google]
1434743011691.jpg
52 KB, 689x708
Thinking about picking Pikmin 3 up on Friday since it's only $20 and I got a Wii U way after they discontinued the game.

I hear a lot about the controls, what's the best control scheme? I only played Pikmin 1 and 2 on the Gamecube, I didn't play the Wii versions.
>>
>>330231254
>>330231270
>>330231430
2 was by far the worst. The RNG of the caves was unforgiving and sometimes even broken. I've had times where the exit was placed behind a wall, and not the kind you can break down. Not to mention purple pikmin were wildly unbalanced.
>>
>>330237584
If you want to go fast and have high precision, go with wiimote+nunchuk.

If you just want to lay back and chill, Gamepad.
>>
There was nothing wrong with 'pikmin 3. It's the only Wii U game I like
>>
>>330231194
Metroid Prime used the C stick to switch beams and R to aim. Did you actually play the original?
>>
>>330231168
>Also, Piklopedia.
I'm still upset that they took that out of 3. You could maybe even have a sandbox mode where you put different enemies together and watch them interact.
>>
>>330229361
>>bring back c-stick control
THIS
ONE
MILLION
TIMES
>>
>>330238312

I loved it too, I actually really like when games have "enemy zoos"

Yoshi's Island DS did this, and while the game was alright I found it a lot of fun to find all the enemies in the game and then going to the museum and seeing them all.
>>
>>330237584
If you don't mind wagglan, the Wii remote and nunchuk is probably your best bet.
If you do mind wagglan, a gamepad or pro controller would also work.

Alteratively, if you don't like wagglan but liked the Pikmin game in Nintendoland, there's a "touch" control setting that makes the game play like that. I can't imagine it'd work too well but it'd be worth a shot.
>>
>>330229361
nigga they were all fine games.
4 will also be fun as fuck.

stop being nostalgiablind for 2 and enjoy the ride
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.