[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is going on with all this censoring, removing content
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: 8975764576568708.jpg (61 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
8975764576568708.jpg
61 KB, 400x240
What the fuck is going on with all this censoring, removing content and completly changing text passages? Is it just another thing that was going on for years but somehow imploded (at the very least now with FE Fates being butchered as fuck) and is the next big thing to get mad about or did it really get THAT worse since last year?
>>
>>329253736
Honestly the big thing that riles me up with the localization is Forrest's paralogue and supports with Leo.

The entire paralogue Leo's calling his son a disgrace and shit for the way he was dressing. The entire time I'm thinking they're gonna pull a fast one and have it be because he thinks Forrest has shitty fashion taste. But no, they really DID play the "NO SON OF MINE GONNA BE QUEER" thing straight.

The supports are even more cringey because it's Leo constantly apologizing for being wrong about da gay and shit.
>>
>>329253736
The censorship will get worse if we dont get an ISIS team for the gaming world that goes out and kill the people that censors the games.
>>
>>329254006
In JP it really was fashion sense, bro.
>>
Localization isn't censorship.
You guys were a lot less pathetic when you were just harassing women and SJWs on twitter...
>>
>>329253736

Part of it is consumers becoming more savvy about changes (more and more, we see thigs in the Japanese advertisements that are not included in our versions as we look to them for news about games that aren't announced here yet), part of it is a genuine increase, part of it is that it seems to be happening with every single NoA related release in the last couple of years so people gave been getting more and more annoyed.
>>
>>329254927
>removing content so it doesn't hurt your feelings and make you uncomfortable is NOT CENSORSHIP

ITS 2016 GUYS COME ON
>>
>>329254927

Censorship is censorship, though
>>
>>329254927
>Removing and editing content out by the boatload isn't censorship

"I LOVE 4kids!"
"Funimation's original Dragon Ball Z dub is SO GOOD!"
>>
>>329253736
it´s always been there anon, you just didnt know it.

thanks to the internet not only is it easier to find out, its also easier for whinners to complain about it.
>>
>>329255238
*winners
>>
File: 2dcfgj9.png (2 MB, 997x995) Image search: [Google]
2dcfgj9.png
2 MB, 997x995
Localization, not censhorship
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (2 MB, 1600x2000) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
2 MB, 1600x2000
people paid between 80 and 100 dollars for this
>>
>>329254034
So this is the power of grumblegamble?
>>
>>329253736
Because for the last few years it seemed like Nintendo was starting to get lax in it's censoring and it seemed like they finally realized that it wasn't actually helping their sales and was just a waste of time, money and effort to do.

Then suddenly, enter Treehouse and we are right back to shitty old Nintendo of yesteryear that makes changes to games simply because that have no rhyme or reason to them. Like changing Harold to Arthur.
>>
>>329255417
Wait what's wrong with the support convo on the right? Jaffar and Rath did exactly that in FE7. Or is that apparently bullshit censorship too?
>>
>And people will still buy these games anyway

Life
>>
>>329255224
Except Funimation actually had a good dub.
>>
>>329255417
>love you in dragon
Honestly that part's a no win situation.

You either have retard dragon talk or a fanslation that was stupid enough to do a literal fucking translation, making that line incredibly fucking redundant and awkward.

Pick your poison.
>>
>>329257770
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA6A-ySMHYI
>>
>>329258124
>literal translations
>getting the game exactly as it was intended
>bad
>>
>>329253736

You are only figuring it out now because the internet is there.
>>
>>329255417

So they got rid of the bathing suit portion in the U.S version?
>>
File: beauty.png (2 KB, 115x48) Image search: [Google]
beauty.png
2 KB, 115x48
>>329253736
It's been going on for decades
>>
>>329259778
what if the original writing is bad?
>>
File: 2cool.gif (461 KB, 500x360) Image search: [Google]
2cool.gif
461 KB, 500x360
>>329253736

Nintendo of America hired that Rapp girl who wants to normalize real-life pedophilia while censoring vidya.
>>
>>329260229
Yeah, strangely enough. Even though you can still go into the spa where everyone is wearing their bikinis and shit and even walk in on them.

Fates is really strange. Part of me thinks they weren't even going in with the goal of censorship and just fucked up that badly.
>>
>>329260314

Alison Rapp

I already reported her on Nintendo's official website
>>
>>329255680
It always has been.

Japanese tittie games are sacred to Allah.
>>
File: Muh Censorship.jpg (2 MB, 2160x2655) Image search: [Google]
Muh Censorship.jpg
2 MB, 2160x2655
>>329253736
literally been around forever

but since Nintendo had a bad E3 and the Wii U is on the way out, lets use this as a chance to shit on nintendo until the next big gaming scandal
>>
We hope that this trend of releasing english text only international versions of games catches on. The less involvement american companies have in video games, the better. And stop buying Nintendo products for fucks sake, dont take it in the ass like a cuck.
>>
>>329255367
> people now complaining about literal games for 10-year-olds
>>
>>329260880
>10 years olds in japan have more maturity than American 18 years olds
>>
>>329260267
>>329258124 here. It's not so much that so much as Japanese is weird.

The line I'm referring to in the original Japanese has Kana telling her dad she loves him, saying something, then ending it with another "I love you." It works in Japanese because in Japanese, saying something again is a way of showing you really fucking mean it. However, if you don't actually understand the culture, it comes off as really stupid.

Same with how in the fanslation, Kamui is often referred to as "Big Brother Kamui" constantly. Because Japanese uses that alongside the name as a respectful title. It makes sense if you understand the rules and culture of the language. But it comes off awkward here because we don't do that. There's also the issue that Japanese, compared to English, is actually a very "flowery" language. What takes us maybe two or three words they'll put in an entire phrase.

The people behind the fanslation thought the best route was to translate everything word for word and it fails. Literal translations from Japanese to English don't really work because there's too many cultural differences and completely different grammar rules. Nevermind that Japanese, tracing its roots back to Chinese, is a logographic (each character represents a concept) language compared to our alphabetic language (where we use letters of an alphabet to form our languages). It's why Mandarin has 5000+ characters, each character is a word in itself.

That's what localization is supposed to do; take something and not just translate it, but do so in a way that it flows off the tongue of the language you're translating to naturally, which Treehouse failed to do. So really, you either have an extremely stiff and awkward fanslation, or a shitty localization. It's a no win scenario.
>>
>>329260503
>>329260314
Whoa what a surprise, /v/'s ethics justice warriors (EJWs) have singled out a woman to blame for shit
>>
File: 1426832217693.png (208 KB, 426x306) Image search: [Google]
1426832217693.png
208 KB, 426x306
>>329260880
>10 year olds have never and should never see girls in swimsuits.
>>
>>329261231

>normalize real-life pedophilia

Are you really going to defend a pedo
>>
>It's another censorship circlejerk episode

I'm tired of these re-runs, new season when?
>>
>>329261231

>EJW

You're actually trying this hard. Hilarious.
>>
>>329261231
No ones gonna suck your dick cuck, go home.
The industry being infected with more cancer is a little bit more important than you getting laid.
>>
>>329261229
What the fuck is logographic
>>
>>329257770
It's not even censorship, it's straight-up laziness. It's like they completely forgot to add in that support and just put a placeholder there.

What's even more annoying is that Beruka and Saizo actually reference that conversation despite nothing actually happening in it.
>>
>>329261431
> I should never have to be deprived of cartoon girls in swimsuits
>>
>>329258460
Normally I wouldn't care but
>>329262314
>What's even more annoying is that Beruka and Saizo actually reference that conversation despite nothing actually happening in it.
That is total bullshit.
>>
>>329261647
> implying it isn't spot-on
>>
>>329261804
>The industry being infected with more cancer is a little bit more important than you getting laid
No it isn't. They're just video games, anon.
>>
>>329261229
>i'll just literally make up words to sound smart
>look how smart i am i'm smarter than you!
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.