[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Dayz still worth buying or is it completely fucked?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6 KB, 300x168
Is Dayz still worth buying or is it completely fucked?
>>
The Standalone was never worth buying into in the first place. It piles on shitty unnecessary microupdates and never fixed any of the core issues of the game, like it not having any zombies, combat being complete unsynced ass and framerates tanking on even top end PCs in built up/urban areas.

The original mod had its fare share of issues back in early 2012 but it was still relatively solid. You know, back when it actually had zombies. Then Reddit and YouTube latched on to it, its popularity skyrocketed and it never recovered from it.

I'm still really pissed I can't refund the Standalone.

Don't go near it OP. I haven't tried them but play any of the other DayZ unofficial mods for ARMA II and III or its derivatives, they're supposed to be much better
>>
It will never be finished.
>>
>>329677881
I came here to make this exact post. Never was worth it and never will be OP.
>>
>>329677615

just buy arma 3 and play mods like breaking point and epoch
>>
Would you suggest the Arma 2 mod or is that a train wreck?
>>
>>329677615
It's beyond fucked, avoid like plague.
>>
>>329677615
Survival horror was a scam.
>>
>>329677942
Along with every survival game in early access
>>
File: 1433721537899.jpg (40 KB, 298x292) Image search: [Google]
1433721537899.jpg
40 KB, 298x292
>>329678125
Get Arma 3.
The majority of the playerbase switched, and A3 has better DayZ experience than actual dayz. You have a lot of similar mods to choose from with great maps, and a lot of people are playing it.

Hell, get A2 if that's cheaper for you, the mod is still great, but A3 is a better game with more stuff comming out for it.

Check Breaking Point, Exile on the Esseker map, Epoch..
Each one has more features than the standalone
>>
>>329677615
If you can stand the true horror of the never ending early access.
Its fucked and never will be finished. Now they are trying to implant some new rain...
>>
I can't be the only one that hated how they turned DayZ into a "survival simulator"

If I want to use a Bloodbag, I want the challenge to be finding another player to give me the transfusion.

In the standalone:
>Need 2 Blood Test Kits
>A blood bag
>IV Starter Kit
>All of the above items have RNG durability
>If you and your partner's blood type aren't compatable, you're shit outta luck (again, RNG)

The mod was already really slow, this just sucked the fun out of everything.
>>
>>329681194
The new rain isn't just new rain. It's a whole new renderer that will hopefully fix the god awful frame rate.
>>
>>329681074
I had no idea people were playing DayZ in A3 thanks anon.
Breaking Point and Epoch didn't feel right to me.
>>
>>329677615
still awful. unless you have a populated server with roleplayers - if thats your thing
>>
File: Lord Humungus.jpg (22 KB, 478x253) Image search: [Google]
Lord Humungus.jpg
22 KB, 478x253
What do you yall think will have to be cut or toned down for the xbox 1 version.
>>
>>329681552
There isn't a "DayZ mod" in arma 3, i was talking to mods like BP, epoch and exile.

If those didn't feel right to you, i would suggest getting Arma 2 then, even though it doesn't have the playerbase it once had.

I'm telling you though, lots and lots of crap is getting announced for A3, and new stuff is comming out all the time. I highly suggest picking it up in the future
>>
File: 1449130079813.jpg (143 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449130079813.jpg
143 KB, 1280x720
>>329682073
the PC version
>>
>>329682227
wat
>>
File: 1449954139571.png (655 KB, 740x720) Image search: [Google]
1449954139571.png
655 KB, 740x720
>>329681361
>Challenge
Kek,its shoot on sight or get fucked
>>
>>329681361
>If you and your partner's blood type aren't compatable, you're shit outta luck (again, RNG)

fuck off there is no way this is actually in the game right?
>>
>>329682659
It is anon
>>
>>329682073
The inventory system will probably be more weight based rather than grid based. Also, i'm guessing less buildings and, of course, downgraded graphics.
>>
I really can't get into the Arma games though. Feels way too military like, it's kinda hard to explain.

DayZ gives me a different experience than any of the mods ever had. DayZ actually feels like a survival game where combat is not the main point, Arma feels like a third person shooter where I should gun down everyone I see.
>>
>>329681361
Or, you know, just get a saline bag that does the same thing.

>find saline bag
>partner uses saline bag on you

Done.
>>
>>329685132
DayZ SA and the mod always had teh same feel to me, if anything the SA is just more clunky.

Can you pinpoint why they feel differently to you, i'm genuinely interested?
>>
>>329677615
it's fucked out of this world bro
I would rather spend 23€ on tampons
>>
>>329685339
I don't know, it's really hard to explain. I'm not denying the mod is better, but eh.

I should probably give it another go. Is Arma 2 DayZ still the best way to go for the real DayZ experience? I don't want similar games like Epoch, I want the real thing.
>>
>>329685397
post tits
>>
>>329685439
>I don't want similar games like Epoch, I want the real thing.
Well, the real think is only the mod or the standalone so, yes, it is the only way to go for the real dayz experience.

Breking Point is really nice if you have A3
>>
It's in the same shitty state that it's been in for over a year
Do NOT buy it
>>
Its on a terrible engine so its always going to be shit.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.