[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>we will never get HD re-releases of some of the greatest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 12
File: AC2-5.jpg (148 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
AC2-5.jpg
148 KB, 1024x1024
>we will never get HD re-releases of some of the greatest games From Software has ever put out as long as meme souls is still relevant

i'm glad From saw success with souls, and i genuinely love that series, but it's JUST NOT FAIR how astoundingly good armored core was and how dead the series is now. considering they saw more success than they've ever seen with souls after shitting out some terrible AC rebbot games, i don't think we're ever going to see anything AC related again

i'd just kill for re-releases of 2 and 3
>>
>>323434970
>considering they saw more success than they've ever seen with souls after shitting out some terrible AC rebbot games,

should read "reboot games" instead of "rebbot." i mean, man what the hell happened? armored core 4 and on were fucking terrible
>>
File: AC3-9.jpg (358 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
AC3-9.jpg
358 KB, 1152x864
one of the best games from has made
>>
the games with the "modern" control scheme are last raven and onwards. I believe most, if not all, feature customizable controls, but analog stick compatibility didn't appear until last raven. something to consider when you reminisce and ask for current gen ports.

also, quit acting like its a tragedy that from isnt laying armored core eggs every summer. people are genuinely and legitimately concerned that the release rate of souls is too fast to feature the best of from's capabilities.

just be patient. trust that they haven't forgotten people like these games, and rest assured knowing that if and when the next one arrives, it received adequate development time and care.

besides, you likely have at least ten other games you could be playing in the meantime you fucking glutton
>>
>>323436054
no i agree completely. i'm totally fine with them not making new armored core games; i'd just love to see re-releases for the best of the series like 2 and 3. also, i disagree that the controls to 2 and 3 are too antiquated to be playable. they're still fun to play today. the controls from last raven and such were nice but that was honestly when the games started to stagnate. 3 is the absolute best of the series in my opinion

besides, imagine 2/3 being re-released with dual analog stick controls? muh dikk
>>
>>323434970

The only thing I want is something on the level of Last Raven or 4A again, but it seems like they're going to do something else entirely after DaS3.

AC deserves better than to die after Verdict Day.
>>
>>323436543
was 4a any good? i played every armored core available in the US from psx to ps2 and felt like playing ac4 gave me cancer. that game was fucking garbage
>>
>>323436787
4 was subpar, yeah, but 4a was the perfect blend of modern controls + classic ac gameplay (fast, land or air, arena, branching story arcs, shop variety). it also had online pvp and I believe coop. not sure if it was server based or p2p, might be dead if server based.
>>
do people still play this online? should i get it in ps3 or 360?
>>
>>323436543
>Verdict Day.
How bad were V and Verdict Day exactly? I skipped them after putting a lot of hours into 4A, not that I ever got particularly gud at the game.
>>
>yfw they're secretly making a massive AC game with ALL the cores, ALL the parts, ALL the pale sparkles.
>>
File: 1370404047603.jpg (560 KB, 1600x680) Image search: [Google]
1370404047603.jpg
560 KB, 1600x680
>>323434970

Yeah, we won't ever get any first person dungeon crawlers like King's Field/Eternal Ring/Shadow Tower again either.
>>
>>323437567
>not that I ever got particularly gud at the game
i feel the same
>>
>>323434970
Beat 2 for the first time earlier this year, the vanilla version. Was hard add balls, but fun. That tournament thing was tons of fun to go through, got the number one rank. Going to start the third game soon.

Any entries in the series to stay clear of?
>>
>>323434970
there's like 20 fucking AC games
how many more do you want
>>
>>323437974
probably just PS2 formula front, the fights are all AI controlled. I think the PSP version lets you take the wheel though
>>
desu syslink/split screen pvp was fun
online multiplayer for territory just meh
I'm a mercenary I want to attack bases take out their defenses, destroy MT's, steal research data or prototype equipment, defend a base from some type of attack. Hunt down a thief that's going to their competitors or trying to blackmail them.
Maybe play an arena match here and there and try out obviously bad ideas like shotgun/blade combo
not
"fight" laggy people that are all using the same parts and 1 weapon of each class that's viable after waiting 10-30 minutes in a lobby in a grind for "resources" for a faction instead of direct money/weapon/part rewards sponsored by corporations and doing solo missions
>>
>>323438187
>there's more than 3 of them
>thus they should stop being made
k
>>
>>323438187
I think most of the people into this sort of thing are just starved for any kind of decent mech game, and FROM is the only people who still have an okay rep with that sort of thing these days
>>
File: Lost Kingdoms.png (345 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Lost Kingdoms.png
345 KB, 640x480
>>323434970
>>323437776
I was never gonna get another Lost Kingdoms game from them anyway but I'll bitch about it here
>>
>>323438187
it would be nice to have a few of the best re-released in HD, at least, so you could play them on modern consoles in higher resolution. that alone would be really nice
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1440x900
So I'm like 20 or 30% into AC3 for PS2. I'm using a quite heavy mech with hovering base, machine gun, best energy blade and most basic rockets with multiple locks module. It's good all around, but not the best. Should I build two other mechs - one light and one heavy? I'm not very good at those types of games.
>>
>>323437974
3 is an AMAZINGLY good armored core game. the story is A++++++. you're going to have a LOT of fun
>>
>>323438881
yes. extremely lightweight build are generally the best all-around builds up until silent line or whichever game after 3 introduced horrific overheating
>>
>From will never make another Gundam or ACE game again
>>
>>323434970
The day this happens is only when From announces AC4, 4Answer, ACV and Verdict Day are ported to PC. WHICH IS NEVER BECAUSE THE WEST FORGOT ABOUT GIANT ROBOTS.
>>
>>323439117
There is still hope anon,once sunrise can find something bigger than UC to milk it'll be possible
alsoUC is getting another novel so there's that
>>
>>323438187
Dude you play battletech?
PS1&2 are becoming Lost tech unless it gets a port. Half the PS3's can't emulate PS2 anymore, PS4 can emulate PS3 now but there goes most of the AC games.

>>323439113
Extreme light weight are a bad idea for missions the high defense stats cannot make up for a lack of armor points except on a few parts to save weight like arms. I find a mix of heavy legs and medium core tends to work pretty well, otherwise medium legs/medium core depending on load out.
Hover legs are honestly kind of difficult to navigate with I only use them for specialty missions like water if I have an energy based weapon.
>>
>>323439517
you're missing the point. it's easy to build extremely lightweight ACs with massive output generator and low energy use boosters so you can spend most of your time flying through the air avoiding getting hit at all. this won't work for every mission, but it works for a lot of them
>>
File: 56756786.jpg (22 KB, 425x349) Image search: [Google]
56756786.jpg
22 KB, 425x349
>>323439517

>PS1&2 are becoming Lost tech unless it gets a port. Half the PS3's can't emulate PS2 anymore

Thats why I got myself an actual PS2.
>>
>>323438187
You know, 20 games across the span of 19 years is not all that great if you consider these are pretty much the only mech sims out there for consoles.

It's kind of like RTS games where there is some semblance of a decent number of games but it's outdated, tiny and the genre itslef is already scarce enough on its home platform of PC as it is.
>>
>>323434970
What makes you think Armored Core is dead?
>>
>>323439861
the lasers don't work forever. both of mine gave out a couple years ago. it probably won't be that long before a lot of ps2s start to go out of commission due to worn out lasers, and once laser assemblies start to become scarce, it's kind of game over. this is the huge downside to disc-based consoles. cart systems will last practically forever, while disc-based systems will only last last as long as the lifespan of the laser assembly
>>
>>323440114
It honestly sucks they completely shut down PS2 production.
Could've kept at least a single line which would take orders for the whole world and create them in batches.
>>
>>323440254
yeah. at least ps2 emulation works well these days. i finally can emulate ps2 games without any slowdown and i've been replaying the armored core games. it's been really fun
>>
>>323440114
that and the fact that even if a ps4's laser worked in 2025, the servers would just shut down whenever.

you know, the servers which release the multigig patches every AAA game has to keep from shitting itself.

Hell, think about it right now. Pretty soon there definitely wont be enough money coming in to keep up the servers to patch ps3 games. even those got this kinda bad.
>>
>>323439808
Yeah I know what you mean, that kind of gameplay is why I avoided the PS3 AC games. I wanna play a mech not an jetplane, I use my boosters as jumpjets for tactical movements, not helicopter boosters.
>>323439861
One of my PS2's burned out, one got stolen, another one was sitting in place too long and bent the input part that holds the powercable not sure what I did with it but I'm not really sure if it's worth the hassle to try and find the part and replace it (seems simple enough but I'm not sure how it's connected in there and if it's as simple as clicking in a new piece like a lego) don't see much of a point in games anymore unless it's convenient like steam since physical disks are worthless with all the DRM/DLC/Connect to update patches. I love physical disks like PS1/2 but the game makers hate the cost and production of that stuff really seems like they're doing everything they can to sabotage it, so now I just buy less games.
>>
I hate how shotgun type weapons were always pretty meh in the ps1/2 games. Every time I decide to go with shotguns I lose interest in that play through. For burst damage, quad legs and back mounted GL are far more fun.
>>
>>323437567

A lot more tanky at first glance but there were some techniques that could make you deceptively agile.

Main problem was the campaign format, the game had some really cool ideas for an always-online mech game that were misguided due to how tiny the AC audience is. Verdict Day fixed a few of them by letting you recruit bots to fill out your company, but even so...
>>
>>323441470
They were not too bad just the low ammo count and iffy nature of spread pattern made them a gamble in the Arena for being able to do enough damage since you couldn't overheat stuff after a certain point and ammo restraints make overheating things difficult in the first place. Missions they just didn't have enough ammo. The laser shotgun was really good except the ammo, and the insane energy usage was easier energy usage to fire back mounted laser cannons lol, thing was sweet though.
>>
File: May_Greenfield_-_Emblem.jpg (47 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
May_Greenfield_-_Emblem.jpg
47 KB, 200x200
>>323435145
>armored core 4 and on were fucking terrible
Feel free to stop posting anytime
>>
File: 94790002a38a0dc3306c212a792fdb9a.jpg (374 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
94790002a38a0dc3306c212a792fdb9a.jpg
374 KB, 1000x1000
I think I'm getting close to beating Armored Core 2 myself. Can't really see the appeal of it getting a re-release when it's perfectly playable but alright.

Also, I think I might have liked the PS1 trilogy so far but I still have the next game after 2 to play.
>>
>>323440114

>lasers

I'm setting up ethernet play. If you have a fat you can even play off the internal HDD.

Since I'm not getting physical anyway, an emulator isn't a bad option but not upgrading pc for another year.
>>
File: 1436227460420.png (83 KB, 198x178) Image search: [Google]
1436227460420.png
83 KB, 198x178
>From totally forgets about Armored Core and only makes Souls
>People have not forgotten AC and still discuss it and want sequels
>mfw both From and the players have forgotten their best mech game Chromehounds
>>
>>323440114
I bought a few lasers at like 6-8 dollars each. If replacing the laser could give me another 10 years of ps2 greatness, it could work if you stock up. My original fat PS2 from 2001 still works like a champ with both blue disks and regular disks.
>>
File: 1393911041357.png (117 KB, 258x196) Image search: [Google]
1393911041357.png
117 KB, 258x196
>>323439861
>Brother has a original 60gig BC PS3
>Keeps bitching at me for keeping my PS2 and that I should throw it away like he did
>PS3 burns out
>instead of fixing it, he smashes it in the backyard with a hammer
>"Don't worry anon! I'll just buy another one"
>"WHY AREN'T THE PS2 GAMES READING ANON!"
>mfw
>>
>>323444201
I respectfully disagree and I feel that Last Raven was their best mech game. I do hope we'll get a game that takes the best from Chromehounds though. It was a fine game in its own right.
>>
File: 1451448602248.jpg (26 KB, 429x345) Image search: [Google]
1451448602248.jpg
26 KB, 429x345
>>323446303
No offense but your brothers a jackass.
>>
>>323436369
>i'd just love to see re-releases for the best of the series like 2 and 3.

3 did get a rerelease though.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.